Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Commercials  (Read 20523 times)

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Commercials
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 02:44:52 am »

Cacame's movie would pretty much be exactly like 300, but instead of him dying in the end, the world would be covered in magma..

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 06:20:01 am »

Cacame's movie would pretty much be exactly like 300, but instead of him dying in the end, the world would be covered in magma..
"This is madness, this is blasphemy, this is against the elven way!"

"Then I'M. NO. ELF!" *kick into brook*

Sploosh.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 07:00:49 am »

Meet the soapmaker:

"I have no idea why I keep making this stuff." <makes soap>
"It is not like we use it for anything."
<Looks out the window, sees a giant statue of a hand flipping the bird>
"Well, except for offending the local elves."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:50 am »

Meet the Miner: A section of the cavern has collapsed!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 10:01:51 am »

Meet the engraver:

"There's... a picture of cheese in my bedroom."
"Yup."
"There's also a picture of a dwarf's limbs being hacked off."
"Yup."
"I don't want to see that every night."
"But it's masterwork."
"Oh! That makes it OK."

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 10:16:00 am »

Meet the Mechanic

(setting: a busy statue garden, during a party)
Urist McMechanic: What's that sound? Oh! The alarms! There's an army at the gates!
Rovod McMayor: Calm down everybody, the military has been dispatched.
Urist: (not hearing Rovod) I better go activate the defenses.

(cut to outside)

Stozu McHammerlord: Look, they sent ten men to stop us. Their deaths will be quick but painful.
Stozu, Commander McAxelord (in unison): Charge!
(ominous rumble)
Stozu: What the hell is that?
Commander: Who the hell pulled the lever?
Snodub McMarksgob: Look, that floodgate's raised! And is that... lava?!
Stozu, Commander (in unison): Retreat!!! Run for your fucking lives!

(cut to control room)

Urist: I'm sure I'm forgetting something...
(cut to fort entrance, which is rapidly flooding with lava, back to control room)
Urist: It's probably not important.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 10:21:09 am »

Meet the siege engine operator.

*fwunk*
(cut to goblins)
*slice*
(cut to operator)
 :o "Did I just do that?"
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 11:02:40 am »

I must kidnap a team of animators and make these movies.

I've got the bandanas and an unmarked van, who wants to help me?
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 11:13:12 am »

*raises hand*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 02:11:14 pm »

Bah! Just build some cage traps in front of their front doors, you'll be fine.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »

Been thinking about this all day instead of teaching about 3 and 4 energy level lasers....

Commerical: The Life of Urist.

Black screen. Voice over: "Every world is full of stories..."

Fade into shot of dwarven sperm cell swimming towards dwarven ovum, fertilizing it.

Voice Over: "Stories of great deeds by legendary heroes"

Series of cuts to stages of dwarven fetus developing.

"Stories of strong kings and mighty nations"

Shot of fully grown fetus as waters break.

"Stories of greed, revenge, honor and love"

Cut away to birth scene - mother is working in forge, and has slight abdominal twinge. She gives a slight push, and the baby drops between her legs and lets forth a newborn scream. Mother looks dismissivly at the baby whilst finishing forging a bronze bar, then picks it up ("I shall call you Urist"). Mother walks out into typical dwarven corridor of rough stone. Camera pans down rough stone hallway, showing firstly a young woodcutter who examines the new baby strapped to Mumwith a sneer before carrying on his wood hauling job (thats Dad), and secondly to a young recruit (Tholtig) being inducted into a squad with some basic drill - he is being handed a wooden shield and wooden training axe by an old, corpulent and scarred drill sgt.

"This isnt that type of story"

Flash forward cut to Urists baby years. He is bawling while strapped to Mum who is heavily drunk and being propped up Dad - both are partying in the drinking hall, rammed full of partying Dwarves. Engravings of cheese, elves being stabbed, elephants on fire and dwarves being eaten by beasts line the walls which are visible in the background. Urist's Mum staggers away from the party to pacify her child in a quite dwarven way - she goes to her forge, and Urist calms down when he sees the product of her work - some steel bars, visible in the glint in his eyes as a reflection.

Flashforward cut to Urist's toddler years. Urist is playing hide and seek/chase with female friend (Mebsuth) in cavern, hiding behind fungitrees/caverny scenery. Urist loses sight of his pal and goes a-seeking... Urist passes a squad of Rookie axedwarves engaged in combat with a GCS, which has one screaming and bleeding recruit bitten in half in his mandibles white the others dodge legs, looking for an opening to attack. Tholtig is involved in the fight, and he can be seen blocking a spider attack and hacking his distinctive steel axe with ruby studs into a leg. Urist surveys the scene impassivley and carries on looking for Mebsuth, unmoved by such a normal scene of cavern activity.

Flashforward to Urist's child years. Urist is running with a group of children to a surface farm within a fortified wall. Lining the wall and by a gatehouse are some sleeping soldiers, with a few rookies vomiting in the sunlight. Tholtig and a few other veterans can be seen finding this quite funny. The walls by the gatehouse are spattered with blood. Urist and his pals run helpfully to a berry plot, and assist an old, weathered farmer in picking some plantsto haul back undergorund. In the background a sneaking goblin thief comes into veiw by the gatehouse... and steps on a previoulsy unseen trap, causing several serrated blades to spring into veiw, which make the unfortunate thief explode into a burst of gore and body parts. Urist looks over at this, apprently unmoved, as some scruffy looking dwarves rush over to pick through the dead thief's belongings.

Flashforward to Urist's teenager years. urist is on a date with a Mebsuth, at the statue garden/zoo. Statues of mad things (dwarves terrified of monkeys, humans having legs ripped off, and cages of gorlaks etc) pass by as they stroll hand in hand. A naked lunatic runs by babbling, but they pay no notice. Squad of verteran looking (eye patches, scars, odd missing limb) axedwarves rush past the doorway, but Tholtig stops and yells to Urist - there are goblins aboveground, and Urists father is out woodcutting. Camera pans to follow them to exterior shot, where some distance from the fort Urists dad is cutting down some mighty oak. Sneaking unseen through the undergrowth is a small squad of bowgoblins, the leader of which looses one arrow through the woodcutters midsection. He slumps to his knees, bleeding from wound and mouth, as the axedwarves burst on the scene, killing with brutal efficiency. We see Tholtig remove the head of the goblin leader, and he sptis into it. Urist arrives as a run to find dead gobbs all around, limbs in trees etc, and his dead dad circled by the axedwarves. Urist removes a sock from his fathers body and returns towards the fortress, clutching the sock.

Flashworward to young adult. Urist is working as a miner in a deep shaft. Close up to show his face as he works - dirty brow, sweaty beard. One swing of the pick, then he hesitates as we see a special blue reflection illuminate his face. Urist drops his pick and runs back up to the fort screaming in joy past groups of idle dwarves, yelling into the bustling drinking hall, and running along corridors showing workshops engaged in typical scences - gem worker adding spikes to loincloths, butcher selcting a cat from a bin of hundreds of kittens, animal trainer cramming another dog into a cage already containing hundreds - all stop as they hear Urist's news. He runs towards a noblemans well appointed room (engravings of usual random vilonce, statues, troll in cage, platinum furniture) where the fat Baron (Sarvesh) in purple robes is in heated discussion with an Elf. Urist bursts in, ignoring the protestations of Tholtig who was on gaurd at the door. Urist interrupts the meeting in progress, pushing elf out of way to inform Baron Sankis of his discovery. Baron Sankis is joyful, sheds a tear onto a parchment on his desk and embraces Urist, who is paraded aloft by dorfs to a massive party in the great hall.

Flashforward to older adult. Urist is on break in his spartan quarters, with his wife Mebsuth (cradling thier baby child) . Suddenly, a huge demonic noise fills air. Urist rushes to the great hall along with dozens of other dwarves, where Baron Sankis, visibly panicing, is shouting to the assembled masses  about "mining accident" in bluemeal vein... military veterans in bluemtal gear start handing out worn eqpt and rushing all able bodied males to the fray. Tholtig hands urist a worn looking bone corssbow, a dented copper helm and a wooden shield. Dorfs all around including Urist embrace loved ones as they are ushered to fight. Pan way to number of huge demons emerging from a main access staircase, destroying architecture, flinging fighters around, biting, smashing etc as dorfs hack away at limbs, and others firing bolts in great clouds at thier heads.  Zoom in to a terrified Urist (who is part of a squad of dwarves in a box formation) taking shelter behind shield and taking potshots with bone crossbow. Pan out as large demon that was the focus of Urist's squad attention succumbs to injuries and noise dies away. Scences of devestation are all around - smashed workshops, corpses etc. Urist and 3 survivors in various states of wounding/sanity survey the scene, and turn to go back to hall where women children were. There is a towering and smouldering dead demon in hall, and bodies all around, and a few dwarves maddened by what they have seen curled up fetal babbling nonsence... but Urist finds his wife and child unharmed. They embrace. The small band of survivors assemble around Urist, looking to him for leadership. He drops his military gear, turns a table to stand back upright, pulls out a flask, and sits to drink in amongst the devastation.

Voice over: "Not all stories have happy endings"

Fade to black. Caption: Dwarf Fortress. Availiable 30th Feb 20X6. Losing has never been so much fun.
This is a blank sig.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2011, 02:57:41 pm »

[camera is behind the head of a bronze colossus, as it towers over the forest, walking towards a fortified castle]

History is filled with stories of the underdogs defeating the oppressors, of davids beating goliaths...

[Camera cuts to a dwarf chopping down a tree, then stopping, stunned, and staring up toward the colossus passing by]

Of the brave overcoming impossible odds, heroes, villains, and monsters.

[camera shows dwarves setting some cables in the forest floor, ramparts in the background]

This...

[seconds later, the cables are sprung and a giant cage erects itself around the colossus, he is unable to move]

Is not one of those stories.

[camera fades to show the silhouette of a solitary dwarf carrying the fifty foot cage above his head, through the forest]

No. This...

[camera fades again, now showing a Colosseum, a door opens, the colossus walks out, another door opens, a shaggy dwarf wielding a wooden sword and wearing purple robes and a fancy hat walks into the light, the light then gets blocked out by the colossus]

is the story....

[camera then shows a ticket booth, its sign reading "Mayor vs. the Colossus! tickets: 2 copper", the booth operator is smiling and handing out tickets]

of how we turned a profit from that.

[ticket booth operator then smiles very bright, looks straight into the camera, and then pulls the lever on the wall of his booth, the camera instantly cuts to the DWARF FORTRESS titles: coming this season]

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 03:06:18 pm »

Awesome story MonkeyHead. See a lot of good ideas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:49 pm »

DF may never cost a penny but it'll devour your soul.

And that'll be the slogan...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2011, 05:44:00 pm »

no love for One Dwarf Against the World?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6