Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Place

Hol-
-Der(p)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part 6 : Götterdämmerung  (Read 69581 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : Text, image, mod and madness.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 03:22:52 pm »

Current Party
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CH2 Part 4 : Monskine's Perspective
This episode was co-written with Monskine.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:33:07 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 03:45:14 pm »

i naturaly have seem to have a hidden talent for these kind of things aswell ;)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 05:30:14 pm »

Added a new poll. I will reset it every few updates, and turn in the direction you guys want me to!

Also, Monks is our modest Monskine. An unwashed barbarian too. Now to force Sleep-O to appear 'ere...

Feedback is, as always, welcome. If you don't want to comment, but are following the LP - for some impossible to explain reason - at least vote in the poll! Pies await!
Wait.. what?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:34:28 pm by Stworca »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 08:56:19 pm »

Enjoying this so far.

Also,
a half-tree half-woman gouged out my eyeballs

Did you do a Thief LP?

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 03:17:55 am »

Did you do a Thief LP?

Nope. Prior to this LP i only had HOI2, ToEE and Morrowind ones. It's my first BG2 Let's Play.

I have screenshots ready for ~two updates, but i'll do them after i return from underpaid, inhuman labor that my boss dares to call half-shift work. So in about 5 to 6 hours expect an update.

To the person who voted for combat encounters : Druid Groove is rather poor when it comes to these, but we'll have a neat one once we return to civilized areas of the game. Also Two or three chapters from here, there'll be a fight so epic, that i'm putting together music, effects & co for it even now!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:31:43 am by Stworca »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 11:19:44 am »

Current Party

CH2 Part 5 : Trademeet
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:23:05 am by Stworca »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 12:10:20 pm »

Current Party

CH2 Part 6 : Welcome to the jungle.

Since the poll votes are mixed, i'm going with mixed updates. This time party banters like crazy!
Next update? Today probably. I have material for over 3 updates ahead, but editing and compiling takes a while.
I'd also like to ask Brunch and others if they like their NPC's.

So far it looks like this :

Ochita has wild surge on EVERY spell that he casts. A weird bug, but one that i am unable to fix. I'm trying to cast as few spells as possible with him, to not kill him too fast. This will change during boss fights that are to come, where every single spell, wild surge or not, will matter. Ochita has insanely low health, despite having decent endurance. With 40 hp he can be instantly killed by anything more dangerous than an ant. Luckily he is a mage, and as such has a huge variety of defensive spells.

3 has proficiencies in Katanas, but we haven't found any yet, despite having an enormous arsenal of magical weapons. He's not yet able to plant difficult traps, but this will change in a few levels. Should he survive what is to come, i'll boost his archery skills a bit.
Brunch received Shield of Harmony. A very nice shield that grants immunity to confusion among other things. He fares quite well so far.
Monskine is a second-plane character when it comes to combat, but in a few levels this too may change. I'm not used to play druids.

We have truckloads of magical potions, handful of wands and desire to kick some butts! ARGH!
In the next update the person who voted for "combat encounters" will get a little treat to keep him interested. Druid grove is a boring place, but i'm trying to make it interesting. The fights there are boring, the dialogues are scarce, the events are.. there are none.. But i'll do my best to make it worthwhile until we get to interesting areas! Feedback is, as always, welcome.

Regards
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:26:56 pm by Stworca »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 11:55:24 pm »

Ochita has wild surge on EVERY spell that he casts. A weird bug, but one that i am unable to fix. I'm trying to cast as few spells as possible with him, to not kill him too fast.

Spell level variation is not a wild surge.  That happens with every spell cast, and at high levels you'll see swings of up to +/- 7.  You'll know a surge when you see one.  There's an announcement and they're visually obvious.

Also, (Improved) Chaos Shield is your friend.  I don't think it reduces the chance of a surge, but it dramatically lowers the chance of a bad one and increases the chance of the "spell cast normally" result.

Monskine is a second-plane character when it comes to combat, but in a few levels this too may change. I'm not used to play druids.

Druids have one massive drawback.  It takes IIRC well over 1 million XP to gain either level 14 or 15.  They lag behind the rest of the party for a looong time at that point.  Fortunately, they gain levels pretty quickly later on to make up for it.  At high levels they have Ironskins, Creeping Doom, and some fantastic summons.  They're still inferior to the other primary spellcasters IMO, but at least you have the best druid kit in the party (though Shapeshifter can be pretty good, the rest suck :P ).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:11:08 am by Earthquake Damage »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 05:11:53 am »

Really enjoying Brunch so far, he's brilliant.

Really enjoying everything else, too. Nice work.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

Current Party

The following update may be of lower quality than other ones. I've had yet another tough night with no sleep, and it's starting to get me. The update has a vulgar word or two, beware.

CH2 Part 7 : Muddy Water(s)

When i've said wild surges i did mean wild surges. Ochita was polymorphed, we lost our gold, we summoned pit fiends, we... many things. It was because i've accidently activated "WILD SURGE" mode. It's fixed now.

The results of talk with Faldorn will be revealed in the EPILOGUE.
As will the sudden, but temporary change of Stworca's understanding and behavior.
When will i write epilogue? Once we die or beat the game. One of two.

Love and regards
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:18:41 pm by Stworca »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »

That's it. I'm going in..

Entire video is "lol, sunfire". Why did I expect anything else?

Besides the shield of harmony, was there any specific reason you decided to go to Trademeet first? Just trying to get a hold on your overall strategy.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 05:00:57 pm »

Entire video is "lol, sunfire". Why did I expect anything else?
Well, we will never again encounter trolls so i gave them a special treat. I have warned thee that the Grove is a boring place. I hope you ain't TOO disappointed.  ???
Non-boss Combat encounters in general are not very exciting. The boss fights though..

Besides the shield of harmony, was there any specific reason you decided to go to Trademeet first? Just trying to get a hold on your overall strategy.

Shield of Harmony was not a reason. The only reason was that Monskine had a "past" in Grove.
This, and the fact that Trademeet = 20 000 gold, not counting the loot.
It's also a place which we are unlikely to visit ever again. Unless the party decides to go back.

I have no overall strategy. I only aim to get through boring parts of the game as fast as possible. I really have no ideas on how to make things like Lilarcol sewers interesting. I also want to focus on main plot as much as possible.

I went ahead and did D'Arnise off screen, there are no interesting fights in there, and nobody cares about Nalia's story. We got the flail, but will not be using it for quite a while. We have gained some XP though. Current levels are 10-12ish

With this being said i'm open for party suggestions where do we want to go.
Interesting and mostly doable places at this point are :
1 Firkraag's castle (a tough boss at the end, that can easily obliterate the entire party in one round. Fight with end boss would get much music and editing love.)
2 Unseeing Eye dungeon (beholders are MAJOR pain with SCSII. I'm still not sure how to handle them.)
3 Umar Hills (a few tough fights with undead, dragons and liches)
4 Unique, super high level characters in Athkatla - Such as Kuroisan, Liches and a rank 4x Gnome Fighter/Mage in docks
5 Proceed with main quest (we have the gold)

If you don't mind, i'd like to see your votes on it. I havent added Kangaxx, Twisted Rune and others, because these are too dangerous to beat without cheese usage. At least at this point.
The "vote" will close in 3 or 4 updates, after we beat a certain dungeon.

Also, 3, i hope i'm not going too far with your character. It's -yours- after all and thus i'm open to all suggestions and criticism. Having an "Ok, boss" rogue is good for me, but you might have a differend POV.

Aside from that, feedback on updates is - as always - welcome.

Regards
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:25:44 pm by Stworca »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 05:21:31 pm »

This, and the fact that Trademeet = 20 000 gold, not counting the loot.

Yeah, I tend to do the Mae'var quest asap for the same reason.

That docks gnome fight is always kinda fun, but it's pretty miscellaneous alone. I'd vote for the Umar Hills (although it's not like you get anything much out of it besides dragon armour).

Also, 3, i hope i'm not going too far with your character.

Nope, it's ok with me (boss).

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 05:34:50 pm »

Current Party

CH2 Part 8 : Sealing the deal

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 05:04:12 pm »

Current Party

This update has an unchanged dialogue in second spoiler. Unchanged because i could not find the dialogue lines to edit. It's a shame, because there was supposed to be a bit of story behind this encounter. My apologizes for that.
Everyone hates slavers, and rightfully so! A combat update.

CH2 Part 9 : All in a day's work

4 out of 7 votes were in favor of proceeding with main quest, so this is what we're going to do.
A new poll has been added. Bodhi or Aran? Bodhi is the more evil path, aiding vampires in their quest to slaughter everything that is living. Aran is a douche, with lots of plotting, but no action and annoying complications. Shadow Thieves endorse slavery. Vampires do so too, but use mental shackles instead of iron ones.

Aran is a lying type, Bodhi is a cruel one.
As enemy : Aran would sell you into slavery. Bodhi would kill you.

Now, since it's an alternative world..
Aran despises Stworca for something he did on a pool party, waay back.
Bodhi still sees him as potential pet slave.

Last, but not least. Bodhi path will have more changes from vanilla, Aran one will have less.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:56:04 pm by Stworca »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11