Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New Succession Mod Thread  (Read 6880 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: New Succession Mod Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2015, 12:18:23 pm »

Okay if anybody currently on the list at all is able to take their turn then post and take it now, if nobody's said anything by mid day tomorrow than I'll just take the next turn. As for when exactly that turn starts, it'll just be my next post, so if you see this and want to take a turn then post saying you are taking a turn, and then it will be your turn. There's been a lot of delays and I just want to get somebody modding soon.
Alright, I'll take it. I may end up ending it before the deadline, but I hope there is no problem in that.

Since there is an errorlog, I'll do some bugfixing before anything else. It's only 4 lines of errors (Putnam's megabeast has an unrecognized interaction token, and two items for the Mountain entity are unrecognized, probably a typo).

EDIT: Absolutely can't find ITEM_TOOL_SOAPBOX in the files, despite it being in the entity. Anyone has any idea where this is supposed to be, or if it even exists?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:28:36 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2015, 02:59:14 pm »

Okay if anybody currently on the list at all is able to take their turn then post and take it now, if nobody's said anything by mid day tomorrow than I'll just take the next turn. As for when exactly that turn starts, it'll just be my next post, so if you see this and want to take a turn then post saying you are taking a turn, and then it will be your turn. There's been a lot of delays and I just want to get somebody modding soon.
Alright, I'll take it. I may end up ending it before the deadline, but I hope there is no problem in that.

Since there is an errorlog, I'll do some bugfixing before anything else. It's only 4 lines of errors (Putnam's megabeast has an unrecognized interaction token, and two items for the Mountain entity are unrecognized, probably a typo).

EDIT: Absolutely can't find ITEM_TOOL_SOAPBOX in the files, despite it being in the entity. Anyone has any idea where this is supposed to be, or if it even exists?

oh! Sorry.

I was working on importable soap and I gave up.  I forgot to remove it. What's the other item?
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2015, 10:11:31 am »

oh! Sorry.

I was working on importable soap and I gave up.  I forgot to remove it. What's the other item?

[/quote]
ITEM_ARMOR_CUIRASS, but it was spelled ITEM_ARMOR_CURIASS instead.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2015, 10:45:47 am »

oh! Sorry.

ITEM_ARMOR_CUIRASS, but it was spelled ITEM_ARMOR_CURIASS instead.
[/quote]

ah. Thanks for fixin' that up.

Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2015, 07:39:34 pm »

This looks intriguing. Sign me up!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Lymia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 05:02:14 pm »

Eeep. I wasn't paying attention to the forums, and missed the PM for my turn. Let's get started on some modding. :D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 07:33:43 pm »

My internet is unstable right now. Will upload my (very few) changes when I am able.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2015, 02:14:36 pm »

Since I'm having trouble uploading, I decided to put the few efforts of my modding here. I've already described the few bugs I found, so they can easily be found. Just place the things below in any appropriate file, and add the toys/instruments to the civs I mention, plus any others you want.

Spoiler: megabeast (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: instruments and toys (click to show/hide)
Lute to MOUNTAIN, FOREST and PLAINS
Chess to MOUNTAIN and PLAINS
Checkers to MOUNTAIN and PLAINS

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2015, 05:39:26 pm »

So next up is NJW2000, Gwolfski, or Lymia. The whole order's been a bit confusing for a while so of those I'll just go with whoever posts first. Whoever it is that goes next, make sure you remember to implement Teneb's additions that weren't added to the main file due to uploading issues.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2015, 09:37:52 pm »

Hullo? Is this dead?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2015, 06:12:08 pm »

Hullo? Is this dead?
Maybe. If you want it to keep going, I could keep this up, but it was getting pretty difficult.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2015, 11:53:01 am »

Anyone gonna try a fort with this?

I need a project to get me back into DF, but have a bit on... anyone?
One wheel short of a wagon

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2015, 02:59:58 pm »

It's too bad the thing died, feels like it didn't really go very far.
If somebody wants to re-reclaim it, I'd be up for a turn (probably mostly spent tinkering with language files but I guess that's just my way)

It's a matter of course to take the succession mod and start a succession fort on it.
I am personally absolute ass at Fort Mode even after so many years so I'm not sure I'd be the right candidate for such.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2015, 06:28:12 pm »

I'm fine with whatever it is people want to go for. If we make a succession game then it might be best to go to a new thread in that subforum though.

Also, you made that mod? I've had that installed for years. Though not like, actively played years, just like, maybe three times a year for years. Years.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2015, 08:48:59 pm »

Also, you made that mod? I've had that installed for years. Though not like, actively played years, just like, maybe three times a year for years. Years.
Yup, that was me. I think I was posting it here pre-Workshop even. Who'd have figured the world of roguelikes is actually pretty tiny?  ;)

Dredmor phonemes were fun. They're split parts of words, so I could get away with using a lot of pop culture and nobody would ever know. I'm still surprised I never got yelled at by somebody who got the jackpot roll of "Pinkiepie" on an artifact or something.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]