Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: The Horror Thread  (Read 36007 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Horror Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2017, 08:29:11 am »

LW understands horror.  When things are explained, it's ruined.

Your post made me think about how excellent It Follows was.  I feel like watching it again.
And it's got a killer soundtrack

It's a shame LW seems to spend a lot of his time talking politics because I could listen to him discuss horror (or at least just break down Ito if nothing else) for awhile longer. :/
Politics is horror.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2017, 08:38:17 am »

I suppose it can be, but it's infinitely less interesting to me. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2017, 09:00:29 am »

I suppose it can be, but it's infinitely less interesting to me. :P
What about political horror

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2017, 09:03:18 am »

OH look a thing to watch I shall do so
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #244 on: November 06, 2017, 01:19:20 am »

The first "trashcan scene" in Stranger Things season 2.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 06, 2017, 09:15:41 am »

Best horror movie ever made: The thing (80's version)

I really like the movie because the people in it don't act like complete idiots (very common in horror) and the threat is corporeal yet still absolute terrifying. And it is of course just an awesome movie.

I always felt that unbeatable ghosts are a bit cheap.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2018, 03:43:38 pm »

So currently writing my dissertation on Lovecraft horror, when I thought back to the comparisons to Junjo Ito. While I still lack the time to write up these musings, I found something cute. Junjo Ito drew a Lovecraft
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lovecraft's mother would frequently tell him that he had all the bodily features of a degenerate, and convinced him to wear his dead father's clothes after his father died when he was 13. Alan Moore & Robert M. Price posited that the tall, gaunt, beastly and pale bookish spawn of Yog-Sohoth Wilbur is a parody of Lovecraft himself. He looks so comfy in that picture, but his expression as always indicates profound hatred for most life. Yet that is part of why people luv im

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2018, 03:56:45 pm »

I wrote in the terrified thread that I finished Uzumaki in one sitting, I'm glad to hear more stuff about Ito. And the idea of Lovecraft as a Lovecraftian creature just tickles all my fancies.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2018, 07:18:21 pm »

I skimmed over the thread since apparently it's been 7 years since I posted here. I saw SCP mentioned once or twice but only as a one-off reference... Does anyone here actually read it anymore? I've been desperate for earnest discussion about the SCP-verse but can't find anyone (including their own communities) that actually wants to talk about it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2018, 11:06:40 am »

I skimmed over the thread since apparently it's been 7 years since I posted here. I saw SCP mentioned once or twice but only as a one-off reference... Does anyone here actually read it anymore? I've been desperate for earnest discussion about the SCP-verse but can't find anyone (including their own communities) that actually wants to talk about it.
We've had a few threads about SCP but it died when the SCP lads killed their own site. But I've been killing my sides with the Bedbanana & Criken SCP diaries

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2018, 01:28:06 pm »

SCP lads killed their own site

Explain? There's still new stuff being posted...

also, check out this guy's Confinement series. It's mroe comedy than horror, but the special anthology nails some of my favorite SCP's.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2018, 01:54:41 pm »

Explain? There's still new stuff being posted...

also, check out this guy's Confinement series. It's mroe comedy than horror, but the special anthology nails some of my favorite SCP's.
Zombies are animated, lifeless corpses

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2018, 02:33:32 pm »

I regret asking the question, forget it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2018, 06:14:52 pm »

I never read more than a couple dozen SCPs... but you got me thinking about it again and I had a fun thought. 

SCP 96 would make for a really intense murder mystery.  Say somebody who understands what SCP 96 is gets their hands on a photograph or visual recording without looking at it themselves.  That would be like the ultimate murder weapon.  Someone who's smart could study their target to find out when they can be caught alone or trick them into such, and arrange for them to encounter the photo at that time.  SCP 96 arrives and leaves no trace of the target.  Now imagine a story (one where the SCP foundation themselves are not involved) where somebody's hired to figured out what the hell is going on, and actually manages to figure it out and stop the suspect without getting themselves killed by the creature.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2018, 06:25:14 pm »

SCP had a real nadir there a couple years ago, but after the Canon Hub got started I feel the site took on some new life. Once the Antimemetic Series was posted I was pretty much back with it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20