Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: degrading refuse items  (Read 367 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
degrading refuse items
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:24:16 pm »

I've noticed a lot of the bones and other usable animal parts in my refuse stockpile have been disappearing. I was planning on saving them for when I get a good bone carver, but it would seem I need to use them more quickly than I used to. The refuse pile is outside. Is there a way to preserve the bones, hooves, horns, and shells for longer periods of time?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: degrading refuse items
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:28:53 pm »

Put your "useful refuse" (bones/shells/horns/skins/etc.) pile underground and your "useless refuse" (everything else, including rotting corpses) outside.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:31:53 pm »

Put your "useful refuse" (bones/shells/horns/skins/etc.) pile underground and your "useless refuse" (everything else, including rotting corpses) outside.

Thank you.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:38:36 pm »

I have noticed useful refuse items (skulls, bones) in underground stockpiles will also sometimes disappear.  It may be related to climate and how deep underground the stockpile is.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.