Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Expanded Glazes Mod  (Read 18291 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded Glazes Mod
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 10:31:40 pm »

Interesting work, I will find diff program for windows just to use this mod.

Try the DF Mod Manager http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74828.0. It lets you edit, install and remove as many mods as you want.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2011, 03:16:04 am »

Interesting work, I will find diff program for windows just to use this mod.

Try the DF Mod Manager http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74828.0. It lets you edit, install and remove as many mods as you want.
Thanks!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2011, 10:23:28 am »

They're different colors than rust red is what I was getting at. I think you can get more than one color out of copper glazes too? It's no big deal though.

Yes, but the problem is that I'd have to use different reactions for each of those colors.  And right now, glazing takes up four different actual things that pop up (for glazing statues, pots, jugs, and crafts all separately), so I only have monochromatic, dichromatic, polychromatic, and ash glazing. 

If I wanted celadon, I'd have to add in special reactions just for iron glazing, and special reactions just for copper glazing, which would use the same labor, same materials, same workshop, and only the color of the resulting objects (and maybe the value) would be different. 

I don't really think that's worth it.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:38 am »

Possible glitch: In the embark menu, generic "stone" is showing up under powders. It goes away if I remove the mod.

Pretty sure it's not hurting anything, but it's a thing, anyway.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 01:38:37 pm »

Possible glitch: In the embark menu, generic "stone" is showing up under powders. It goes away if I remove the mod.

Pretty sure it's not hurting anything, but it's a thing, anyway.

Ah yes, I noticed this while playing, myself.

It's caused by how I changed all the inorganic others STATE_NAME to STATE_ADJ, and accidentally changed earthenware, stoneware, porcelain, and gypsum powder along with all the glazes.

It doesn't actually impact anything but the names, so you don't have to do anything but correct your raws, but I'll upload the fix.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4182
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:44:18 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 09:01:27 pm »

There are issues with the game giving the glazes "oval cabochon" cuts because it is a "stone", but I can't do anything about that, as it is hard-coded.  So for now, consider this updated to 34.01.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4182

EDIT: Actually, I just figured out a way to fix that, so there's a new version that gets around that problem.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:55:25 pm by NW_Kohaku »
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 01:27:45 pm »

Kohaku, how much micromanagement does this mod add?
By that I mean: what do I see when the game asks me to select a glaze? Do I only get those four options mentioned at the beginning of the OP, and the dwarf then chooses the specific glaze himself (which would be nice)? Or do I get the complete list of 15 glazes and have to choose from these?

Thanks
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:35 pm »

Kohaku, how much micromanagement does this mod add?
By that I mean: what do I see when the game asks me to select a glaze? Do I only get those four options mentioned at the beginning of the OP, and the dwarf then chooses the specific glaze himself (which would be nice)? Or do I get the complete list of 15 glazes and have to choose from these?

Thanks

You get four choices of what glaze types to use - Ash glaze, Monochromatic glaze (any non-ash glaze powder), Dichromatic glaze (requires one colored and one white), and Polychromatic glaze (requires one yellow, red, blue, and white glaze powder). 

You get four choices of what minerals to grind into glazes - anything that makes a glaze, "useless" stones only, non-critical minerals only, and ash bars.

You must have a jug to grind glazes, and, due to a problem in how the game searches for jugs, it must be water-tight, so you might need to make your first jugs from wood or something.

I would have liked to put in some more specific abilities to dictate what you glaze with, but I didn't want to flood the screen with more options than it already has.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »

Necroing to show my appreciation, and also to ask if it would be possible to create a reaction to glaze clay/stone bricks using reactions, and if so how that would be accomplished.  It seems like nice glazed bricks would be a good way to build some decently valuable constructions for those of us who like to build above-ground forts.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2015, 02:24:17 am »

should be very much doable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

didnt test it but should work just like any other glazing reaction.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2015, 10:53:11 am »

Why use separate reactions for each glaze-able item? I always use just one that takes any glaze-able item. Then you use stockpiles to restrict what you want to glaze.

A single reaction is much more flexible, as then you can glaze and stone or pottery item you want without needing loads of reactions.

BTW: I have a pottery system that makes pottery take a while to air dry (as in, you leave it sit for a while, you don't need dwarf involvement at all) before it can be fired, plus glazing can be done (without fuel) before firing (but after drying). This is really cool, as then you can get "dry earthenware" items glazed with "damp ash glaze" that is fired into an "earthenware" item glazed with "ash glaze". Sadly this requires DFHack. If you want to see it in action Rubble comes with the "User/DFHack/Pottery" and "User/DFHack/Pottery/Glaze" addons that implement the system. It would be easy to use the scripts without Rubble, but DFHack is a hard requirement.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2015, 06:24:08 pm »

Possibly so you can batch order through the manager. There have been mods that separate out milling for the same reason.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2015, 07:23:54 pm »

Out of curiosity though, what does the "any glazeable item" reaction look like?

Edit: Looking at the raws again, it just occurred to me. The ash glaze reactions call for ash glaze powder...
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:glaze:15:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:GLAZE_ASH]
[REAGENT:glaze container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:glaze][PRESERVE_REAGENT]

... but there doesn't appear to be a way to get ash glaze powder, and of course the game itself treats regular ash as bars.

Theoretically, replacing the reagent with [REAGENT:glaze:150:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE] should work, right?

Or, you could add [POWDER_MISC_CREATURE] to the raw for ash glaze and then another reaction to turn ashes into... powdered ashes, I guess.

[REACTION:MAKE_GLAZE_ASH]
[NAME:make glaze powder from ash]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_A]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:glaze:150:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE]
[REAGENT:jug:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:20:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:ASH_GLAZE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:jug]
[SKILL:MILLING]

edit: noticed when I actually tried to use it that I'd gotten the name wrong in the product, fixed now
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:40:30 pm by InsanityPrelude »
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2015, 12:04:49 pm »

The "any glaze able item" reaction basically replaces the specific reagent item with "NONE:NONE".

[REACTION:GLAZE_OBJECT]
[NAME:monochrome glaze clay/stone object]
[BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_O]
[REAGENT:glaze:30:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:GLAZE]
[REAGENT:glaze container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:glaze][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:object:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:CAN_GLAZE]
[EMPTY]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:object:GLAZED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:glaze:NONE]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:GLAZING]
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]