Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Map legend for Phoebus mod?  (Read 11342 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Map legend for Phoebus mod?
« on: April 08, 2011, 02:54:12 am »

There are some things I don't understand on the map during generation. Anyone know where I can find the legend for it? I checked in the help menu, and it had everything but the legend for the world map.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Map legend for Phoebus mod?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 03:06:52 am »

There are some things I don't understand on the map during generation. Anyone know where I can find the legend for it? I checked in the help menu, and it had everything but the legend for the world map.
The small cottages & goblets = elven retreats.
The dwarf statues = dwarven cities.
The cabinets = goblin towers.
The wells = human fortresses.
The metal ore symbol, teddies, chests, 3 vertical bar tile, stockpile tile & smooth floor tile = human settlements.

'n' = hills.
'V' = badlands.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:16:18 am by Phoebus »

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:31:10 am »

The metal ore symbol, teddies, chests, 3 vertical bar tile, stockpile tile & smooth floor tile = human settlements.

'n' = hills.
'V' = badlands.
Nice! A response from the creator (him/her)self. Thank you very much. It was the cabinets that confused me most of all. I saw one go from white to purple once during the generation of world history.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:08:51 am »

'n' = hills.
'V' = badlands.
Nice! A response from the creator (him/her)self. Thank you very much. It was the cabinets that confused me most of all. I saw one go from white to purple once during the generation of world history.
Magenta/Purple = Evil biome.
Cyan/Teal = 'Good' biome.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:17:54 am by Phoebus »

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 04:21:55 am »

'n' = hills.
'V' = badlands.
Magenta/Purple = Evil biome.
Cyan/Teal = 'Good' biome.
I'm going to take this opportunity to thank you for making such a fantastic mod. While I loved the game already, you made it much easier to play and understand. That's not to discredit the other graphic mods, they are good, I just prefer yours more.

Though, I do dream of the day when we get a mouse interface for the game, as well as a means to more efficiently equip military AND civilians. Not that I expect you to do it, I'm pretty sure that's something that Toady is going to have to handle.

/endfanboyrant

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 01:31:06 pm »

I love Phoebus.  Only gripe I have about the worldgen icons is the damned teddy bear hamlets.  Seriously, toys have no use.  Why do we need to have them on that tile anyways?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 11:44:01 am »

I find myself necroing one of my own threads...

Anyone know if there's a legend out for the map creation screen? My biggest concern is finding volcanoes at the moment, but the red thingies that I thought were volcanoes are not yielding one on embark.

AnnanFay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »

I am also interested in this subject. Anyone know what caves look like?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »

Volcanos look like a ^ and caves look like a boulder (dug out rock)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 07:10:19 am »

Volcanoes look like a red bear trap in the rightmost embark map, a red water tile in the leftmost. In adv mode it depends of the level of zoom the map is.

Small caves should look like a boulder with a colored background.