Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Place

Hol-
-Der(p)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part 6 : Götterdämmerung  (Read 69626 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : Chapter 4 Part 3 : "Unkillable God" Boss Fight
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2011, 01:44:01 am »

I'm leaving country for a week, thus i have little time to dish out an update (I will when i'm back home, worry not)

For now, all i have to offer is this terrible-commentary video of the long and painful Siege of Improved Ust Natha (1:08:XX)
There is some microphone static, but after the fight starts it's blending in nicely (ha!)

Now you know why i'm not doing any video LP's  ;)

Still, i recommend watching it, even if you decide to disable the volume. This is a unique, ball-breaking encounter that very few people tried at all. Even fewer on insanity.
Regards!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part ?? : Siege of Ust Natha (Beta)
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:31 pm »

That went well, all things considered. And your English isn't too bad, even if the quality wasn't great.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2011, 03:36:16 pm »

That went well, all things considered. And your English isn't too bad, even if the quality wasn't great.

Well, we won! Hell of a fight too, or wasn't it?

After all, if we remained on the entrance circle, the giant open plane, we would get surrounded and beaten to death with sticks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:58:16 am by Stworca »

Skorpijon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2011, 07:36:59 am »

Hey there.

Been following this LP after i seen the link on banshee forums. Let me tell you you are awesome :)
I am amazed how you can do all these things and making them look so easy. I myself have installed mods like yourself although i play on core rules since this is my 3rd play (1st modded) but have missed few things from the fine settings in certain mods (used toned down picks if possible).

Great job on the videos, dont know why your bashing your commentary on ust'natha, its sounded pretty good to me (non native english speaker here aswell).

I do have some questions though. I play with custom party of kensai/mage (yeah i know how you like this overused thing, going to dual it at 13 (10 atm)), sorcerer, thief/cleric (dualed at 10) and cavalier. I am trying to play good side and i try to stay of areas with locks/traps for when my thief gets active again (10/10 atm). Where would you recommend to farm for xp? I noticed you have 6 players and by the time you did certain fights you are already few lvl's above me. Where do you get so much xp?? Playing good side btw :)

Also if i missed something while installing mods or used the wrong combination (non insta spells for dragons/fiends/...) how can i change it without reinstalling everything in specified order (that you posted on banshee or is written in scsII). Namely i left out some of the things that were unknown to me but after i read your LP i am inclined i would like to try them.

Anyway, keep up the good work, cant wait for next updated GL & HF!

Skorpijon

p.s. Fingers crossed to complete LP in full
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:03:53 am by Skorpijon »

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2011, 11:19:51 am »

his extra ammount of xp. most likely comes from farming guards, which is also an incredible source of income. in my own playtrough. same mods as stworca. same difficulty. im sitting constantly on 200k+ gold. and i have a good 2.7mil xp and standing at the gates of ust'natha.

good "easy" places for xp includes. the sphere in slums, all the slums quests. main quests (can wait with confronting bhodi/aran  first 2 should net around 55k xp for everyone) the mods however also bring in ALOT of xp. think improved asylum was around 150k+ total. you can also do the de'arnise. firekarg is quite easy xp aswell. since you dont HAVE to confront him for the actual quest succes. the thief stronghold quest is one of the easiest around.

total you should be able to net 1.5mil xp before watchers keep/ending act 3.

Skorpijon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2011, 01:01:19 pm »

How is farming city guards for reputation? A onetime 5-6 rep hit or a constant with each skirmish? I want to play goody two shoes so too much killing guards is not good for my picture of goodness :)

Also can i install improved asylium after i have everything installed? (fixes, ascension, tactics, spell revisions, improved items, scs2, tweaks, widescreen in that order). Or will it conflict with spellrevisions/scs2 (have improved irenicus fight from scs2)?

Anyway, just saw the hour marathon movie of ust natha and i am keeping my fingers crossed for the planned Resurrection of you monks :)

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2011, 03:28:41 pm »

well thank  you. just managed ust natha myself. blasted epic. 1 perma dead. 3 deaths 2 alive :P all whent fine. and suddenly last wave apears with 6 demons and a shit loads of other mobs. obviously it was the matron mother who destroyed 1 of my chars with a flamestrike :P

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2011, 03:29:40 pm »

oh and guards give you rep = 1 ;)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »

Also can i install improved asylium after i have everything installed? (fixes, ascension, tactics, spell revisions, improved items, scs2, tweaks, widescreen in that order). Or will it conflict with spellrevisions/scs2 (have improved irenicus fight from scs2)

Yes, as long as you dont have the improved asylum from SCSII (nor "take party items" from SCSII)
I installed Imp Asylum as last myself.

Anyway, just saw the hour marathon movie of ust natha and i am keeping my fingers crossed for the planned Resurrection of you monks :)

It will be relatively easy. I had to play UN on my stationary PC - otherwise it would chop with fraps - and the LP save is on the laptop, where Monks lives. All i need to do is beating Ust Natha with instant mage buffs, with no deaths, and voila!

Hmm.. it sounded easier in my head.

How is farming city guards for reputation? A onetime 5-6 rep hit or a constant with each skirmish? I want to play goody two shoes so too much killing guards is not good for my picture of goodness :)

Brunch was a goody too.. once.

Where would you recommend to farm for xp?

Paladins of the Radiant Heart are a good pick. The ones that attack you that is.
We have a lot of xp, because i have cleared Kangaxx, Firkraag, Darnise, Sewers and everything else in the game off screen.
Remember the combat heavy chapter with lots of guards? I believe we had to fight up to twenty waves in Gov district alone, not to mention bridge, docks, slums or promenade. In SCSII they also drop the lovely potions and even high level scrolls.
When Ochita - who had almost all the avaliable scrolls learned - died, guards were the only source of scrolls for Unbekannt.

If the kensai mage dies permanently i will eat my hand in frustration.

Also : Thank You for watching, kind sir. In 3 days i shall be back in Holand, and thus the LP will continue soon! (Morrowind one as well)

Edit : Woo! Good job on Natha, Monx
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:30:45 pm by Stworca »

ran

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2011, 04:03:16 pm »

Hello all, an avid BG2 fan here salutes you all,

My question will be to Stworca;
You mentioned fixing your bugged Spell Trap a few pages before, would you explain how you did it? Same issue here and seems like i'm at a dead end :D

I could only find that too many effects(not spell but creature effects) is one of the culprits (when i edit my save game with near-infinity and remove additional proficiency effects from summoned NPCs at abbysal fortress it works and i'm not even at the abbysal fortress, but just left it, weird ToB secondary area function i think).

anyways, thanks in advance, save me and my hairs :D

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2011, 05:25:10 am »

I assume that you have installed Improved Asylum, ran?

You need either two installations of BG2 (one of which has a WORKING spell trap) or a total re-install.

Total re-install route : Replace the SpWi902 file in Improved Asylum instalation folder, with SpWi902 from your override folder BEFORE installing the mod.

Two installations route : Open the spell with DLTCEP, and replace all the broken variables with the working ones. There is a problem with a negative number somewhere along the way.

How to test if its working : Create a sorcerer in ToB, CLUAConsole him a ton of experience, add the following spells : Project Image, Spell Trap, Imprisonment.
Cast spell trap, follow it by project image. Next cast imprisonment spells using your image. Afterwards Kill the image once the spell trap is overpowered with the imprison spells.. And check if you got any spells back. (I check this before and after installing SCSII, as well as after installing the last mod)

I have no idea how to fix it for Spell Revisions (should you have it) nor whether or not there are easier routes to do the above.

Skorpijon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2011, 06:18:49 am »

Edit final:

Spell revision change descriptions for spell trap and from then on it stops working (sizre 2.025 or something bytes). I have replaced the file from SR with the original (size: 778 bytes). After i installed SCS2 it change in size again but after testing it was working (size: 826 bytes). When i installed improved asylium last, it had the same length file in the install directory. I overridden it just in case with SCS2 one (size: 826 bytes). Still didnt work so i manually overwritten the file in override directory with the backup from SCS2 that i made. Now it works.

On topic:
Whats the plan for the next update, cant wait :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:58:44 pm by Skorpijon »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2011, 02:59:53 am »

To ease up your wait, kind viewers, i hereby present you yet another Ust Natha video! This time, my microphone is fixed and the quality is higher! This time, it's a co-commentary video! This time, we are using Bioware characters! This time, we.. FAIL!

Why would we fail?

Perhaps the video name will give it away :

Improved Ust Natha Fail : Raging Minsc (Co-commentary with Xaio30!)

It's not a part of the LP, so it does not brake ze Ironman rules.
Also : I normally would not ever show a FAIL video, but this.. This was just Minsc-tastic!
Warning : I do use some f- words through the course of the video!

Update is.. You wouldn't imagine how many issues i'm having with getting the (saved) game to run :( We have some footage though, and i will try to capitalize on that soon!
I just thought that them viewers (That's You, viewer) deserve a special treat!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:04:22 am by Stworca »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part 4 : Wake up call
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2011, 01:56:28 pm »

Current Party
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CH4 P4 Wake up call

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kudos to everyone who figured the plot twist out before this update. I left a hint or two in the previous updates.
Not a long update, but i'm warming up after a long period of nothingness. The game is finally working again, my rage meter went down from all those 10 re-installations per day, and..
It's good to see you again, viewer!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:05:12 pm by Stworca »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate 2 : CH4 Part 4 : Wake up call
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »

Hooray! Good to see this back again.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11