Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 385

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 454252 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #4906 on: September 25, 2018, 03:51:58 pm »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: September 25, 2018, 04:29:03 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #4908 on: September 26, 2018, 02:14:27 pm »

Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: September 29, 2018, 01:04:41 am »

Stayed up annoyingly late last night due to discovering a bunch of wonderful new music at an inopportune moment, so I'll let you guys share my fate.
The first three tracks here are said new discoveries, the rest have been favourites of mine for a while.

Don't Know That I Care (If She Thinks About Me). Haven't had the chance to see this guy live yet, but this track is excellent!

New Ways To Fail. Found these guys from the Bandcamp recommendations on the last song! Whoa, nice! Be warned, though, the frontwoman's voice is very, uh, country. If you're some kind of nerd who doesn't like that sort of thing. Though, most of the reviews I've seen on BC are from people who hasten to say shit like "I'm not n-normally into country I swear" and such, so what would I know?

When I Held the Cards. Found this dude the same way. Apparently he has a freaking huge discography to work through, yet I'd somehow never heard of him before! That was a good music haul indeed.

The Ballad of Probably Not. Song starts 54 seconds into the video. The whole album the song is from is great, but this minimalistic, live version is just irresistible. Definitely need to listen to these fellas more.

You Don't Care Enough For Me To Cry. I might have posted about this guy in here before, actually, but I'm pretty sure it was a different video... oh well, listen to this either way. Again, the whole album is excellent, and again I've only just started listening to his studio records in the past couple of days. So many good songs of his on Youtube.

Never Learn. These guys are a mixed bag for me, a lot of their songs bore me but there's the occasional tune - such as this one - which tickles my fancy very muchly.

Pancho and Lefty. I've actually only begun listening to Townes Van Zandt recently. Prior to that he was just one of those legendary, often-covered names I never really bothered looking into. Once you find recordings of him that do his songs justice, though... wow.

...And now for something completely different: Peach Dream. Lovely.
I think this style of music is described as... uh... indie-pop/electronic or something? Heck if I know but it is so chill, with just the right amount of soulfulness. ^-^   

...and the band played Waltzing Matilda...
Pretty much any version of that song is wonderful. Never fails to get the feels a-flowin'.
Honestly not sure which version was the first I heard... I've always loved the song, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: October 02, 2018, 02:13:58 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8pptpmkHXg

The dude's name is Pogo, and what he does is sample from movies and TV shows and builds tracks off of them.

This was made from The Shining, and it's dark and creepy and techno-y and catchy. Love it.

For something a little more light hearted you can check out his Picard and Data video.

And if you want to see something totally original (that features a lot of his highly expressive face), check out Wizard of Meh.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: October 03, 2018, 07:03:57 am »

Just in here to say - Toccata, by Sky.  Just brilliant, and the drummer's expression at 3:08 is wonderful.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: October 04, 2018, 12:14:32 pm »

Someone linked Dagothwave in the WTF thread, turns out the dude has an entire soundcloud dedicated to dank mixes of elder scrolls stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: October 04, 2018, 02:16:48 pm »

Someone linked Dagothwave in the WTF thread, turns out the dude has an entire soundcloud dedicated to dank mixes of elder scrolls stuff.

Yeah, I think that was me. youngscrolls is just fucking brilliant. Not only does he do great songs and lyrics based off just samples, he actually understands musical genres and can do rap, synthwave, all sorts of shit. Love that guy.

Personally I think Cloud District is still my fav, but they're all pretty good.

edit

It wasn't me, most currently. Pretty sure I linked Dagothwave a couple months ago in the WTF thread though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:49:14 am by nenjin »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: October 06, 2018, 04:58:45 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk5Dwg5zm2U

weezer's blessing the rains down in africa with weird al. so legit.

jesus i love the 80s. i was a early 90's kid, so alot of this stuff still played on the radio out in the country ass suburbs i lived in as a kid. weezer making this cover is so satisfying as its a great blend of 80s classic with weezer sound.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: October 07, 2018, 09:38:38 pm »

Seeing Weird Al play something "straight" (at least at first) was so good.  Thank you for that!  I love the song anyway, and I *really* love Weird Al since childhood, and I hadn't seen that before.

A friend of mine was anxious about stuff, so our group shared anxious-music.  His anxiety.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: October 09, 2018, 05:47:14 pm »

That was Xykon's pick.  Vaarsuvius picked Massive Attack, not Teardrop but still good.

I picked the climax of Halo 3 because I literally worship Bungie.  And Durandal is their prophet :P

But what I actually wanted to say... For Toto: Africa...  I always thought it was "There's nothing that I wouldn't give or thing I wouldn't do".  I was wrong, but I prefer my version.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:43:39 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: October 09, 2018, 06:41:42 pm »

Double- er, triple post.  Meant to edit.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: October 09, 2018, 09:17:22 pm »

I've discovered We Are Number One remixes.

Utterly hilarious.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 385