Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New window with "urgent/pending issues"  (Read 633 times)

itisme

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy who is not the guy who is the guy.........
    • View Profile
New window with "urgent/pending issues"
« on: April 08, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »

This window would include repeating error messages like "Urist McMinion cancels load cage trap, no empty cages" and include how many cages are needed. Other such messages include "Urist McFarmer cancels farm, needs plump helmet spawn" and messages like that. Additions, comments and other such critique are encouraged.
To steal from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: New window with "urgent/pending issues"
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »

So you mean that you want an entirely new window for alerts, rather than an alerts bar or a menu with alerts in them?

You might want to look over the Interface Overhaul thread, which is based on these sorts of suggestions, and try to put your idea in there.

Keep in mind, however, that there are TONS of complaints about interface, and a multi-window interface has been suggested repeatedly, and Toady has thus far not answered any of those suggestions.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

itisme

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy who is not the guy who is the guy.........
    • View Profile
Re: New window with "urgent/pending issues"
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 04:55:40 pm »

Sorry, horrible wording, by window i mean menu, i think. One of those things that you hit a hot key for, like [d]esignate or zones. Or maybe an addition to the alert menu. My point is, it is really annoying seeing a gagillion and 3 "need empty cage" messages.
To steal from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.