Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The colloseum! (Previosly known as Gladatorial wars)  (Read 3978 times)

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
The colloseum! (Previosly known as Gladatorial wars)
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:39:40 am »

Welcome Brave Gladiators!

Another Arena Battle Thread!
Yes, yes, I can hear you groaning, not another one of these, there are so many that spring up!
Why should you join this particular one you ask..? WHY? Well, this particular bunch of arena battles will not only have arena battles, but role-playing, not to mention interaction with the world outside of the arena.
Yes! That's right! Your characters will be part of a story, for only 10 urists!
er...
Nevermind that last part. Darn little brothers.. :D
Anyways.. Here is the "crunch" as they say, followed by the "fluff" and finally, the credits.

Creature Prices!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items Prices!
Also, Some things to remember. There are 4 Devisions: Sand, Clay, Rock and metal in that order. Generally, you will not fight someone of a different devision, Everyone starts in Medium sand, losing a match brings you down a level, winning a match brings you up. So for e.g... MR A joins the arena and battles MR B who also just joined, MR A becomes a low Sand, while MR B becomes a high sand, if they fought again (probably wont for some time, but let just pretend they do immediately)
 then MR A's team would "die" and MR B's team would become low Clay.
Anyone in team Sand may have a maximum of 1 member. Clay,2. Rock,3. and metal,4. If you degrade a level, you'r highest priority fighters will fight. Just tell me what priority a fighter has when you buy a new one. max priorit 4, min 1.
All teams start with 100 points, Spend wisely!
As for skills, skills are not "bought" as they are in most arena modes, instead, if your gladiator earns a skill level during the fighting, they get to keep it from then onwards.
I will try to post at the bare minimum 1/24 hours.

Fluff!

Credits! Also known as the chosen of Armok. TM
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:51:47 pm by RabbidHare »
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
Woot
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:40:31 am »

TEAMS WOOO
Yoinks Team
Haika's team
Baroskob
SirAaronIII's team
Mipe9's Team
Drk Paladin's Team
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:15:00 am by RabbidHare »
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiatorial wars!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:49:55 pm »

Few comments:

1. There are no prices for skills
2. You can't see the amount of points you start with anywhere.

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:26:19 pm »

Woops :-[

Skills: You don't buy, you keep them after each fight (adding)
Starting points: 100 (adding)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 05:25:56 pm »

Ngokang Wanderhates was a strange goblin. He did as much, if not more, hating as his ten elder brothers and sisters, but he liked to wander around whilst doing it. He liked to apply hate in new, different situations. He asked questions, like "What -is- hate?" and "To hate, or not to hate?". Other goblins generally either laughed at him, or threw large sharp things at his head. He liked trying new things, and hating them just as more as the old ones.
Thus, when he heard that the lord of the goblins ("Hate that bastard!") had made arrangements for the arena, Ngokang, or Ngoki as he hated to be called, grabbed up his few meager posessions and set off.
Took him a long time to get there, though, as he thoroughly hated walking.

Team Members: Ngokang Wanderhates, male goblin: 90 points.
Equipment: None for now.

((The equipment prices come from the material cost PLUS the item cost, yeah?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 06:22:04 pm »

I love arenas. I think I've got a team in all of the ones floating around right now.
How much do elves cost?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 07:19:49 pm »

Sure why not. I'll try this again.

1 Giant Jaguar please.

Short story type rpg thing:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It was dark in the jungle.

Jezza was lounging on a vine-laden, massive, tree trunk. 

She had gorged herself on a pair of passing goblin snatchers.  The squirming sacks they carried were tasty little treats of the enormous feline. She had left the remains where she had pounced on them from within the trees a few hours ago.

The calm of her nap was broken by the sound of humanoid voices, She never paid much attention to the creatures other than potential food.  Having just eaten, she paid them very little mind.

Spotting the mutilated corpses, one of the dwarven hunting team gave a shout.  They also noticed the tracks of the giant feline as they gripped their weapons tightly. One of them dressed in leather and carrying a rope suggested a plan, and they seemed to agree and back off.

Jezza closed the half open eyelid that she was watching them with and drifted off.

She was awoken by a loud crash, and the feeling of her massive body falling out of the crook in the tree she was napping in.  With a snarl she shifted to her paws and tried to right herself.  She reached out to claw the nearest dwarf, and found herself blocked from this satisfaction by a heavy length of wood.

A smiling elf was standing nearby, and Jezza realized that the dwarves had hired this elven trapper to capture her.  No doubt she would be traded in the next caravan, and then put to use for whatever nefarious choice of her buyers.

Jezza steeled herself, and waited for the day she would be let loose to obtain her revenge..
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 08:22:59 pm »

Baroskob: The Funeral Spoons

1. Reekik - Kobold
2. Fudge - Honey Badger
3. Budge - Honey Badger

The Baron of the Dwarf Fortress of Zilirberath thought a hodge-podge gladiator team of random prisoners and trapped animals would be an amusing diversion from the usual routine hammerings and impossible mandates. These three 'lucky' wretches are the first batch to be tossed into the arenas.

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 12:27:59 am »

updated, added elves, Sorry about that. By the way guys, feel free to add suggestions, e.g. if you think a price should be changed.

Anyways, will be posting battles very soon, 1-1anda1/2 hours. ;)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 12:41:35 am »

Yee. Thanks, man!
1. Eli - Elf - 75 pts
Equipment: 1 oaken longsword - 25 pts

Spoiler: BACKSTORY! (click to show/hide)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 01:19:04 am »

Ngokang Wanderhates finally arrived at the arena, looking up at it, he spat in disgust. "ugh! I HATE bauxite! Which idiot decided it should be built out of that damn, abominable stone!?"
Shaking his head he entered one of the gladiatorial waiting rooms and saw that there still were not many competitors. "Bah! I hate it when there is a small crowd! Is that an elf?! I hate elves!!"
Snarling, he walked up to the arena master. "I want to participate you pitiful human! In the arena that is." The arena master gave him a quick look over before nodding. "well then, lucky you, we just so happen to have a spot *cough* go through that gate there."
And so Ngokang did just that, entering the arena for the first time.

As Ngokand had entered the arena a group of elves walked up to the human as he though to himself "Oh Ber.. don't tell me these pansys want to participate"he then noticed the cage being pulled along by the elves, containing a giant jaguar. He quickly regained his composure.
"Oh! You want to enter this beast into the arena?" THe elves all nodded in quick unison, one of them replying in a hihj pitched voice. "Yes! Nature will prove it's strength!" The arena master sighed and nodded, jerking a thumb towards the gate the goblin went through, send 'er out there.
The elves looked at one another, then to the ate, then to the jaguar, which was lying peacefully in the cage. One of them shrugged and opened the cage, and out popped the jaguar, as it leaped towards the gate, it scratched the cheek of the arena master, showing him who's boss. "Blast it all!"

The goblin watched as the jaguar stalked into the arena. "A giant Jaguar?? I HATE those things!!" He immediatly sprinted towards the beast and dived into a low kick, knocking the jagur off balance, as the great beast fell, he stood over it and began beating on it's stomach. The crowds roared exitement!
The elves in anger and the goblins in bloodlusting cheer!
It was not to be though, the Jaguar, agile as it was, flipped itself back to it's feet and gtrabbed the goblins right hand with it's powerful jaws. Giving an almighty tug, it ripped the hand off, sending the goblin into a frenzy of screaming.. and bleeding.. THe great beast then swiped it's claw at the goblins chest, sending him tumbling to the floor, whereupon it jumped upon him and bit his head open, finally incapacitating him.

Ngokang was quickly carted off to the mages, the only ones who could or would brin the dead back to life.

The elves quickly entered the arena and tended to the jaguars wounds. "Oh what a brave kitty cat you are! oooh here's some steak for you, there's a good giant blood thirsty beast!"
After the elves had healed her up and left the arena, the Giant Jaguat prowled around for a while before she smelt... badgers!

The Kobold and 2 honey badgers of Baroskob entered the arena, a look of hunger for the fight on their eyes, the kobold cracked his knuckles as the badgers rushed towards the Jaguar.
As the first Honey Badger reached the Jaguar, it swept out it's claw casualy, knocking the badger flying into a nearby wall. ccccrack! every bone in it's body broke. The second badger used the opportunity to latch onto the Jaguards leg with it's teeth.
The kobold, seeing his chance, rushed forwards and hit the Jaguards head with his elbob, knocking her to the ground, he saw that the second honey badger had also passed out, but she had done so from over exersion, instead of pain.
He got down to his grueson work, repeatedly bashing the skull of the jaguagr with his fists, after a long while, he achieved his task in cracking open her skull, whereupon he grasped her brain and pulled it out with a "ssshloop"

As the Jaguar and Honey Badgers were carted off to be healed, the Kobold stood in the middle of the ring to much cheering and hissing, he was todays victor! He held up his prise, the Jaguars Brain, in extasy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay then! I will be updating teams in the second post, you get points equal to half the points of the enemies you have killed.
Sir AsronIII I will add your battle "sometime" today. Not soon though,

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 01:53:21 am »

Grr. Numbers/swarms are just incredibly broken in the arena. More mobs means more winning. The whole buying of character slots is a good idea, but it's still going to come down to how many are bought and how many we have in our swarm. Really was kinda hoping we would have 1 vs 1 battles to start.

Loved reading the story though. :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:57:59 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 02:03:01 am »

Ahahaa! That was a good read. Poor Ngokang. Actually... Maybe he'll actually be happy for once.
"Get that thing out of my face! I hated that hand!!" :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 03:09:26 am »

Swarms are a bit overpowered, I know.. So I guess it will be better to make it a one on one thing, for Ale and Axes, I will keep you out of fighting for now, but you get to keep all your points and you get a full refund of your units, just make a new team (since it seems the general consensus is 1 on 1.)

Also: Eli fights Ngokang!

Ngokang had been healed by the mages, and boy.. was he pissed! He HATED mages, how dare they use their magic on him! Anyways.. The arena master informed him he had a new fight.. *grumble* He really hated that guy, he though, as he entered the arena.

Eli entered the arena recruitment area and grumbled as he saw the other elves tending to a jaguar. "Maybe I'll trip on that one to.. hrmph.."
He tottered up to the arena master, keeping his distance from the group of pansys and stated he wanted to join the fighting.
"You? But your a pan-" The arena master noticed the sword in the elfs hand. "pan-pan-pantheonic warrior! right that way!" Eli simply nodded and trolloped into the fighting ground. "damned elves" said the arena master when Eli had gone.
As Eli entered he saw his opponent, a goblin, a weaponles goblin. He heard the goblin shouting a wide veriety of curses towards them, most of them having something to do with the goblin hating him, and all elves being pansys.
Eli sighed dramaticly as he walked camly towards the goblin, who promptly rushed towards him shrieking. As Ngokang reached Eli, the elf raised his sword, but, just as he was about to bring it down, he tripped over himself, his head hitting his wooden sword.
Ngokang shrieked in delight, "Don't you just HATE it when that happens??" as he started pounding the elf with his own sword. From pure luck, the goblin managed to break open Eli's rib cage and crush his lungs with the wooden sword. He cried out in victory as the elf was carted off.
"I AM NGOKANG WANDERHATES! AND I HAAAAATE ALL OF YOU WEAK FOOLS! MWuAHAHAHA! Remember my name! MWUAHAHAHA!"
*cheeeeeeeeeer*
"Oh Armok! Would you people SHUT UP?!?!?! I HATE all that noise!"

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 09:43:55 am »

Team application;

Kobold (50)
Oaken Bow (25)
10 arrows (10)
15 points left.
Pages: [1] 2