Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part 6 : Götterdämmerung

(1/31) > >>

Stworca:
Greetings! It's my first LP on Bay12! This LP has quite a few updates already done (seven parts to be precise). This means that the first day i've added nine updates. But chapter 1 was just an intro. Truly.

I've moved to bay 12 from another forum, for an easier time with posting, and a slightly less sane audience - which is a good thing!
The LP is interactive. You don't need a copy of BG2 to participate. Note that the first few updates can be a disappointing, but i'm learning as i go.

Index :Spoiler (click to show/hide)FAQ, Tech info, "How do i join" & more : Below the Index

Chapter One
Where the hell am I?

Part 1 : Who goes there?
Part 2 : I'm no longer alone!
Part 3 : Relief
Part 4 : They can talk!
Part 5 : "C'est Impossible : The Improved Ilyich Story" BOSS FIGHT
Part 6 : Some kind of magic
Part 7 : Schlüssel
Part 8 : Tough Crowd
Part 9 : Sunlight

Chapter Two
Back on your feet.

Part 1 : Amn
Part 2 : He speaks in tongues!
Part 3 : Gaelan
Part 4 : Monskine's Perspective (entire episode written by one of the participants)
Part 5 : Trademeet
Part 6 : Welcome to the jungle
Part 7 : Muddy Water(s)
Part 8 : Sealing the deal
Part 9 : All in a day's work
Part 10 : Roll the dice
Part 11 : A terrible past

Chapter Three
Knee deep in..

Introduction
Part 1 : Brought to damnation
Part 2 : Fall of the order
Part 3 : To fight a city
Part 4 : Three lefts make a right
Part 5 : Spellcasting 101 : "A lovely evening with Sion, Kuroisan and Mad Gnome". BOSS FIGHT X 3
Part 6 : "This is not where i parked my horse : Lich in the docks story" BOSS FIGHT
Part 7 : "You look like a purse : Thaxll'ssillyia the Shadow Dragon" BOSS FIGHT
Part 8 : "FUBAR : Guardian Statues" BOSS FIGHT
Part 9 : Jigsaw has nothing on me : Demon Wraith encounter BOSS FIGHT
Part 10 : Grave Insult
Part 11 : Insanity does not **** around : Saladrex the Red Dragon encounter BOSS FIGHT
Part 12 : Immovable Object vs Unstoppable Force : Demi-lich showdown. BOSS FIGHT
Part 13a : Exorcise the Demons : Nalmissra Party BOSS FIGHT
Part 13b : Exorcise the Demons : Demogorgon the Pathetic, Bugged and Cheesy BOSS FIGHT

Chapter Four
Waist deep..

Part 1 : Hello, Brynnlaw
Part 2 : Sleep-O's Perspective
Part 3 : "Bend over and i'll show you a god : Breudayael's Party" BOSS FIGHT
Part 4 : Wake up call
Part 5 : Peons, assemble!
Part 6 : Götterdämmerung : The Siege of Ust Natha BOSS FIGHT
Info
FAQ Spoiler (click to show/hide):
[*]What do we get to pick?
Name, race, class. If you can, you can do the character all by yourself.
[*]That's it!?
No, the main char will also consult some important decisions with his 'crew'. (preferably via PM, before the LP starts. However if a bunch of active people will declare that they want an active role in the adventure - even better.)
[*]That's it!?
+ Alternative story (you'll see) + Some fighting goodness
[*]That's it?
Yes.
[*]Any mods?
Yes, all the mean, nasty things from 'ze guide' (link to my thread on another forum) i.e. Ascension, SCSII, Tactics, Improved Asylum and more + fixpack, some tweaks from g3 and some tweaks of my own. All will be listed at the start.
[*]Insanity?
Like i said.
[*]Why?
Because its boring otherwise.
[*]Ironman?
Indeed.
[*]Why?
Because its boring without le pressure, and if things go poorly interest-wise there'll always be a way of killing the LP in a non-douche (or Duce?) way.
[*]What if you don't get a full squad of interested people?
I'll run with whatever team we get and fill the gaps with NPC's
[*]What if you don't get anyone?
Then it obviously will not be an interactive LP.
[*]What if more than five people are interested?
Not sure, i guess they may still have something to say as side NPC's. Yes i can mod ze game, and yes i will. Also if someone dies really fast then we can have replacements.
[*]Will there be screenshots?
Yes. A whole lot of them.
[*]ToB included?
If we live that long
[*]Ascension on insane with a party you don't even know yet?
Pretty much, yes.
[*]What if someone dies?
We may ressurect him / her, no problem
[*]What if someone permanently dies?
Have fun in hell (BG2 has a lot of ways to die permanently, but i'll try to avoid this scenario as best i can)
[*]So no reloads at ALL?
I'll reload the game in three cases : 1. Crash. 2. Bug that i will not be able to fix via CLUAConsole 3. Main character getting mazed or imprisoned (if there is another mage in party and he has freedom) unless i find a way around it before going on with the LP
[*]XP cap removed?
Do i look like a sissy?
[*]Anything else?
I will be using ctrl + j to move faster ALOT and i will skip most vanilla dialogues and cut-scenes. I will add some of my own.
[*]Tell us about the Bhaalspawn?
Sorcerer, elf. Paranoid, tasteless, childish, maniacal.
[*]Do you have any experience with AAR's or LP's?
Yes.
- Hearts of Iron 2 Polish AAR. DAIM. Quite fun, but i failed at April 1941
- ToEE all-warrior AAR. Game bugged out and a certain friendly god turned hostile due to an AoE spell that interrupted dialogue. Fun.
- Morrowind. This picture.
[*]Do you have any experience with BG2? With mods? Insanity!?
See the link to "das guide"
[*]When will it start?
Once i buy a new laptop, as the old one had too many playthrough's and isn't with us anymore. I have the money, but not the time to look for one just yet. I assume it will take a week, maybe a tenday.
[*]Is english your first language?
It's not, and if you're looking for an AAR with perfect grammar, i'm not the droid you're looking for.
[*]Those dialogue options aren't from vanilla! What the hell?!
Haven't i mentioned that i can mod the game?
[*]Other question?
Just leave it in this thread, i'll answer it for sure.[/list]

Love & RegardsTech Info Spoiler (click to show/hide): SoA+ToB, with latest patches
G3 fixpack (everything except beta fixes, i do these myself)
Some G3 tweaks
One or two ease-of-use enchantments (inventory enchanting, this LP is going to be chaotic, thus i don't want to fight with inventory management all the time)
Nearly all SCSII upgrades - except for initial dungeon which is harder in tactics, asylum - got a Better mod for that, and trolls - which there are plentiful on any forum anyway.
Tactics - Illyich, Kuroisan, Gnome in docks, Lich in docks, Ritual, Red Badge.
Ascension.
Improved Asylum.
Solaufein - just for the eclipse fight, NPC will not be used.
A "few" tweaks of my own, many more possible should people join in.
Difficulty is set to insane.
It's a partialy-RP LP, thus expect no reloads. Death = end of LP."How can I join?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)There will be moments throughout the LP where the main hero will look for some party members. If you're interested. PM me, E-mail me or leave a message here. You can create your own character from A to Z, or you can leave just your name, the choice is yours. I can also assist you in creation process, thus you don't need a copy of BG2 to participate.
Also avatars. If you want a specific one, do tell me. If you want a custom one - 38 w x 60 h .BMP file is what i'll need to use it.Legend
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Fattened text are technical informations about the LP and upcomming parts.
--- Quote ---Quoted messages are books, letters, diaries & co. Diaries? Yes, don't expect anything funny in these. Quoted messages will also act as third-person narration on the rare occasions in which i'll need such.
--- End quote ---
Dialogue options that i choose will be highlighted.*Gasp!* This dialogue lines / scripts / events don't match the ones from BG2!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Yes. I'm modding the game as we speak. As the game progresses i change more and more. The main plot will remain the same, most of the quests will to, but dialogue lines will be changed across the board. At least the ones that player gets to pick. I'll very rarely alter NPC dialogue lines. Very rarely.Last words before we get to business
Spoiler (click to show/hide)The Let's play may be a bit boring at first, but should it bore you, try skipping a few updates. It gets better as time passes. If you like the LP, please tell. If you don't like the LP, please tell, and list the reasons why. I'm open to criticism

Stworca:
Baldur's Gate 2 Intro
Chapter 1Where the hell am I?
Character
Spoiler (click to show/hide)I've rolled an Elf Sorcerer, male. From a roleplaying perspective i've chosen an elf over human because humans live too short to have too many interesting stories to tell. From gaming perspective Elf is a better choice due to one more dex, at the cost of constitution, which doesn't give any benefits above 16 anyway. At any rate. I've went with an alternative background for my character. After Baldur's Gate 1 he got stuck in a time loop... You'll see. All you need to know at this moment is that he lived for a few decades 'somewhere', while in Faerun not a single day has passed.

Statistics are somewhat weird, but i've decided to go with what i got at my first roll, and roleplay the character i receive from a dice roll.

Strength : 13
Dexterity : 19
Constitution : 16
Intelligence : 9 (yes, nine)
Wisdom : 16
Charisma : 9

So, a dumb, dexterous, uncharismatic but wise Sorcerer. Also, he doesn't look like an elf, or any of the regular humanoids.

The spells i've picked fit the pattern that i always pick. The complete list can be found in ze guide.
Diary I
(once again, diary entries are not supposed to be funny. It may bore you.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---I despise faith - it brings peace of mind only to the weak and those unable to attain it with other means.

For what is faith? Part of the will, inherent power of the immortal spirit. Belief in someone, something which is not certain. Priests who use the divine magic, build on faith their strength, power. However even so-called gods are not immortal. When the force which is worshiped by the faithful dies, or simply loses interest in the believers, the power and possibilities of the priests fall like a puppet, whos strings were cut off. Another problem is that you can shatter one's faith; and will tends to break like a twig in moments of truth.

When I first got to know the truth, I realized how much more reliable arcane magic is. The Wizard will always have the advantage because neither will or faith really matter; whilst one cannot be stripped of his intelligence, except for magical means.

The last argument against the priests, is that not all of them have even marginal power. Many of them lead temples and in some way is govern the faithful only with lies. For who dares to oppose one, who speaks the will of god?

No evidence. No manifestations. How did this happen? What force could have misled so many creatures in Faerun, and beyond it? Fear.

Life, such as we know it, is full of suffering. It's enough to mention only that each person was sentenced to death upon birth, but does not know the date of its execution. Nobody seems to be pleased. Similarly, everyone is doing everything in his power to defer the sentence, and if it was able to reverse it, would sacrifice everything they have.

Thus each religion promises an afterlife, as an answer to the problem that each one of us faces - unavoidable death.

No religion has fallen so far due to excess of promises. The current decay of religion is associated with the fact that people are asking for evidence. However the majority prefers to accept half-truths, and stories that aren't backed up by any evidence, than face the fact that there is no afterlife, and death is certain.

When you are bankrupt, in part, the best approach to the problem is to start again with no preconceived assumptions. Let's start doubting every statement. Let's find a way of subjecting every statement to an experiment. Is there even a grain of truth in claims of different religions?

The initial difficulty is the immense wealth of material to be tested. A critical test of all systems would be an endless task; list of certificates too long. Now, every religion is equally good, and each requires faith. So we reject this question. Better to check whether there is any question to which all religions are comparable: for if this is so, it might be worth examining.

It should certainly not be found in dogma. Legends concerning miracles are probably universal, but they lack eyewitness evidence to override common sense.

So what's the beginning of religion? How did it happen that so many unproven allegations were accepted by people of all kinds? Isn't that bordering on the miraculous?

There is however a kind of miracle which certainly happens, and it is the action of genius. You will not find its parallel in nature. It is unthinkable for a "super-dog" to transform the world of dogs, while in the history of mankind this happens with great regularity. Today we have many "super-men" who are at odds with each other. What is the connection between all the prophets, from Lolth's to Cuthbert's? Is there something that unites them?

No point of doctrine, no point in ethics, no theory of "life after life", yet in their stories we find a certain identity, despite many differences..

Great biographies of each of them were written by devotes and include something in common - silence. Each one of them embarked on a journey. Each of them, perfectly silent during his disappearance. Each immediately began to teach the new law upon returning. Coincidence?
No, but while each priest continues to preach, that heretics will suffer endless torments in one hell or another, there is no place for doubts in the heart of the faithful.

Why am i even writing about this? You see, i was born in a place where the entire society was blindly accepting every word...
--- End quote ---

The following pages are too damaged to be of any use.
Part 1 : Who Goes There?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)....
...What? Ugh..
..Where am i..?
Where is the ugly, yet amazingly curved half-chick i hooked up with? Are we at her place?
I don't remember her mentioning anything about bdsm fetish, and there are chains hanging everywhere.

Wait, Am i in a cage?!
She's either a total freak, or those damn librarians finally tracked me down for not returning all those "wink wink, nudge nudge" educational folders.
I've messed with the wro..
Hey, who are yo..
Oh my. (if you want to see the dialogue, watch in HD. This applies to all video segments)
Intro video 1
Hngg.... I've never.. I...
*Faint*

...Spoiler (click to show/hide)Intro video 2
Who... Wha...?

Great, i have found a peon to carry all my loot for me, and she will later show me her boobs! Above everything else, my cage is open and i'm free to look for the bastard that locked me here.. Wait, are these more people locked up? Just a bit to the north..?

Ochita:
You raped my childhood.

Prepare for 5d4+5 Damage.

Stworca:
Current partySpoiler (click to show/hide)
Part 2 : I'm no longer aloneSpoiler (click to show/hide)It seems that i and my pink haired pet are not the only ones, who are locked in this hell hole...

There's a woman locked in this cell! Hey!

Hey ho! Adventure! And for the right cause too! There is a room to the north..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Jackpot! I've not only found some items, including a few potions and a magical dagger - hidden behind a painting no less - but i have the KEY!

Now to get my price! Whoop di doo!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)I don't know much about other prisoners that i've freed, but it doesn't matter at this moment. We have to move out, and we have to move fast. Everyone agreed on that.
They'll all be useful. Moozg and Sleep-O, the warriors, shall bravely lure enemies and block hits that were directed towards me! Vinith shall patch me up whenever i cut my finger opening letters, and Monskine... After what she did in that 'adorable cell' i shall keep for a bit longer! Ho ho!

Now the only thing that is missing...

Rise, my mighty dragon pet! RISE AND SERVE YOUR MASTER! MWAHAHAHAHAah... ha...
Familiar summoning (very short video, you may skip it)
The fuck..? A rabbit? Where is my dragon!? What kind of useless familiar is this!? Everything is going badly today, and i'm not even colorblind!

Let's.. let's just move..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Something is glowing ahead of us! Sleep-O! Go there and find out what's going on!

Foul, monster spawning machinery! Stop them while i figure out what to do!

*click*
..Have i killed us?

I did not! I turned it off! I'm a genius! You hear me people! A GENIUS!

Let us proceed. I'm confident that my superior intellect will allow me to save you lemmings, no matter what you.. oh my. What is this place..

..and how much are these crystals worth?
Part 2.5 : Looking for a way out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Damn those weird chambers. Sleep-O! You know the drill, charge forward and lure out whatever may await to ambush us.

I wonder why does he even listen to me.. Oh well.. Found anything yet? What? What do you mean "A Djinn"!?

What? What are you? Oh damn! An ogre-mage! Defend yourselves!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Very short, and easily won fight with an ogre-mage
God damn Djinn tricked us! Thankfully we're buff, and such insignificant threat will not even slow us down! Wha.. You return!?
Damn you. If Djinn's weren't impervious to weapons we would kill you where you float! What? Reliev will help us get out of here? Now this is some good news at last. Thank you! I hope you don't mind my previous threats.. We're going to leave now, have fun floating in this room.
Sleep-O? I'm going to check the next room myself, you deserve a break. Imoen, come with me. We'll use the oldest trick in the book! Sneakyness![/i]
First group of enemies!Ha! Die, you gray farts! No one shall ambush my mighty group and live! Nothing can stop us now! Let's follow this corridor to find a way out. Reliev! Here we come!
After update rant (read only if you're about to comment on part 2.5)Spoiler (click to show/hide)Yeah, i may have wasted a spell or two against the ogre, but the party needs to rest anyway, and on insane anything can wipe out your group. Note that the ogre-mage had Shield, Haste, Mirror Image, Stoneskin and Impr. Invisibility at the very beginning of the fight. This is caused by SCSII.

Against the duergar party - i had no idea spirit bears are immune to non-magical weapons, and assumed that the summons will be wiped, that's why i fell back, planning on using the skull trap by the crystal to damage the foes somewhat more. It'll be used later on i guess. Wasted a skull trap here, but as i said before, we need to rest anyway, only the sorcerer had full spellbook, and we'll need everything for what is to come.

Also - yes, i'm playing very cautiously at the moment. This is caused by the fact that i don't want to end the LP in the starting dungeon!  ;) Upcoming boss fight will be the last fight in which i'll be using such sneaky tactics.

Stworca:

--- Quote from: Ochita on April 02, 2011, 09:32:48 am ---.....
You raped my childhood.

Prepare for 5d4+5 Damage.

--- End quote ---

I'm happy with that! Still, as i've mentioned before, the initial parts are quite boring. Bear with me, please.
5d4+5? One of the party member get's hit for 46 damage from a spell that normally does d8+1 in just a few updates.   :o
I had already seven or eight ready when starting this thread. Let me just unload them first.

Edit : Also, Monskine, Moozg etc. are all brave souls who have joined the LP at the first update!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version