Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assigning squad-wide tasks?  (Read 710 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assigning squad-wide tasks?
« on: April 11, 2011, 06:20:51 pm »

Currently my Geek Squad (the Pr0 Hacker Dudes) is of 3 people, but I'm going to raise it to 6 once I kidnap enough Programmers and Engineers, but that's not the point.

I'm wondering how you assign a task to a whole squad, I.E, tell my entire hacker squad to harass websites. I think it can be done, since the squad is listed as "Acting Individually."

Thanks in advance  :)

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning squad-wide tasks?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:42:19 pm »

I'm not sure if what you want to do is possible, but you can assign jobs in bulk by pressing Z in the "Activate Liberals" menu.
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:43:20 pm »

That doesn't really help, since credit card fraud is not available on that list.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »

If computer is their highest skill, it should automatically set them to do credit card fraud when you select Illegal Fundraising
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:23:11 pm »

Except the auto select feature doesn't actually work :P

It sets them to what they originally had the highest, not what they currently do (at least thats what it seems like to me)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 04:34:19 am »

It's probably using a simple system where "If skill A is above X points, raise money with that. Else if skill B is above Y points, raise money with that. Else if..."

That way, because they have sufficient skill to raise money with the higher priority task, they'll never do anything else, even if they're REALLY good at that other task.

There isn't currently any way to set squad-wide tasks; the "acting individually" marker is a generic label for any time the squad is doing activities other than travelling to a location.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 04:22:55 am »

Do they still automatically assign themselves to tasks that LOSE money? (shirt and art selling, i'm looking at YOU)

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 05:44:20 am »

As of the latest version, the only task costing money is making clothing. So, no.