Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Complete Weapons Database  (Read 10325 times)

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
Primitive 2
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:12 am »

Additional page reserved for Primitive Civs.

Primitive weapons will also include actual primitive stone/wood/bone/etc. based weapons, as well as weapons (of the obsidian short sword variety) that are materials-dependent.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:08:12 am by SirHoneyBadger »
For they would be your masters.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Original Civs.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:29 am »

Suggestion for original civs I plan on modding into the vanilla.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:43:37 am by SirHoneyBadger »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Weapons Database
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 03:26:14 am »

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 03:29:24 am »

You should also put the Training Weapons inside a spoiler tag.

That is a very impressive list BTW, nice work.

Will the weapon be used by creatures without changing any other raw?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:31:37 am by Phoebus »

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 03:48:57 am »

You didn't break the combo, the combo was complete about 5 minutes before you posted.

Thanks for playing. :P

Phoebus, that's a good question: This is meant to be part of a larger mod, and that's why the "suggestion" pages are there. I plan on greatly expanding materials, modding current civs a little, and also adding some civs. I also plan on removing and replacing humans with a much more complex and more technologically advanced (human level) group of loosely associated animalmen civs. The civs will then all produce unique weapons, and maybe some materials too, which they can then trade between each other.

It's all part of a bigger picture, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share. 

The lists of weapons above are generic, anyway. Humans invented them all, at one point in history or another, and so hopefully anyone with the desire to do so, can still get use out of them.

P.S.
I'll put the training weapons in spoiler tags after I've had time to fully research and add the real historical training weapons people actually used for that purpose. That'll take a bit, but for now, just consider it a placeholder, there for sake of completeness. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:05:51 am by SirHoneyBadger »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 03:57:20 am »

You didn't break the combo, the combo was complete about 5 minutes before you posted.

Thanks for playing. :P

Phoebus, that's a good question: This is meant to be part of a larger mod, and that's why the "suggestion" pages are there. I plan on greatly expanding materials, modding current civs a little, and also adding some civs. I also plan on removing and replacing humans with a much more complex and more technologically advanced (human level) group of loosely associated animalmen civs. The civs will then all produce unique weapons, and maybe some materials too, which they can then trade between each other.

It's all part of a bigger picture, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share.
The part about upgrading the animalmen civs to human tech level with unique weapons is really awesome. I'd really love to trade with some animalmen instead of... elves. (If that's possible.)
But it's going to be a huge drain on creature tileset creators. :/

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 03:59:44 am »

Yes, you're right, it probably will be.

Fortunately, I don't use tilesets.

I'll work some more on this later on this week, but for now I'm going to bed.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:32:39 am by SirHoneyBadger »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 04:34:30 am »

I may borrow the bipennis for Genesis just for the sake of the name :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 06:31:11 am »

Bollock dagger?

Actually, never mind, I think I'd rather not know.

And as far as suggestions go, how about a few bec-de-corbins?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 06:38:25 am »

That certainly is a lot of weapons. It kind of ignores culture and era boundries, but I suppose you can divide that between civilisations.

For polearms I personally preferred to divide them according to how many hands I wanted them to use on them. Worldgen creatures allways persist on using a shield regardless of their weapons size, unless said weapon is a pike.

As for polehammers and the like you should make the bashing attack an edged one with a zero for penetration depth. It behaves like a normal blunt attack. If you dont the game will think the attack is a secondary one like the pommel attack on swords, and only very rarely use it.

And you have two axes called 'aruval', while both their raw entry name is something entirely different.

Edit @ above: they are in the pike section.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 06:06:53 pm »

I've got to go through the list when I have some time, but the bec de corbin is supposed to be on there... I'm still on the last day of my work week, but this weekend I'll do a lot of checks and editing, so consider the above to just be a first draft for now.

There's a lot of material, so getting it really polished is going to take me a bit.

In the meantime, yesss--the bollock/ballock dagger had a handle shaped approximately like a pair of bull's testacles. Atleast it was easy to hold on to. This was related to the kidney dagger, and was also called a dudgeon dagger, if anyone wants to avoid unfortunate implications. I may have listed all three names above, actually, and if not, I probably will add them.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 06:41:45 pm »

Whoa, that's a lot of reserved posts. This had better become the single greatest thread on the forums, with those reserved posts.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 06:43:08 pm »

Whoa, that's a lot of reserved posts. This had better become the single greatest thread on the forums, with those reserved posts.

Actually, the whole thread is reserved, and I'm charging rent to post.

splinteredmind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 10:30:44 pm »

@Jake,
 The Bollock Dagger (or Ballock, or Kidney dagger if you're a prude), was a common dagger in the 16th century.
The hilt and crosspiece, carved from a single piece of wood, did indeed resemble a pair of balls.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MaryRose-bollock_daggers.jpg

I've spent about ten years, off and on, teaching medieval arms and armour. So I can say with a straight face that I have held many a bollock in my hand and thrust them at unsuspecting children.....

- Splinter

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 11:32:19 pm »

@Jake,
 The Bollock Dagger (or Ballock, or Kidney dagger if you're a prude), was a common dagger in the 16th century.
The hilt and crosspiece, carved from a single piece of wood, did indeed resemble a pair of balls.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MaryRose-bollock_daggers.jpg

I've spent about ten years, off and on, teaching medieval arms and armour. So I can say with a straight face that I have held many a bollock in my hand and thrust them at unsuspecting children.....

- Splinter
Those Mary Rose bollock daggers look like Horse bollock daggers...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4