Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fatties  (Read 1796 times)

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fatties
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:20:18 am »

Just checking - I thought I read in one of the past fixes that the fact that dwarves are always getting enormously fat got fixed?  Did it not?  I've a full military of 10 dwarves who constantly train and such and are quite skilled, but they've all gotten absurdly fat.

If it's still bugged, does anyone know which bug on the bug tracker represents it?  Can't seem to find it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Fatties
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:21:52 am »

You can fix it with precise application of magma.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:40:08 am »

I consider the "strapped with huge amounts of muscle and lard" to be the ideal state for military dwarves. It can be annoying if the civilians start to suffer from it though. Haven't run more than 5 year forts in a great while so can anyone confirm if this still happens in old forts?

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:43:03 am »

I consider the "strapped with huge amounts of muscle and lard" to be the ideal state for military dwarves. It can be annoying if the civilians start to suffer from it though. Haven't run more than 5 year forts in a great while so can anyone confirm if this still happens in old forts?

Except it slows them the hell down, which creates annoying chase scenes where dwarves run after goblins over half the map.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:06 am »

You can fix it with precise application of magma.

This.

Just station them near magma and watch the fat melt away through their eyes.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:04:55 am »

I dont mind my mildwarves being lardasses - isnt fat layer a good defensive roll?
This is a blank sig.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 11:12:14 am »

I dont mind my mildwarves being lardasses - isnt fat layer a good defensive roll?

Yeah, fat layer thickens and absorbs damage better. It also helps with charges and unarmed attacks as it modifies the size.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 11:27:05 am »

Old dwarves tend to get fatter. My young champions (those who actually were born in my fortress or moved in with parents as infants) are all musculars with almost no fat.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 11:38:06 am »

I think their diet affects how much fat they get. What are you feeding them? How often do they go to the danger room?

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 01:19:33 pm »

Except it slows them the hell down, which creates annoying chase scenes where dwarves run after goblins over half the map.

Anyone else hear Yakety Sax playing in their mind while envisioning this? Anyone?

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 01:32:37 pm »

Why chase them down? Just shoot them.

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 03:22:33 pm »

Thats exactly why the dwarfs are fat.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 04:16:54 pm »

Anyone else hear Yakety Sax playing in their mind while envisioning this? Anyone?

Not until you mentioned it. But thanks.

Thats exactly why the dwarfs are fat.

I don't see that much of a problem. I'd prefer my marksdwarves stay sitting behind my fortifications, instead of running off to bash the troll in the head with his cedar crossbow.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."