Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recreating Liberal Crime Squad on the web  (Read 844 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Recreating Liberal Crime Squad on the web
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:18 am »

I've already made a post about this in the curses forum, but I have a feeling most people here don't frequent it often and thus would probably never see it, so I'm going to bring it up here as well.

I've decided I'm going to attempt to recreate Liberal Crime Squad on the web, and I'm wondering if there is anyone who'd like to help. While I'm pretty sure I'm capable of doing it all on my lonesome (eventually), the pace would be glacial as I am by no means a great programmer, and even being out of the job next week, I'm unlikely to have more than 8 hours or so a week to dedicate to this. Plus, I much prefer working with other people on projects like this rather than alone, so I was wondering if anyone else would like to assist?

Even if you don't, I'm open to suggestions and motivation through expressions of desire for such a project to be undertaken. :P

Plus, this will give me an opportunity to spend some time working with HTML5.

Right now, tech wise, I'm looking at HTML5 (and all that entails) with a base in Rails, though I'm open to other ideas for the back end as well.