Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you come on July 16?

I'm coming on July 16!  BY MYSELF!  (I'm not green, but it's still a valid lifestyle!)
- 25 (7.6%)
Maybe next time!
- 288 (87%)
I'm bringing myself and 1 person who hasn't voted!
- 4 (1.2%)
I'm bringing myself and 2 people who haven't voted!
- 3 (0.9%)
I'm bringing myself and 3 people who haven't voted!
- 0 (0%)
I'm bringing myself and 4 people who haven't voted!
- 0 (0%)
I'm bringing myself and 5 people who haven't voted!
- 0 (0%)
I'm doing the unthinkable and bringing a busload of people and I'll be contacting Rainseeker!
- 11 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 327

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: West Coast Dwarf Fortress 2011 Meetup! FINAL PLANS! (Hopefully)  (Read 124763 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Yes!  That menaces with spikes of leather!  It would be glorious!

And now the next DFTalk will contain 10 minutes of rage at the end with the Capn yelling at me for calling him short.  Just watch.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update

It would be the height of meta-comedy.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile

The lack of alcohol makes this a hell no maybe next time

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile

Well, Toady looks basically exactly as I had imagined him.  Everyone else meanwhile looks exactly like me.  Come on guys, can't we manage at least a little genetic diversity?  Maybe a hair colour other than brown?  It's like we were all cloned in a vat then released into the wild, and Dwarf Fortress is the secret signal the researchers use to call us back in so we can be studied.
Blonde, broad-shouldered, slightly overweight 5'10, shuns t-shirts and hasn't worn jeans in 10 years... am I the free radical in the experiment? Or is this only people that actually were able to come?
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile

Next time, meet up in ottawa.  8)

+1 for Ottawa!  ;)
Make that another +1 from me.

That's three votes for Ottawa so far. If we get a couple more, we could have our own mini-meet.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account

Well, Toady looks basically exactly as I had imagined him.  Everyone else meanwhile looks exactly like me.  Come on guys, can't we manage at least a little genetic diversity?  Maybe a hair colour other than brown?  It's like we were all cloned in a vat then released into the wild, and Dwarf Fortress is the secret signal the researchers use to call us back in so we can be studied.
o_O
My hair is brown too...
ZOMG IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update

To be accurate, my hair is extra-dirty blond.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Wish I could've made it, it'd be cool to meet Tarn in person.

I think I would have stood out a bit in the pictures. Bit over 6'6" with a long red beard. My hair is brown too, though - so no difference there. Shades of brown are a pretty common hair color though.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]