Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You ready for this? Aramco's next ridiculously named mod!  (Read 6382 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You ready for this? Aramco's next ridiculously named mod!
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:12 pm »

Are you ready for my next mod? It has a ridiculous name, as is my custom. It is called...

The Bridge of Power Mod

Now, these alleged bridges are not the type you have set up to atomsmash things-- but, rather, one to bridge the gap, no, the chasm that exists between steel and adamantine. Sort of like that mithril mod, but that is just easier to make steel. Now, if you know anything about adamantine, you'll know that one, single, material could not possibly bridge that gap. That's why this mod has four materials to bridge the gap. These materials are unusable in their raw form (And worthless, so don't bother selling it). In order to get a usable material, you'll have to combine two of the raw stuff, one useless stone, and fuel at a Bridge Workshop. Or, alternatively, two ores, one useless stone, and no fuel at a magma bridge workshop.

Also, you can combine two Aurontine, two Lithesium, and to Dextronium to make adamantine (Though I don't see why you'd want to). Wondering what they're called, and how they perform? Well, the first one, Aurontine (Kudos to Jeousha for the material generator), occurs in sedimentary and metamorphic stone layers, about a third as often as standard materials, in small clusters. The second, Lithesium (Once again, credits to Jeousha), occurs in the same exact way as Aurontine. The third, Dextronium (Once again), occurs in the same way, but only occurs one fifth as often as standard materials.  And the last, Xanthogen. Xanthogen is, well, to put it bluntly, pretty pathetic for weapons and armor. It's value, though-- seems Dwarves really like that eye-wrenching color. It is the most valuable material in the game, and slightly rarer than Dextronium.

And the performace? Aurontine out performs silver for blunt weapons, but is terrible for edged weapons. Lithesium is the opposite-- Great for edged weapons, but terrible for blunt. And the last, Dextronium, is better than any other material in the game (Save maybe adamantine itself) for edged weapons and blunt weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a total overhaul mod, so don't expect this to be it.

This is probably the longest post I've ever made.

EDIT: Heh... Forgot the download link.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4140

Oh, one more thing-- I take no responsibility for you if the extreme colors burn the eyes out of your sockets.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:40:08 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You ready for this? Aramco's next ridiculously named mod!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:52 pm »

RESERVED
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »

Mmm yes.  Credit should probably go to Seventh Sanctum.  I use them all the time for "procedurally generated ideas" when I'm stuck on something.

But yeah this sounds awesome.  I'll be using some of it in my next fort. I might forego the Bridge Workshop since I'm using a lot of Genesis in my raw files and I already have quite-a-few workshops already.  But the minerals? Most deffinitely.

I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:45:25 pm »

Mmm yes.  Credit should probably go to Seventh Sanctum.  I use them all the time for "procedurally generated ideas" when I'm stuck on something.

But yeah this sounds awesome.  I'll be using some of it in my next fort. I might forego the Bridge Workshop since I'm using a lot of Genesis in my raw files and I already have quite-a-few workshops already.  But the minerals? Most deffinitely.

Well, you kind of need the workshop. You can't smelt it normally, and the reactions to smelt go to that workshop, so...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:46:41 pm »

You could always redirect them to the plain ol' boring smelter. But that's not cool.
Also, I love the names.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:48:53 pm »

Oh yeah, and... The workshop will look just like the soap maker's shop, because I don't know how to change the appearance. If anyone could help me to make one, that'd be awesome.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:05 pm »

Yeah good choices.

Looks like Dextronium is the "right" metal for the job.

No?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:56:08 pm »

Yeah good choices.

Looks like Dextronium is the "right" metal for the job.

No?

Yes, it is extremely good. Like the effect from Pokemon green.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 08:02:16 pm »

Oh yeah, and... The workshop will look just like the soap maker's shop, because I don't know how to change the appearance. If anyone could help me to make one, that'd be awesome.

Use this : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54004.0
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 08:11:33 pm »

Use this : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54004.0

Awesome, thanks.

Any suggestions on what I should do next? My creativity limits me to ~3 ideas a month.

EDIT: Introducing, the newest member of the Bridge Mod team, Xanthogen! Xanthogen is, well, to put it bluntly, pretty pathetic for weapons and armor. It's value, though-- seems Dwarves really like that eye-wrenching color. It is the most valueable material in the game, and slightly rarer than Dextronium.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:37:50 pm by Aramco »

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 12:51:19 am »

When you say "occurs one fifth as often" did you mean you changed the frequency number underlined here:
[ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:VEIN:100]

Because if so I am sorry to inform you that that number doesn't actually change frequency; it's been busted since at least .31 was released.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 01:35:59 pm »

When you say "occurs one fifth as often" did you mean you changed the frequency number underlined here:
[ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:VEIN:100]

Because if so I am sorry to inform you that that number doesn't actually change frequency; it's been busted since at least .31 was released.

It's broken? Aw, that destroys the whole point...