Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Rockfalls the Depths of Volcanoes ~ The story of 20 dwarves in a pressure cooker  (Read 67433 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile

dorf 1 baby/child as Tuna :)
I can give you the last dwarf, a stonecrafter/glazer, or you can wait for the first new birth.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will take the stonecrafter if Tuna turns it down or the next baby

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Billy Bob the Jeweller's Diary, 18 Limestone

Dear diary,

I really wasn't expecting Rockfalls to be this ...small. When you're in the habit of avoiding crowds, it's quite distressing. I became a jeweller so I could work with jelly opal, and there's none of that here. Nor are there any cows or turtles to calm me down with their haunting moos or delicious taste respectively. And I don't think we're likely to be getting any dragon bone to work with (my second-favourite material after opal. Dragon bone... it's so smooth and warm!)

On the other hand, I've made seven new friends, which is more than I've had before! Even if one is a child, and another is Squadron Leader, who just barks orders at everyone. Bowie was even kind enough to do a picture of me, see?

It's not very flattering, but I'm sure he tried his best.

Oh, and some of those seven new friends are boys! I'm amazed at myself! Of course, Yarf is already seeing someone, but Karakzon is quite a hunk, and a youthful fifty-five. Even if he is a bit, you know. Crude. He likes his beer, bread and spitting, but Surray says there's a bit of diamond in every lump of coal.

Speaking of which, more good news - a joyous shout just went up, on the middle floor. That was Surray's voice.

I know Surray quite well, now. We're both gentle, intuitive people. But she's so much better with relationships and things than me! And twenty-five years older, too. She reminds me a lot of my poor old white-haired mother, back at the mountainhomes. And I don't think she minds getting to act like a mother hen!

Ah, Surray, let's see what you've done, you lovely dear. Always on about the little lambs and the flowers and the joys of squeezing fruit and pressing pods between your bare hands. What's that you've created, my nature-loving friend? A masterwork leather tea cosy with a pattern of grapes? A legendary cummerbund inlaid with leather snowflakes?

Oh.

Oh okay.

Um, she tells me that she wasn't sure on the name. She changed it at the last moment from "Gangtattoo the Rape of Ravens".

I'll ...go... write that down... shall I, huh, Surray?

Well, I'm happy for her. All that work certainly has increased her skills.

But I'm not sure I want her to mother me any more.

...Or tend my wounds.

...God I hope that really is buzzard leather she used.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cook's Log [by me, Yarf], 21 Limestone

Hey-o, today has seen us clearing away all the chunks of obsidian and dolomite from inside the fortress, so we can set up workshops and bedrooms.

I'm no hauler, but you don't see me complaining. The sooner the boring bits are done, the sooner I can set to provisioning this place. So I get my hands mucky with wambler corpses and rubble. So what? It's not like-

Oh god oh god

That loner Billy Bob has me backed into a corner at the trash heap, she's not right in the head, what do I do - I think she's ...trying to flirt with me?

Oh god oh god what do I do

There's no way out and she's toying with her hair oh god

Wait - there's Jitters behind her, waiting to drop off a lump of stone!

Looks like there's only one way out of this.

...Luckily Goden had all the registry paperwork ready right there.

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shotgun the buckler!
PS. Wolfy?  :-\
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

nice. saved by the marrage bells.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Hooray!
Heh, I like Yarf already. I don't know whether the name suits the personality or the personality suits the name, but I like him. What exactly does he have to cook with? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, i would like the first born!
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent, we have quorum.

And the first beardling to pop out will be Tuna.

I'm still sorting out basic things like habitation. After that will come job assignments, military and pets.

I just noticed we have 120 units of crundle fat from when the starting seven breached the caverns too early. Food may not be an issue for some time.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Oh gods. My chief ingredient is crundle fat. Niiiice. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just hope i have a breeding pair of dogs so i have meat to butcher. what animals have the fortress got?

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thatīs right Forumite, you take a well-deserved break after butchering all those dogs and picking the grain from that cave weath.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

There's no way out and she's toying with her hair oh god

Wait - there's Jitters behind her, waiting to drop off a lump of stone!

Looks like there's only one way out of this.

[people cancel stuff: getting married]

...Luckily Goden had all the registry paperwork ready right there.

XD

oh my god
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Surray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, great stuff!
I have some awesome social skills too... I wonder if that will come in handy :-)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

diamon in coal eh?

well what ever. sometimes a bit of blackness is brighter than the brightest jewel. just so long as its in the right place and not on fire...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17