Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 385

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 449294 times)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #5475 on: December 29, 2020, 03:47:10 pm »

Nice to see you like it... I loved that whole King Crimson album since I was a kid in the 80's.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: December 31, 2020, 12:48:56 am »

I remember 2015 when this was funny.  The Super Energy Apocalypse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NArAZ5reQu0
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: December 31, 2020, 05:27:23 pm »

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: January 01, 2021, 10:11:26 pm »

Accordion

I just learned MF died on the 31st, damn tragic that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: January 03, 2021, 06:33:08 am »

I dunno if this describes anyone else, but you know how you hear something and you just cannot. Let. It. Rest. Until you track it down? Just had that moment playing CP2077.

Hear song come on the Chill electronica station.

Immediately pull car over and listen to the whole track, vibing. (Cause I'm, ya know, responsible.)

Track gets over, pause game, alt-tab, head to Youtube expecting to find it in minutes.

Spend the next HOUR tracking it down. (It's mentioned somewhere on some soundtrack list of the 137! some-odd music tracks in the game, but is not included in the game soundtrack I have on my hard drive.) Am about to give up several times but I listen to the track again and am compelled to keep sleuthing.

I'm down to pretty much random untitled videos at this point, when I finally, blissfully get lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4DDKlFMwm0

The sense of relief is palpable. I'm weird like that when it comes to music. When something hits right, it's like, gotta have that on tap.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:36:21 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: January 04, 2021, 02:42:31 am »

I found a demo. Visually, it's very much a product of its time, being made in 1987. Musically though... it holds up really goddamn well, despite not making use of the SID chip's filters, hard sync, nor ring modulation (at least from what I can hear). No combined waveforms either, it's all just pulse waves and noise. It's moving, it's moody, it's powerful... how could it have been done this early on? I expected this to be a tune from the 2000s or later, but no, it was made while the C64 was still being sold. I've chosen to link an oscilloscope visualization instead of the original demo; the visuals aren't very interesting. It's just scrolling text over a picture.

Think Twice III (C64) by The Judges (composed by Jeroen Kimmel) (CSDb)

This one's pretty good, and it's made by another Jeroen, arguably a more famous one. No visuals; this is purely a music track. It does, however, turn out that oscilloscope visualizations are often the highest-quality versions of a song (with the caveat that it's almost always emulated, not real hardware) if available, so I've decided to link that here.

Alternative Fuel (C64) by Jeroen Tel (CSDb)

Another one by lft. I've sorta slept on this one, thinking it's too simple, but something clicked in me and made me realize that it's actually quite good. That's a single microcontroller doing all the work, BTW. No helper chips; all video and audio is done on the chip itself.

Craft (ATmega88) by lft (Pouet.net)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: January 09, 2021, 06:58:26 pm »

This is quite nice :3
Due to unexpected circumstances I can actually continue playing 2077 soon, looking forward to it kinda!  Particularly hearing this.  And even if it is on controller (I'm bad with controllers, don't @me or hate)

I've got another Leslie Fish song, from Firestorm - an album generally about the fall of civilization as we know it.  But this song is pretty cheerful, a nice Autumn ritual in the future!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: January 17, 2021, 09:33:06 am »

MF Doom x Tatsuro Yamashita

A super unexpected crossover that works pretty well. Also still kinda riding that MF wave from a few weeks back, dude was  entirely too productive considering the amount of work he's put out over the years.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: January 17, 2021, 09:39:39 am »

I've got another Leslie Fish song, from Firestorm - an album generally about the fall of civilization as we know it.  But this song is pretty cheerful, a nice Autumn ritual in the future!
Thought that name sounded familiar! That's the friggin' weird fash/fash adjacent one that's one of those examples of a musician with stuff that comes off as pretty at odds with their actual beliefs.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: January 17, 2021, 05:12:11 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogVAHlUKME Pretty good Star Control 2 remix

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: January 17, 2021, 08:16:22 pm »

Thought that name sounded familiar! That's the friggin' weird fash/fash adjacent one that's one of those examples of a musician with stuff that comes off as pretty at odds with their actual beliefs.
Can you tell me more about this?  I have been a fan of Leslie Fish for many years.  If she is fascist, I want to know about it.
But if she is, I hazard to say that her body of work has helped people towards caring about each other.
Not my favorite, but that is a high bar.  Well done.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtH9Zs51Hyk
But the remix of Hyperspace was also good.  Wasn't the above, but both are good.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:18:28 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: January 17, 2021, 08:46:56 pm »

Yeah, check PM. Short form is from what I've seen talk of, they started out some variety of libertarian earlier in their career and went down the rightwing media rabbit hole afterwards. Disappoints a lot of people, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: January 18, 2021, 07:14:02 pm »

Can you tell me more about this?  I have been a fan of Leslie Fish for many years.  If she is fascist, I want to know about it.
But if she is, I hazard to say that her body of work has helped people towards caring about each other.
Not my favorite, but that is a high bar.  Well done.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtH9Zs51Hyk
But the remix of Hyperspace was also good.  Wasn't the above, but both are good.

Yeahh it's pretty rare for a remix to surpass the original!
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 385