Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gnome mod  (Read 7832 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Gnome mod
« on: April 17, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »

i just want to ask because im making a mod that adds gnomes and a few new weapons any ideas what i should add  to it.
heres the link
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4223

all suggestions welcome

"cough" "cough" im alive!  this mod is not dead! im working all week on this mod so new features and bug fixes are coming!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:45:12 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

swampwater

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
Re: Gnome mod
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:21:59 pm »

I haven't checked out your raws yet but I had to do a fair amount of tweaking to get my gnomes to survive through worldgen- one megabeast can take out a gnome hall in their sleep, which sounds about right. I didn't want to make them too strong or ungnomely so I decided to make them breed like bunnies to compensate. Other things I tried to make them unique were a few gnome-only toys and bringing - I believe I started off with the gnomes from the Dwarf Chocolate mod but ended up tweaking it in pretty much every way... I'm interested to see what you come up with though, especially if you're making them playable in fortress mode.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »

Thanks there still some tweaking and stuff to be added to be done but in my games they slaughter every thing that enters the map one armed in copper kill a gobbo seige of a lasher and 10 hammerlords with silver weapons and in steel he had a axe and was just dabbling but i did remove fire breath form warrior gnomes and gave the a that pop tag so i might do some tweaking
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:02:21 pm »

Uh...

One thing...

Fire breathing gnomes!?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Gnome mod
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:14:21 am »

But the elves love it vbut i removed it before i uploaded and gave it to the mages and they should be rare
also the new version is almost done just tweaking the new megabeast all the fun to be had :D

edit: also mark your mages and dont let them hunt you can have some fun if you dont
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:21:10 am by stabbymcstabstab »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:46:03 pm »

Less gay elves
I object. The elves are cannibalistic demons fighting with their claws, teeth and sticks and eating their victims. They are ready to kill anyone who dares to show them a bone or a stain of blood.

If anything, they are not gay. They are gloomy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:55:41 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 04:35:42 pm »

Deon they hump trees and puke at the sight of some on offering a sword with a single wood ring on it for the love of god by less gay i mean to give them some better weapons and armor then a wood short sword.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 04:52:56 pm »

I modded my elves to be closer to the Bosmer from the TES series.

They have a religious belief know as The Green Pact, which means that they cannot harm any plantlife.  In return, the horribly violent jungle of Valenwood does not eat them for breakfast.

That doesn't mean they're wusses, however.  It means they're carnivores.  They won't eat their own kind but you? You're a heathen who eats plants.  You must be mighty tasty after they baste you with a bit of butter and some honey.

Plus, their elf-maidens get to wear pretty butterflies in their hair instead of flowers, which stand up much better to bloodstains, I'd think.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 06:41:39 pm »

actually thats more of what im going for also sorry for the necro post im been having a bad week also the new version of my mod should be out soon to.

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 06:16:23 am »

My gnomes are better than yours.
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 09:57:33 am »

Deon they hump trees and puke at the sight of some on offering a sword with a single wood ring on it for the love of god by less gay i mean to give them some better weapons and armor then a wood short sword.
If they fight with sticks and teeth, it's does not make them pussies. Instead it means that they dare to do it. They COULD use metal weapons and armor, but they consider it a sign of weakness, damn wild bastards :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 11:30:54 am »

They also mob you in huge numbers.  In worldgen many escape, resulting in very skilled competitors on the world stage.  That doesn't include the freshly randomly generated stuff, but after a few tests only the strong survive... which is like 1%

And I think just about anyone using any kind of a Mithril mod basically has to give it to the Elves.  Or some subrace of elves.  Because it's an elf-metal, right?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 11:34:50 am »

Wrong. Only Khazad-Dum produced it, but elves definitely used it.

Of course it's mentioned that it was in Numenor too (in the Unfinished Tales), but from LOTR only it was just made by dwarves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 07:23:12 pm »

actually jeoshua i was planning of giving them mithril later so dont worry and deon this is dwarf fort their is no dwarf that has the brains to control metal sources also i test out ways to stop the zerg elf rush they do

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 07:49:40 pm »

this is dwarf fort their is no dwarf that has the brains to control metal sources
Huh, what? Dwarves are the only ones who can make steel and dig out adamantine, and they have BRAIN bodypart, so you are totally wrong in all aspects :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: [1] 2 3