Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Noble in love with a dwarf who does not exist  (Read 7662 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Re: Noble in love with a dwarf who does not exist
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 06:41:22 pm »

AFAIK you cant make a dwarf unmarry another dwarf, via raw editing; as I recall they are hard coded to be monogamous for life.(vs animals that will spore with anything that enters the map)  Assuming that she's an immigrant its likely her husband died in world gen or didnt want to come and thats why you cant find his corpse anywhere.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 06:54:58 pm »

Agree with Tcei.  You can't edit relationships with the raws, once a lover/spouse is chosen, she will never pick another.  Runesmith might be able to change that, but it's memory hacking, not modifying the raws.  Don't let her die, without children you will never have a replacement for your baroness.

Off topic: Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake."

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 04:13:50 am »

In other words, this is the end of the dynasty.

If I can use Runsmith, I might be able to change spouse. This acts on the memory, but if I save the game, would it modify the RAW files?

I have found the corpse of the husband by the way.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:15:43 am by San_A333 »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 04:44:51 am »

Maybe her lover is at another fortress.
Yes, son. The great, great fortress in a land far, far away where no one is unhappy, and there is socks and cheese for everyone.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 10:07:09 am »

I actually have had Migrants come into my fortress who according to Legends their Wife/Husband is still alive but living in another place.
Pages: 1 [2]