Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a bug or what?  (Read 1164 times)

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
a bug or what?
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:07:51 pm »

heres the thing, I have a ghost somewhere on the map, he doe'snt figure on the units list but i can send my soldiers and i can't find him on the map, he's a miner that got encased in magam, he's aparently supposed to be buried in one of my cofin but obviously he's not. i can't find him obn th engrave slab list either, do i have to dig out his body wso i can bury him or what? i really want to make him disapear because i heard that he could be the cause of what's causing my crazy lag (making it almsot unplayable)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a bug or what?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 12:04:15 am »

To destroy the ghost, either A) the dwarf must have a memorial slab made that is dedicated to them and built, or B) they must have at least part of their remains stored in a coffin. Since you can't find this particular ghost on the slab engraving list (sadly not uncommon), you'll have to go with option B. Mine out the obsidian, find the bones, and inter them and the ghost should be put to rest.

Note that newer versions supposedly fix the massively-laggy ghost bug, so you might try upgrading if you can't manage either of the options laid out above.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:00:42 pm »

is v 31_21 bugged? if it is i'll upgrade right now

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 03:09:31 pm »

We are on _25 for a reason you realise. :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

ok, so im gessing that one is'nt bugged but now, is it possible to move a save file to another version so the lagging stops? building my tower fortress took quite some time

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 04:02:45 pm »

You should be able to import your old save folder without any trouble. The lagging shouldn't occur, as it was fixed in a recent patch (Ghosts are supposed to be annoying, but not game-breaking).
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 04:16:46 pm »

They're all bugged. This game's in alpha, after all. .25 is just LESS bugged.