Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Liberal law's are dying  (Read 2035 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal law's are dying
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

Wait, what? The FD storms you if you write SE of the Liberal Guardian at C+ Free Speech?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 02:36:05 pm »

Yep, and I also am fairly confident that you don't even have to publish a SE, just write the paper. If you don't get it, you should get familiar with the works of the author Ray Bradbury.

About the shotguns being a joke against any armor, I disagree, as the weakest body armors only shield one's body. The joke may fall on deaf ears if aimed at your chest but might cause fatal hilarity if it hits your limbs or especially your head.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 05:42:54 pm »

Or rather, just get familiar with Fahrenheit 451. To summarize, the book details a "dystopia" where books are banned and firemen are dispatched to burn all books. The title references the temperature by which paper burns. Of course, you can't look at it too deeply; the books are banned in this dystopia not because they made people more educated or posed a threat to the regime, books were just seen as being boring and useless in a world with hedonistic pleasure and infinite TV.

Fun fact: Ray Bradbury was a fan of George W. Bush.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:47:44 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 06:23:46 pm »

Ray Bradbury also said that Fahrenheit 451 was actually about television ruining people's lives, not censorship. Nonetheless, I find that they are still in a good position within LCS.

Fahrenheit 451 also features small, white, handheld music players people use to drown out the world.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 09:30:53 pm »

Ray Bradbury also said that Fahrenheit 451 was actually about television ruining people's lives, not censorship. Nonetheless, I find that they are still in a good position within LCS.

Fahrenheit 451 also features small, white, handheld music players people use to drown out the world.
Now in a multitude of colors. Except Red and Pink, cause they mean something.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 11:52:06 pm »

This is true. I like the LCS firemen though, adds a fun absurd touch.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 [2]