Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "I'm flattered, but I have no need of you"  (Read 1446 times)

Patomago

• Bay Watcher
  • Where the ineptitude becomes apparent
    • View Profile
"I'm flattered, but I have no need of you"
« on: April 21, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »

I'm in a whiny mood, it seems, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask this one too. With my earlier character, sadly fallen because of a dreaded hippo, I reached a point where fortress lords would say that they didn't need my services. I thought it was because of how mighty I was, but now that I'm trying out a little nobody from Nobodyland, I'm seriously beginning to doubt it. Because people say the same to Mr Shylittleguy as they said to Awesome Mcaxedwarf. Have I butchered all evil in the generated world? Should I begin anew?

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: "I'm flattered, but I have no need of you"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 06:51:04 pm »

That's probably the best way to go. Or if there's another human civ you can make the long trek there to hopefully find more work. Hell, traveling to a new civ area is an adventure in and of itself if that would interest you. Otherwise just generate a new world.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Patomago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 06:54:29 pm »

I already tried that adventure, crossing an ocean with my ultradwarf. The lords from that civilization treated me the same way. I suppose it's time to create a new world, more filled with dangers (this was a beginners world, recommended by the wiki).

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 06:58:37 pm »

ah. Also, making some simple fortresses can create an interesting dungeon if you make enough to forget the layouts. You could also commandeer some succession game saves from the community thread and adventure in those forts.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:07:02 pm »

Become Urist McSerialKiller and kill everyone.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Patomago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:33:53 pm »

Good ideas, both of them. Sadly, my new buddy is a thieving rat who can't take a punch to the face like a real man should, so I just stole everything and ran like hell to another country. Also, surprise, some peasant asked me to kill a troglodyte, so there's still light in the world. I'll keep rolling and see what fun I'm able to have with all this.