Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 385

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 454808 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #4755 on: February 03, 2018, 07:26:13 pm »

Birth of a New Model is kinda... different from earlier works of Perturbator. I feel like maybe a bit of trap influence slipped in there? It's good, in it's own way, but very different from, say, Uncanny Valley or Dangerous Days.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: February 03, 2018, 07:56:08 pm »

Yeah, it is.  But it's my favorite.  And it's not completely departed from the genre.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:41 pm »

I, too enjoy the occasional bit of Synthwave.
Here is my contribution: Le Matos - Join Us.
Some trance elements in there, too... if that's not your cup of tea some of their other stuff, such as their brilliant soundtrack to the (also brilliant) film Turbo Kid, is more straight-up synthwave.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: February 04, 2018, 09:43:48 am »

90s industrial band, Cop Shoot Cop. Great lyrics to this song (probably should add a *trigger warning* here though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcwD24WdPU

Late for work again today
Somebody's lying down on the job again
Will you people please stop jumping under my train?
Ladies and gentlemen, there will be a slight delay
While we hose the blood away

Great verse to open your album with.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:51:17 am by Reelya »

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: February 04, 2018, 09:08:47 pm »

Beach house - Space song

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: February 05, 2018, 06:17:57 am »

90s industrial band, Cop Shoot Cop. Great lyrics to this song (probably should add a *trigger warning* here though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcwD24WdPU
Interesting! Industrial music usually bores me to tears, but this was at least somewhat entertaining.
Not sure if the music would hold my attention for long, though. Alas.

Beach house - Space song
My goodness. I love this! Not what I expected, I don't think.
Really tugs at the heartstrings... seems like the perfect song for those moments when you've missed the last train and are left stranded somewhere waiting for the first one, drunk but not nearly enough to block out the loneliness of the city surrounding you and with nothing to do but observe your surroundings and agonizingly ponder your life choices.
I really need to get a new mp3 player, not least so that I can have this track loaded on there for such occasions. Thanks for the recommend! :)

As for me, I just stumbled across this at the tail-end of a lengthy Youtube binge: Arlo McKinley - Bag of Pills.
So lovely it hurts. Pretty great discovery, this is the kind of music that gets me wanting to throw money at the screen, even if all I can get is a CD. Gonna be listening to this fella's whole discography (and that of his band, not featured in that video) for quite some time, I reckon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: February 06, 2018, 11:39:36 pm »

The theme tune from the movie Deadman

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: February 14, 2018, 11:10:29 pm »

Remember when I mentioned Japanese punk being one of the stranger things in my library?

Bleach03 is mainly what I was referring to.

Their style is so chaotic and messy... but in this perfect way I can't explain.  And always with a steady forward rhythm that keeps me tapping with it.  The girls are just fucking badass, and hilarious at the same time with their odd combination of super aggressive yet (without understanding any lyrics) usually sounding more playful than serious.  Also shows through in their absolutely ridiculous titles (ex. The Head That Controls Both Right And Left Sides Eats Meats And Slobbers Even Today).

Sad they didn't get bigger, if only to make their stuff easier to find.  They were successful enough to put out a few albums and do a small tour in the U.S.... but even checking now, only a couple of their albums have U.S. releases.  There's way more live recordings of them on youtube than last I checked a few years ago, but they're almost all from the same handful of performances, crappy quality, and not a single good quality recording of any of my favorite songs.

Looks like they had a reunion show a couple years ago.  Good quality recording and they got a couple of the songs I know and like in there.  Unfortunately, it seems their vocals have changed over time and the sound is mixed such that they're drowned out pretty bad on top of that.

It's entertaining as hell to watch the bassist practically eat her microphone while screaming herself hoarse with crazy eyes.

Was reminded and felt like sharing, because I came across some stuff of theirs in my library that I don't remember downloading and haven't listened to.  Probably because they're lower quality files I never sorted into the main quality-controlled section of my library.  Spent a good chunk of my night listening and cackling madly to myself over their antics.  Until now, I've only listened to their self-titled album.  Picked it up during a phase where I was just downloading tons of random crap.  Listened to the first track, and was hooked.  Had never heard anything like it before.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:13:48 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: February 16, 2018, 07:08:35 pm »

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #4765 on: February 20, 2018, 04:53:55 am »

After playing through the entirety of the 3rd path of Fire Emblem Fates, I find myself lost in thoughts.
And by God does Amanda Lee have such an amazing voice.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: February 20, 2018, 05:34:55 am »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: February 21, 2018, 05:24:28 pm »

Have a nice life-The big gloom

It's not super often that a song title so perfectly matches and describes the song itself
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: February 27, 2018, 05:49:51 pm »

Great. Staying Alive is on the radio at work this morning.
I'll be hearing that bassline all day, now... heck, probably for the rest of the week.
Booze is Life for Yoink

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: February 27, 2018, 07:47:06 pm »

heat of the moment by asia is stuck in my goddamn head after a streamer had someone song request it.

rise and shine, urist!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 385