Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crayon Drawing  (Read 15183 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crayon Drawing
« on: May 25, 2007, 12:32:00 am »

got mine today.  and, oh yes, it is t3h r0xx0r.  or how ever the kids say it, these days.

i dont think i've been so excited to open a piece of mail in a long time.  its like that 'new girlfriend' kind of giddy feeling.  

and if you dont know what i mean, then i suggest that you break off your current relationship and have a quick fling with someone young and impressionable.

ONLY THEN will you be prepared to relate to the full awesomeness that is having your VERY OWN Crayon Drawing.  And thats before you even get to the fringe benefits, such as the fantastariffic CONTENT of said drawing.

to illustrate the point, ASCII art (while superb in its own way) uses the same graphic medium as does DF.  But before me right now, is a fully rendered realization of the programmer's very own vision of several game objects.  I can see how they were dreamed to be in FULL COLOR 2D!

I could go on for pages.  You just dont know.
and if you REALLY dont know, then get with it:
http://www.bay12games.com/support.html

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
Re: Crayon Drawing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 03:15:00 am »

Two thumbs up - definitely.

I'd need some money before I can donate, and probably some sort of international credit card.
But I would if I could, and I will once I can  

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 08:47:00 am »

Share the pic! Come on... I need to know whether the hassle of mailing a cheque halfway around the entire planet is worth the crayon drawing over the ASCII art...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 11:43:00 am »

how can i put this?  maybe you find yourself wondering if a certain type of creature wears underpants and, if so, what color they might be.

i know the answer to this question, my friend -- i know.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »

you... are such the master... oh how you are such the master of persuasion... oh you are good... but I'll donate when I gets me moneies... oh yes

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »

Man, I'd so love to get a crayon drawing by Toady. It's just that I don't have a checkbook and probably wouldn't get one in my financial situation, and sending cash isn't probably such a good idea.

I can (and did once) donate through Paypal, and I'll probably do it again someday. The ASCII art was cool, too, but... a drawing by Toady himself! That would probably be the second coolest thing I've ever seen.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

So, I'm aware some people might prefer the crayons over the ASCII Art Rewards, so I've changed the donation confirmation page a bit.  Unfortunately, I can't offer crayon rewards to people that have already received an ascii reward for a previous donation (it takes time to make both types), though you can switch types if you ever donate again.

Also, if anybody who has donated in the past few months can confirm that you actually go to that confirmation page at all, that would be nice.  It's hard to tell if these mysterious buttons work correctly...

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »

Holy smokes, this sorts my problem completely! I'll have to see if I can figure out how to use Paypal!

[Edit: Okay, I sent off some dollars and it took me to the right screen when I was done. Crayon Art would be brilliant (address forthcoming)]

[ May 25, 2007: Message edited by: TotalPigeon ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

Now we can test if my toadyone@bay12 email forwards properly...

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 07:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by puke:
<STRONG>ONLY THEN will you be prepared to relate to the full awesomeness that is having your VERY OWN Crayon Drawing.  And thats before you even get to the fringe benefits, such as the fantastariffic CONTENT of said drawing.
</STRONG>

So, uh, what was the drawing of?

I got a dwarf with a huge grin, holding aloft a gem as big as his head.  Caption: Aziz has cut a perfect emerald!

I'm a bit jealous if you got more objects in your drawing... mine only has the gem, a cap, and a shirt.

0x517A5D

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 01:16:00 am »

its very likely that my objects are proportionatly smaller.

but it is the very small beginning of an updated object tileset.  thats for sure.

and a grinning dwarf with jem and tshirt sounds pretty cool to me.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 01:27:00 am »

It was easier to think of something for puke since he had just made a relevant post and his donation included his forum name.  I think your dwarf face had more detail.  In any case, the drawings will probably trend upward in quality.  The original ASCII Art Rewards were quite a bit worse than the current ones.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 09:58:00 am »

To drop an example of the gi-nourmous content of the originals, from the wiki...

"Suddenly, from the ceiling dropped... Adamantine Man! Is there any hope?"

The new ones, on the other hand, actually have some interesting stories. The one with the evil monster dwarf and the dark forgy thing is pretty awesome. He has got to be in the game somewhere.

Please?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 12:46:00 am »

Mulak might just remain in your nightmares.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 06:22:00 am »

Thats definitely a yes.
Pages: [1] 2