Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Healthcare  (Read 1621 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Healthcare
« on: April 21, 2011, 08:14:11 pm »

Anyone know if there are any mods out there that enable you to either fix yourself up, or pay people to fix you up? Adventure mode would be a lot more fun if I didn't spend the rest of my adventure constantly drowsy from infection (lowering my stats, apparently) simply because I got a scratch that I could never wash.

I mean, the ability is already present in DF Mode, how is this something that wasn't added to the mode that hinges more on good health?

I know I can mod the raws to increase recuperation to a super-human rate, but there's really no fun in that. I'd like to be able to whip out a needle and thread and fix myself up badly (unless I had decent suturing stats), or at least pay someone to do it for me. I'd pay money for this.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Healthcare
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:14:29 am »

Quote from: DF Talk
You will be able to see adventure care, but we're not sure when, it's one of those things that seems like a pressing issue because you die all the time in adventure mode, but that's not a new thing ... So I'm not sure when it should happen, it seems like something you want to do, but who knows when.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:09:24 am »

Quote from: DF Talk
You will be able to see adventure care, but we're not sure when, it's one of those things that seems like a pressing issue because you die all the time in adventure mode, but that's not a new thing ... So I'm not sure when it should happen, it seems like something you want to do, but who knows when.
lol, who said this?

Of course we die all the time in adventure mode, the problem is what we often die from. This isn't America, it's DF. Dying from a lack of medical care for an infection on your toe is just a little too real-world.

There must be a way for me to create a reaction for this in the game. I think I'm going to start looking into modding this myself then. I'm amazed how little people appreciate Adv Mode, to the point that the modding community is only neck deep in DF Mode.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:02:06 am »

I just did an in-depth search on the healthcare system for adventure mode, and posts requesting a means to heal go back as far as 5 years. I'm thinking there already has to be a mod that covers this problem, does anyone know where I can find one? I've looked quite a while now and no luck yet.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:57:04 am »

It's not a moddable thing.  I think some people managed tricks with wearing bandages etc, but the only reliable thing is crutch walking.

I'm amazed how little people appreciate Adv Mode, to the point that the modding community is only neck deep in DF Mode.

Nope.