Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Place

Hol-
-Der(p)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part 6 : Götterdämmerung  (Read 69630 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : Interactive, Mod & Madness LP.
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2011, 01:02:58 pm »

You actually finished a tough opponent with the Ring of Energy?  Damn.  I would've expected her protections to block it.

Honestly? I improvised this fight. Last time i fought the lich was years ago. I've remembered a thing or two (like "breach now, or you'll be fckd" and the fact that she uses clouds) but the actual tactic i've came up with after pressing "record" button.

The next update may take a while, i'm having maturity exams in the following days.
However, when we return, we'll return with a bang.

There is a dragon fight incoming. Beast that has more health than all our party members combined, with THAC0 good enough to -always- hit our party, high resistances to magic and all damage, and a breath attack that drains up to 20 levels when it hits (that's instant permanent death)

We are still not resting. Stay tuned for incoming parts, ahoy!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:07:37 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »

We are still not resting.

Do you want to cut the LP short before Ust Natha? :-\

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2011, 06:22:45 pm »

Do you want to cut the LP short before Ust Natha? :-\

Don't worry, our robes are fancy and balls big. No silly dragon that drains 20 levels with breath attack can stop us!

I've actually recorded the dragon fight already (just twenty minutes ago!), those impatient enough for an update will be able to view the video in about 40 minutes. What are the results?! Well.. Find out on your own, or wait for das update!

Ahoy!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:30:14 pm by Stworca »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

Don't worry, our robes are fancy and balls big. No silly dragon that drains 20 levels with breath attack can stop us!

With that statement, you've convinced me the protagonist should've been Duke Nukem.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2011, 10:14:52 am »

Current Party
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Technical info about the fight

CH3 Part 7 : "You look like a purse : Thaxll'ssillyia the Shadow Dragon" Boss fight

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:36 pm »

Cheese?  In my LP?  It's more likely than you think.

The dragon wasn't as wicked as I expected, but I think I'm used to the Tactics version which IIRC spams wing buffets and stoneskins.  Still, bravo.  I'd recommend drinks all around, but the party's already seen to that.

Also, I'm not sure if the ransacking of de'Arnise Hold was a result of drunkenness, Stworca being a puppy-kicking card-carrying villain, or just standard D&D party behavior.  :P

Side note:  I should check my PMs more often. :/

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2011, 08:23:50 am »

I'm kinda surprised nobody got killed by the acid breath. Either you know the AI extremely well or we got off easy there.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2011, 11:32:30 am »

I'm kinda surprised nobody got killed by the acid breath. Either you know the AI extremely well or we got off easy there.

Both answers are correct.
I had all three melee on her the entire time, not because they could DO anything (-18 AC is untouchable for us at the moment) but to force her to use Wing Buffet. Every 2s the dragon used buffet, were 2s less of Breath Attack danger.
I had the sorc stand the closest of all casters, to soak up the breath attacks. He did.

We got off easy with the fact that the dragon didn't target Sleep-O or 3, while buffeting them, but aside from that it was more or less "planned"

The dragon wasn't as wicked as I expected, but I think I'm used to the Tactics version which IIRC spams wing buffets and stoneskins.

The dragon did use protection from magical weapons and wing buffet. The only difference between this and tactics is that it only affects cone in melee range, unlike tactics where wing buffet is a long range single target attack.
I did not install "dragons have fast, not interruptable spells" component though. It would be a tougher fight if we couldn't interrupt her dispel magic (she tried casting it nearly each round) but i don't like such components. Its cheesy puffs

Stworca being a puppy-kicking card-carrying villain

Card-carrying? No idea what you've said there. And really, is he a villain?! Outrage!

the ransacking of de'Arnise Hold

Had to be done, no matter the reasons!  :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:13:03 pm by Stworca »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2011, 12:20:29 pm »

Stworca being a puppy-kicking card-carrying villain

Card-carrying? No idea what you've said there. And really, is he a villain?! Outrage!
From the TVtropes.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CardCarryingVillain
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickTheDog
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2011, 05:08:10 am »

From the TVtropes.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CardCarryingVillain

I see. Well, if that's how people see him - fine. It's not 100% correct, but nothing is!

Tomorrow i'm having my last exams, afterwards the LP will continue!

We're going to tackle a long, painful, super-high-level dungeon to proceed with main quest, called Watcher's Keep. Normally you pick either Aran or Bodhi, but we've picked neither, so a third road must be taken!
I wonder if i should do Firkraag (tough dragon) before or after asylum though.

Open for suggestions.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2011, 09:39:41 am »

Watchers keep.

Eh, sounds fun enough.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2011, 04:52:18 pm »

first 4 lvls are going to be piece of cake. unless he desides to fight the gambling demon, the demi lich or the red dragon inthere who can actually pull out some decent fights. besides it will give the party acces to a fair bit of magical upgrades. especially if the red dragon is killed! staf of ram rules! also should give stworca acces to the extremly powerfull wish scroll.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2011, 05:56:20 pm »

the demi lich

Demi liches in standard BG2 (also Tactics IIRC) are laughable.  They spend most their time spamming Imprisonment.  Spell Immunity:  Abjuration, Enrage/Barbarian Rage, Protection from Undead (scroll), and Protection from Magic (scroll) all make quick work of them.  I have no idea what horrible monstrosities SCS II makes them, so that could be a fun fight.

The two fiend brawls on level 3 (IIRC) may well be impossible at this point.  I doubt Protection from Evil is fully effective in SCS II.  I'd expect Remove Magic and other fun counters (ditto for the demi lich, by the way).

it will give the party acces to a fair bit of magical upgrades

If you mean what I think you mean, not really.  I think you get at best half of any given recipe pair, with the other half always somewhere in TOB.  Also, I don't think Cromwell's up to the task.  Gotta wait for Cespy.

The party should still score some +3/4 weapons and the +1 quiver &c.  So that's a plus.  Also great gobs of XP.

Anyway, onward to glory!  But don't be afraid to run screaming if you get in over your head.  :P

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2011, 03:54:18 am »

Demi liches in standard BG2 (also Tactics IIRC) are laughable.  They spend most their time spamming Imprisonment.  Spell Immunity:  Abjuration, Enrage/Barbarian Rage, Protection from Undead (scroll), and Protection from Magic (scroll) all make quick work of them.  I have no idea what horrible monstrosities SCS II makes them, so that could be a fun fight.

SCSII demi-liches are spellcasters of level 35+, with greatly reduced casting time + all of the natural abilities.
Horrid willings and HLA's fly left and right. (have i mentioned that high level enemy mages have HLA's? Tactics mini-bosses were the only exception, due to SCSII not affecting them) Expect to see dragon's breath not long from now.
I also installed element "Spellstrike takes down protection from magic scroll".
Lastly they use remove magic on protection from undead scroll'd people.

Quote : "...I would be unsurprised to discover that Kangaxx is now beyond most SoA parties..." DavidW

Our party is unique though, and by no means can be compared to any other, ahoy!

Now, before asking yourself "What are we to encounter in TOB then!?".
To answer as shortly as possible : PAIN

The two fiend brawls on level 3 (IIRC) may well be impossible at this point.  I doubt Protection from Evil is fully effective in SCS II.  I'd expect Remove Magic and other fun counters (ditto for the demi lich, by the way).

You mean the ones where you obtain hearts? The shade is the toughest fight of them.
Protection from evil might not work, but protection from magical weapons will!

If you mean what I think you mean, not really.  I think you get at best half of any given recipe pair, with the other half always somewhere in TOB.  Also, I don't think Cromwell's up to the task.  Gotta wait for Cespy.

The party should still score some +3/4 weapons and the +1 quiver &c.  So that's a plus.

There is an anti-paladin-only +5 greatsword in Watchers Keep.
Also - wish scroll.
And most importantly.. a rod that fires ruby rays!

Also great gobs of XP.

I plan on disabling XP on 2 000 000 to not exceed SOA cap at least before we get to really nasty parts.
When i see them youtube videos of rank 50/50 mage/cleric soloing a vanilla kangaxx, i cannot hope but hunt down such person and.. well, i can not say, to not add any evidence to my mass murder trial.

Anyway, onward to glory!  But don't be afraid to run screaming if you get in over your head.  :P

I will, but "over your head" for me means everyone but Stworca dead, out of spells, scrolls and no rods of resurrection.
Things really have to go FUBAR for us to escape...

But they will.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:58:15 am by Stworca »

Aliya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2011, 06:33:27 am »

Hi, Stworca! Just wondering: how's it going on in the LP? :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11