Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The colloseum! (Previosly known as Gladatorial wars)  (Read 4017 times)

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiatorial wars!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 11:56:28 am »

((The way the amount you can have in your team has been changed, check first post. Also, guys, I would appreciate it if you named your characters, I know most of you have, but some havn't.))

The small Kobold dropped down drom the audience after the goblin had left the stage, he prompltly announced, "I am here to fight! Bringsk me opponentsk!"
And so the Arena master quickly arranged the next fight, cursing and spluttering the whole time about how no-one ever okays anything with him. (and they usualy do, the ninny!) It was decided the Giant Jaguar would go out yet again, giant cats need their exercise after all!
The Kobold stood on the other side of the arena, listning to the prowlings and roarings of the cat, he gulped as he unslung his bow from his shoulder and knocked an arrow.
The Giant Jaguar leaped from the gates, hurtling towards the small reptilian creature infront of her, suddenly she felt a sharp feeling in her front left shoulder, what was this?? A stick had gotten stuck in her? no.. not a stick.. an arrow! Just live a dwarf! She roared in abbsolute maddness, entering a frenzy, as she did so, she saw the small creature before her knock another arrow.. She charged..
The kobold took careful aim as he saw the Jaguar hurtling towards him, suddenly it was in the air, about to land on him. He let loose his second arrow which was only slightly off target, missing the heart, but piercing the chest.
A split second before she landed on the Kobold the She-jaguar saw the small creature draw an arrow and hold it out as if it were a dagger, she swiped with her good frontal claw, unfortunately for her, it pierced the foot. The kobold grinned in te belief of his victory..
Unfortunatly for him, arrows cannot stop something from crashing into you while hurtling through the air, the Jaguar and Kobold rolled for a moment, they wrestled for a place on the top, but the jaguard natural strength and agility proved to great, she flung herself utop the kobold and ripped out his jugular, eating it, gloating over yet another victory.
The Kobold was carted off to the hexers of his tribe, while the Giant She-Jaguar was healed and well fed by the pansys- err.. elves.
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: The colloseum! (Previosly known as Gladatorial wars)
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 05:05:33 pm »

Did he seriously just trip over himself or was that just Ngokang getting the first shot and hitting a foot, thereby causing him to fall?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 05:51:33 pm »

He tripped because of Ngokang, but often while I write these stories I leave out or add something. I would rather the read was interesting than accurate.
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »

Am I still Low Clay? If so, I'll go with:

Nakisrimuk  - "The Cunning Mince"

Giant Leopard (primary) - Snuggles
Harpy - Phlegmface

Baron Ugeth Paintgreed the Slap of Peaches watched the kobold and honey badgers romp to victory, but being a spoiled and pampered douche he was already bored by them. "Set them free, toss them into the magma pits, whatever - just get them out of my sight. Bring up a couple of new ones from the dungeons and kennels. Let me see... how about that Giant Leopard that ate Urist the other day before we caught it? And that Harpy prisoner that called me fat - let's get her in too."

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:36:28 pm by Ale and Axes »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 07:30:04 pm »

Wow! Ngokang actually won... I thought he was hopeless, guess I should'nt of underestimated him, eh? :P
I'd buy a weapon, but Ngokang no doubt HATES trees, and I'm one dwarf buck of buying anything metal. :/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 08:29:24 pm »

I'd like to submit my applicant too, I also like badgers.

Badger-25
Oak Breastplate- 40
Oak Helm-30

Extra points=5

Bemongleshal Tosidkudarnazusholmul Dak
Applemourns the Armored Immortal Blood-Bath of Trees, did not always have a name, the elves gave him that.  What they should have given him was an apple, he would have let go of the elf's arm if they just gave him an apple.  No, instead they tried to poke him with sticks until he ran away with the arm.  The elves must have been as hungry as he was to chase him down, take his arm, and cage him.  They seemed confused as to what to do with Applemourns after catching him, but eventually he was given to a couple short hairy fellows who gave one of the elves some stone trinkets...
"The tree-hugger lowered the price because the beast is rabid?"
"Har! I wouldn't let him accept less than double after the tale of how it ripped one of their skinny arms right off!  I know just what to do with this one!"

All Applemourns understood was "arm", that was the one word he knew, and it caught his attention.... the elves never did give him an apple, he was starving.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:22:29 pm by drkpaladin »

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 05:23:55 am »

Guys, I suggest you take a look at "By the power of my Arena" by Haika, i am still doing this, but his seems quite alot cooler than mine, trust me. Anyway, updates coming soon.

*edit*
Ale and axes, harpies don't have a pet value ya' know :/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:28:49 am by RabbidHare »

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 05:51:52 am »

The wood clad badger was dropped into the arena, coming face to face with an elf holding a funny looking branch..
It thought... "what a nice branch I wonder if it would mind if I took I- ANT!"
Suddenly the Badger ran at the elf with terribl speed and verocity, as it reached the elf, the two combatents traded bows evenly, the badger giving a good ole' swipe to the elfs leg, sending him into a gay screaming fit, of course, an injury to the leg is nothing like a crushing sword shaped stick crushing your spine, as happened to the badger. Apparently, whoever made the badgers armor was a douche, or a Kobold, since it cracked soundly under Eli's wooden sword.
The crowd didnt even cheer.. It was the shortest.. most bloodless match seen so far....

Alright guys! The first "event" this arena has seen so far will be taking place before anymore battles!
It is.. !!ELVEN PROTEST!! The pansy elves are complaining about the harsh treatment to the animals, and are attacking the arena, their intent is to kill all arena participants, watchers, and crew. Even the animals living in the Colosseum must be culled so that their blood lust does not spread!
What does all this have to do with you? The arena master wants to arrange the teams together (who want to participate) to take on this elven menace!
Here are the rules...
The arena aster will pay 18 money for each elf head brought in. (it is brought in by the one who struck the killing blow) each participating team automatically gets 25 money simply for participating. It costs 15 to enter.
Dieing loses you 40 money, you CAN go into negatives. It does not affect your status in the arena.
We can have a minimum of 4 participating groups and a maximum of 8.
Start signing up!!

PARTICIPANTS!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:14:12 am by RabbidHare »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 08:05:49 am »

Ngokang HATES elves. He hates everyone else too, of course, but those elves are really getting in his face.
He bares his teeth in some sort of grin(Or grimace?) as the angry elves mass around the arena, and balls his fists.

I'll gladly pay 15 dwarf bucks to send my naked goblin to beat on some elves... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 06:35:17 pm »

Ale and axes, harpies don't have a pet value ya' know :/

They got pet value 30

[CREATURE:HARPY]
[DESCRIPTION:A monster in the shape of a woman with a bird's wings in place of arms and talons for feet.] [NAME:harpy:harpies:harpy]
[CASTE_NAME:harpy:harpies:harpy]
[CREATURE_TILE:'h']
[COLOR:6:0:0]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:10:20]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:2:3]
[PETVALUE:30]

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Harpy

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »

I suppose I'll sign up for some elf bashing. Hopefully I'll manage to make some money. Trying to save up for more expensive beasties.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 05:12:10 pm »

I'll cut off my own head for 18 urists!
Just kidding. Sign me up for some kinsmen-killing!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 12:58:59 am »

I'll sign my malnurished broken-spined badger up!  Or I'll come up with a replacement.

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 09:48:51 am »

*sigh* apparently I have exams on, this means I have very little time for this right now. When they are over, I will DEFINITELY continue this. sorry guys.
Pages: 1 [2]