Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Pick and Axe : building and living in a home v.3  (Read 66056 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pick and Axe : building and living in a home
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 01:00:24 am »

Lolololols, poor Poodli, she is in a biscuit now.
 Used your advice, had a problem with the body swap trick. But I found if you just ignore the body swap, you can just go into Dfmode, set it as 1,1 as you said, quit Dfmode, ESCape from DF, which is now in Adventure Mode, give in to starvation, then restart, and go to the fort, they behave like citizens.
 Next is to try making the adventurer a citizen. :o
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:35:12 pm by Fredd »
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 03:46:50 pm »

Lolololols, poor Poodli, she is in a biscuit now.
 Used your advice, had a problem with the body swap trick. But I found if you just ignore the body swap, you can just go into Dfmode, set it as 1,1 as you said, quit Dfmode, ESCape from DF, which is now in Adventure Mode, give in to starvation, then restart, and go to the fort, they behave like citizens.
 Next is to try making the adventurer a citizen. :o
Simple walk over, change the civ number to the fort's (which could be done by using the dwarves at site to copy,) remove is resident and check before hand if the adventurer's previous civ isn't evil or has a war issue with the fort other than that any bad jojo you got from other areas doesn't cross over to the fort for the fortress doesn't have many connections to the outside world.
I made group is resident removal commands for Dfusion and posted them in the dfusion thread. Through as of now I'm waiting for Dfusion to get Site changer set so one could insta build a human fortress which will make setting up homes easier. through one of the major ideas using Site changer is to convert other sites and then reclaim them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 05:01:45 pm »

Posting to watch.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 05:10:57 pm »

taking over a bandit camp using Dfusion Site changer and retiring the place can be done. being able to build on it not so much. I might want to see if there a way to clean up the site other than using Embark anywhere over the site.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 10:02:00 am »

I seem to remember reading if you embark over a lair, wierd things happen. Do you think if you use Dflair to prevent scattering, when you try to make your adventurer a citizen in DF mode, the comp thinks you are on a lair, and starts the withering.
 Perhaps Dfusions tool to prevent scattering would work better, since the fort is not regarded being on a lair.
 The option to assign a area to a grid sounds much better than individually, block by block, or assigning the real slow all map
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 05:46:07 pm »

I seem to remember reading if you embark over a lair, wierd things happen. Do you think if you use Dflair to prevent scattering, when you try to make your adventurer a citizen in DF mode, the comp thinks you are on a lair, and starts the withering.
 Perhaps Dfusions tool to prevent scattering would work better, since the fort is not regarded being on a lair.
 The option to assign a area to a grid sounds much better than individually, block by block, or assigning the real slow all map
personal choice would be tweak for 1x1 tile block selecting and Dfusion for it's 16x16 block selection Dflair is too flimsy.

nano embarking over a liar will prevent your fort to normally have access to retiring.

"body swapping and YOU!"

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 11:59:32 am »

So, I don't adventure at all (tried once early on and couldn't get the hang of it).  But I saw the link to this and think this is WAY cool.  Question: can you put a retired adventure into the military in the fort?  If so, would danger room training your adventure train them faster than adventuring usually does?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 01:04:50 pm »

So, I don't adventure at all (tried once early on and couldn't get the hang of it).  But I saw the link to this and think this is WAY cool.  Question: can you put a retired adventure into the military in the fort?  If so, would danger room training your adventure train them faster than adventuring usually does?
Yes but you can only go so far as recruit and not a leader of a group, you could just kill off the leader to separate the adventurer from the fortress. Uhh no given that one high level monster kill will boost stats of any character than spending 6 hours dodging wooden sticks, though it's sure is safer.
"body swapping and YOU!"

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »

just watching
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 01:13:26 am »

But would building a danger room surrounding a lever work, if you took your companions there, and have a macro that had your adventurer to repeatedly pulling the lever, so that your companions could gain skills? If it did, using change character to outfit your companions also turn them into better soldiers?
Sincerely,
The Administration

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 02:24:40 am »

But would building a danger room surrounding a lever work, if you took your companions there, and have a macro that had your adventurer to repeatedly pulling the lever, so that your companions could gain skills? If it did, using change character to outfit your companions also turn them into better soldiers?

This would be interesting, if it works. One gotcha would be to make sure your companions are fully armored up before pulling the lever, as you won't have access to healthcare to take care of injuries. On the other hand, you can just watch them and fast-travel if they get too bruised up.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 10:32:59 am »

They should react the same as soldiers in DF do. Although i wonder if you will need to turn traps on, in init file. But if it works, sheesh, you could develop some good soldiers, or at least give peasant companions basic military skills. Maybe the lever pulling could increase some stats, on the adventurer, also
Sincerely,
The Administration

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 12:41:47 pm »

upright spikes dont obey the trapson option in the Init file i tried and apperantly they blame you if they die or are horrible injured  ::) people sometimes
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 03:14:39 pm »

upright spikes dont obey the trapson option in the Init file i tried and apperantly they blame you if they die or are horrible injured  ::) people sometimes
looks like toady assign blame to trap pulls, maybe go with a pressure plate system?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 01:58:42 pm »

How exactly do use the 16x16 option in Dfusion. It has all(very obvious), block around pointer?, and range(x0,y0,z0,x1,y1,z1) < big confusion. Tried asking in mode section, but was onfused even further.Posted it here, since Adv Mode players have used it.
Sincerely,
The Administration
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6