Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Dream-Worlds RTD: Turn 20: I think this is twenty anyway.  (Read 19960 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dream-Worlds RTD: Turn 20: I think this is twenty anyway.
« on: April 13, 2011, 02:05:13 pm »

Now, I love RtDs, but some settings I like more than others. Wouldn't you love to decide what world/place you're in? I would. And now, you can! Sign up, and select the settings from below. Things depend on each other, so for now I will only let you pick the time period. Roll system only has 1 and 2 for fails, no overshoots.For combat rolls, I roll a die based on the number you have for that stat, and then subtract it against the opponents roll of the defending stat, and then the outcome happens in battle. Five people will be allowed to sign up because that's a lot of people to account for and I can't do six.
Time periods/setting:
Middle Ages
1920's United States (New England options available)
1950's United States
Future Tech (okay)
Future Tech (Mad world)
Fantasy world (you know, run of the mill crap)
Random option (stuff I kludge together that gets crazy)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:34:02 pm by blackmagechill »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Build your own RTD!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 02:15:18 pm »

Signing up and voting for the Random Option. It sounds interesting.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 02:16:28 pm »

In, Voting for random.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 02:19:13 pm »

In, random.org.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:14:15 pm »

In, and I vote RANDOM

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »

Spoiler: races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: classes (click to show/hide)
Now, write your backgrounds and stuff. Make your own city names, I can't remember what the damned keets told me before I woke up.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:02:17 pm by blackmagechill »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 04:29:44 pm »

Dibs on a keet mind melter!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 04:37:23 pm »

I'm calling Floral Juggernaut. (I don't see a description but I'm going to assume it's similar to the Marvel Juggernaut, aka high defense/power and brawling)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:13 pm »

... Bitch!

Scnr.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 04:43:38 pm »

I will be a mutant Invader

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »

Dweller engineer of the wastes.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 04:46:39 pm »

Now, post back stories, traits, names mutations, ect. ect. . This campaign is different, mostly because I didn't expect anyone to choose it...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 05:13:56 pm »

Name: Dracaena
Appearance: A giant humanoid, standing eight feet and a metric ton, termed male despite an androgynous appearance. His skin, a pale beige running with red, brown and orange veins, is hard like petrified wood, with several small knotholes in his forearms and lower legs. He is oddly proportioned in that his head, fists and feet are somewhat larger than they should be; all the better for smashing people with. His hair is a series of thin vines, red in color, and his eyes are dark brown.

TRAITS
Positive Traits
1. Vines: Dracaena can extend vines of varying length and width from the holes in his arms and legs. These have varying uses, such as entangling prey or burrowing into the earth to reach valuable nutrients. They can regenerate and are strong, but not as strong as he is.
2. Petrified Skin: A result of his tribe living in volcanic wastes and regularly absorbing water with a high content of calcium, magnesium, manganese, other metal salts, and citric acid. His skin is much harder than other Florals and impervious to fire.
3. Dense: Dracaena is very powerful, even for a Floral. His physical blows do great damage to whatever they hit due to having a very dense body, thus the weight.

Negative Traits
1: Slow Reactions: As a result of being a tree and furthermore being petrified, Dracaena doesn't move quickly. Oh, he can cover great distances fairly fast due to a long gait, but his acceleration is far from swift, and he has a hard time reacting to immediate dangers.

Backstory: Dracaena is an outcast from his tribe in the western wastes. He doesn't feel himself to be a warrior despite his having evolved towards that fate, and voluntarily exiled himself to the Wastes of Kegerish to cut ties with them. He also discarded his tribe name in the process and goes only by the name he chose for himself.

--------------

If you want me to change anything let me know. :3
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:13:42 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 05:24:39 pm »

Name: Taric.
Appearance: Whatever a dweller looks like...

TRAITS
Positive Traits
1. Quick learner: Taric absorbs information very quickly, Gaining experience at a faster rate.

2. Engineer: Taric is used to working with unfamiliar equipment and has thus learned to think abstractly when dealing with artifacts.

3. Resourceful: Taric had to go without proper nurtition or sleep for long periods of time, and has learnt to adapt to these situations without too much difficulty.

Negative Traits
1: Weak: Starving oneself never goes well for one' body, so Taric is more vulnerable to physical attacks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:53:29 pm by Taricus »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 06:05:26 pm »

I added some things to the classes because I forgot some of them. I have to apologize, I'm pretty sick right now and probably shouldn't have started an RtD, but I was bored, and this seems like it'll be interesting to flesh out the rest of this and see if i can remember more of the dream.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17