Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Complete Weapons Database  (Read 10277 times)

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
Re: Complete Weapons Database
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 02:31:31 am »

You need the Glaive, the Guisarme, the Glaive-Guisarme, the Guisarme-Glaive and the Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Guisarme-Spam-and-Glaive.

In all seriousness, what you really need are jaguar-men wielding obsidian axes and spear-throwers.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 05:04:27 am »

Whoa, that's a lot of reserved posts. This had better become the single greatest thread on the forums, with those reserved posts.

Actually, the whole thread is reserved, and I'm charging rent to post.
Consider this my rent payment:
I am so using this. Accurate smashing of heads!

Stormcloudy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 12:13:05 pm »

This is absolutely beautiful.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 01:38:40 pm »

This thread makes me thing of the need for a gloss system for weapons.  I mean, most of those weapons are copies of each other, differing in name only.  Wasn't it possible, at once time, to give things different names without making whole new objects?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 02:55:05 pm »

You need the Glaive, the Guisarme, the Glaive-Guisarme, the Guisarme-Glaive and the Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Guisarme-Spam-and-Glaive.

In all seriousness, what you really need are jaguar-men wielding obsidian axes and spear-throwers.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/polearmquiz

and

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0136.html

bear mentioning.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 03:39:00 pm »

It accused me of cheating!
What did everyone else get? I didn't do too well on the French-named things or the combinations, but most of the time I was able to pick out the primary function and guess based on that.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 05:20:58 pm »

You know, that's not quite as bad a meaning as I was imagining.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »

This list is pretty cool
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 11:22:18 pm »

I believe you are referring to the atlatl. :)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2011, 03:36:56 am »

This list is rather awesome. It'd be really cool to see some primitive weapons in there - I'd love to actually be able to equip my dwarves/orcs/etc with stone axes and whatnot, easy stuff to use because more often than not I'm sieged before I get anywhere near smithing.

Also, pole arms are badass.
I managed to get 12 - A swashbuckler am I!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 01:44:58 pm »

Hmm, I have been called a cheater with 17 correct polearms.

Also there is no real need to make very single polearm have the exact same mechanics, the weapon tokens allow some fairly detailed variation now.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 03:29:29 pm »

Quick Head's Up:

Removing the vanilla weapons in the game (short swords, maces, etc.) from the weapon RAW and the entity RAW, will eventually (couple hours) cause a game crash which is apparently unrecoverable.
So, atleast for now, keep the weapons that are already there, and just add additional ones.
For they would be your masters.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 04:04:46 pm »

Hmm?

Good SirHoneyBadger (hehe), could you clarify this?

What if the file is rearranged or the weapons spread out into different files? I have been struggling with sporadic crashing and assumed it was related somehow to creatures but... my weapon raws ARE heavily modified.

Do you have any idea WHY this happens?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 11:27:02 pm »

This is very cool!!!

err...may I suggest pollaxe (poleaxe)?

for daggers and swords, i would like to see keris (kriss) and parang (south-east asian machette) as well.

Also, this:

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/longhouseblowpipe.jpg/
Iban blowpipe/blowgun call Sumpit, with BAYONET attachment.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:32:58 am by wolflance »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 12:14:40 am »

A hero is I. Exactly 1/2 right answers.
Anyway, these weapons might be useful for moods, like the ones in LFR. Except that these don't seem super epic awesome, like shaolin spades (forgive me if you have those, I didn't want to dig through all the pages to see every single thing you had). I think I'll use some of these, but not the absurdly long lists of weapons that actually have the same stats.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4