Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Weather Thread  (Read 12633 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2019, 08:20:25 pm »

I thought I was seeing archived news somehow poked back into view by some form of mass reader interest, but it seems that Saddleworth Moor fire: Crews tackle huge blaze and Firefighters tackle Arthur's Seat blaze mean this this strange winter weather is at least complicit in such unseasonal emergencies.

(An hour or two ago I came home back across the fields and scrubland, well past sunset. I could feel 'blasts' of warm air as I passed between small trees that were obviously stilling the air between them. On a cold morning they'd produce a fog-trap, but after a warm day like this they were obviously holding still air being warmed by the ground and being held stable under a mini-inversion. Like you can sometimes feel which individual cars in a car-park have just arrived, compared to those there for a while, by the residual radiating heat coming off their bonnets(/hoods). Anyway, I was passing through distinctly warm spots, compared to the 'ordinary' night-time air (still 'shirt sleeves' pleasant!). Tangibly intruiging.)

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Thread
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2019, 10:25:45 am »

I didnīt know this thread exists, neat.

I am not really able to check the rest of Europe, but my country is having an exceptionally warm start of spring.
The temperature hit a new historical record for February of 28th, 20.2°C in Hurbanovo, Slovakia.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]