Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Place

Hol-
-Der(p)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part 6 : Götterdämmerung  (Read 69390 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : Interactive. Insane. Ironman.
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2011, 01:04:57 pm »

Is this the one I think it is? The really, really irritating one?

The one which you can not win even with cheating, if you don't know what to do. Braeudynael the drow.. or whatever his name was. The time-stop-immune, always-invisible, untouchable, unkillable mage with endless spells. A parody fight that you're not supposed to even try to win.
I've beaten it back in 0.91 version  ;) We will have Sleep-O keep one of the items (outrage, i know, but it's the least cheesy one i'm after for him)

I'm interested to see how you'll handle the Pontifex quest

You mean the quest-quest? The ritual?
Or the combat during quest?
I actually wrote a guide on that one, my friend. There is a reason why i'm postponing it to AFTER underdark. I don't want to fight Ira'Kiou'Dneg as we have too many dragon fights ahead of us anyway. Besides, he is not affected by "More hp for dragons" SCSII element, and drops quite easily. Here you can see him dead even before the golems. With a bioware party (+ Amber) no less.
I may beef up his HP though, and show off the fight. He has some very nasty abilities after all, and is often considered to be the "Top" dragon. But we will see more dragons later.. Many, many more, at once, no less.

Right now i'm focused on Nalmissra though.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2011, 07:55:54 pm »

I bet some observant viewers have already found the Nalmissra fight  ;) Still i will 'officially' add it to the LP in a bit.

For now i am facing a rather serious problem. Mainly the end boss affects and scripting..
As it is the end boss is absolutely immune to all magic removing effects. From low rank dispel magic to level 9 spellstrike. This is a major problem, because the boss spams stoneskins and protections. Thus it's impossible to kill him without cheese.

If you want it in numbers : He casts PFMW (read : invulnerability) every 36 seconds. It lasts 24 seconds. In the 12 seconds left you have to take down 2 stoneskins (20 successful attacks against an AC of around -18) and after that drop his 400 hp. (another 15-20 successful attacks. All that in the 12 seconds) before he casts another PFMW. If you fail, he will regenerate. At the moment we don't even have enough attacks per round to be able to pull something like that off, even if we scored each and every one. In short : You are supposed to be able to dispel his protections.

There is one non-cheesy way to stop his damned unremovable I-WIN buff chain, it involves chain contingency, lot's of powerful spells unleashed at once. However.. it completely screws up his scripting, making him just go into melee and do nothing else.

This means that i'd have to either kill a pathetic boss that does nothing, or face a cheesy, retarded version of what he should be, that will not get damaged by the party for the entire duration of the fight.

To summ it up, if i will be unable to fix this problem we will SKIP Demogorgon, or at least delay him until late ToB. This is very unfortunate, but i despise cheesy, "fake" difficulty increase, and unremovable buffs do exactly that.

I'm sorry for not posting Nalmissra yet, but i have to know what to do with Demo before i do so.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:08:20 pm by Stworca »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 09:04:29 am »

Edit : I managed to "fix" demogorgon enough for the fight to take place. Updates will be posted today! We're three steps away from chapter 4!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:55:23 am by Stworca »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : Text, image, mod and madness!
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2011, 09:31:11 am »

Current Party
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tech Info

CH3 Part 13a : Exorcise the demons : Nalmissra party BOSS FIGHT
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:20:15 am by Stworca »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2011, 10:07:14 am »

Current Party

Tech info

CH3 Part 13b Exorcise the demons : Demogorgon the Pathetic, Bugged and Cheesy BOSS FIGHT

End of Chapter 3

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2011, 10:40:00 am »

Before someone observant asks : Yes, we have taken all of Brunch equipment with us. No way i'm leaving all those flails, shields and maces behind!  :D

Chapter 4 will start in just a bit. I have to edit the intro video and create characters that will be joining us. One of them waits for quite a while, the other got lucky that people don't join our suicidal train too often and we had a vacant spot.

I've killed Firkraag and Kangaxx off screen. Firkraag is less powerful than Saladrex, so there is no need to fight him. Kangaxx is pathetic when compared to the WK lich, besides, demi-liches are boring, so there was no need to record it either. Firkraag and Kangaxx were two very important SoA enemies, but worry not, we;re not out of the woods yet.
As a matter of fact, things will only get worse and worse. The easy part is over.

Chapter 3 was very, VERY boss-heavy. Now things will change. Bosses will be more rare (expect none for quite a few updates), but each one of them will be very likely to end our adventure. There is a total of 5 major bosses on our way to ToB. One of them may appear multiple times, who knows..
And only one boss between us and Ust'Natha....

Heavens have mercy, because the drow city will show none.

Oi  ;)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2011, 10:45:06 am »

Is Brunch revivable? I noticed he died, but I'm not sure what happens with running away from fights with dead party members.

Still enjoying this, looking forward to seeing how well/badly we do in the next chapter.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2011, 10:50:02 am »

Yes, we can resurrect him with no problems. Then again, everyone is revivable.

Comments, both positive and negative, are as always welcome. I learn as i go, so to speak, but i can not improve  if i know not what to improve.

Intro video for chapter 4 should be ready soon.
There is a certain epic villain with amazing voice acting that we haven't seen in a while.

One quick info about the current poll : In the long run it does not matter how we get to the Asylum, but depending on which choice we pick, a few updates will be completely different.

Oi!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:06:47 am by Stworca »

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : End of Chapter 3
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2011, 03:29:06 pm »

i refuse to make indepth comments before my new character is in the game!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2011, 04:22:36 pm »

i refuse to make indepth comments before my new character is in the game!

In-depth comment from you? Ha! I swear, if i wasn't sleeping with your daughters you wouldn't even get on tha- wait, you didn't know?
Ummm.. yeah.. you cool with that?

:D

Edit : Now what the three-legged table? Vote tied? Come on people, i'm waiting in anticipation for a result 'ere!
Arr!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:43:38 pm by Stworca »

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2011, 04:48:55 pm »

if only i had a daughter :(

marxistplot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2011, 08:40:26 pm »

Mad? Nah, he's just misunderstood. On the other hand, I love Waltzing
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:43:21 pm by marxistplot »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2011, 03:39:29 am »

Oooh.

Make a female monk.

Name it Ochita.

Improved whirlwind.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2011, 05:27:01 am »

Oooh.

Make a female monk.

Name it Ochita.

Improved whirlwind.
I'd rather have you pick a different name, because who knows, the dead may come back at one point.
Once someone dies you're first in the Q.

I haven't played a monk since... Pen and paper!  :o

We will not be using HLA's in SoA, with the exception - maybe - of the end boss.

Mad? Nah, he's just misunderstood. On the other hand, I love Waltzing

If Stworca ever started a Waltzing band it'd be called "Handicapped children in a deathlock"

If someone hasn't voted yet - do so! You have time till the next update is posted.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:55:34 am by Stworca »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2011, 11:25:08 am »

Its quite amazing really, my party of game characters is so.. mild compared to this.

Then again, having a monk was one of the strongest things in ToB.

I could kill a city full of mercenaries.
So much fun.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11