Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: X-COM Genesis Evangelion -- A Poorly Thought-Out X-COM LP!  (Read 80621 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: X-COM Genesis Evangelion -- A Poorly Thought-Out X-COM LP!
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2011, 08:02:51 pm »

I find it odd that no-one cares that I'm still passed out.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 27, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »

Meanwhile: Phantom is inspired to attempt to beat that damned Artifact Mission in TFTD.
"Let's see, I can't head left or right...
OH FUCK IT TIME TO WING IT."
Attempt 1: Tentaculats!
Attempt 2: GRENADA!
Attempt 3: Why is there sonic waves in my coffe-TAAAAAAASOTH!
Attempt 4: Tarran, stop dying! Me, stop getting grenades thrown at you! Sheb, stop panicking! USEC_Officer, stop panicking also! You too, Maximum_Zero!

I could make Asuka kick you awake.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 27, 2011, 08:36:37 pm »

Phantom, just chill inside the sub for a bit.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 27, 2011, 08:39:12 pm »

The 6th sense of Imperial Guardsmen and Australians is the ability to detect chaos.
I think I'll sig that.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2011, 08:53:22 pm »

Thank you.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2011, 08:59:36 pm »

Thank you.
Hey, it implies that I have a superhuman ability. Why wouldn't I want to keep it?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2011, 09:02:35 pm »

Thank you.
Hey, it implies that I have a superhuman ability. Why wouldn't I want to keep it?
I see your point.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2011, 05:56:27 am »

We're assuming medics got you I think
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gendo's Diary: Page 1

I've decided to keep a log of the events here at SEALE HQ. Things have started to grow out of hand, lately. It all started when Quibble entered my office a few weeks ago...

: Director Ikari, I think you're going to love what we have for you!

: Who made it?

: I did, sir.

: *sigh* Fine. Let's see what you have, Quibble.

He brought me down into the Alien Containment sector, which held a massive machine. It was a large series of tubes and wires, all hooked up to some kind of metal cube. I asked him what it was, but he wouldn't tell me. He couldn't shut up about all of the scientific break-throughs this device would lead to, including making death entirely meaningless.

: Quibble, I already don't care about any of your deaths, I don't see how you could make it any more meaningless for me.

: Ah, but that's where you're wrong, Director! This machine, the cube we've got hooked up, has the ability to bring machines to life!

: Congratulations, your findings will advance the Tamagotchi industry by thirty years. What does this have to do with our alien problem?

: Limitless soldiers, sir! Every soldier that we've lost can be brought back to continue fighting, with all of the abilities they had in life, and the room to grow even more powerful! It's True Resurrection, Director Ikari, we hold the power of God in our hands!

: Which one?

: Er... what?

: Which God?

: Um... Judeo-Christian?

: Ah, good. He knew how to smite someone when they got on his nerves. That's the kind of power we can use. In fact, I know exactly where to start...

We hadn't had the boy Simon on our team for long, but I already knew he would be an issue. I read his file, and his ideals... weren't a perfect mesh with my own. He would need to be controlled, and I figured the best way to keep him in line was appeasement. With all the corpses we had piled up, it didn't take long for us to create the perfect replica of an old friend of his...

: Are you ready, Quibble? Activate the machine.

I still remember the horrible jerking the body made as the cube filled it with life. It took nearly ten minutes, but finally, a voice.

??: ....--AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

: Shut it off, Quibble, we've got him.

??: Er... phew. Where the hell am I?

: You're on Earth, and you've just been drafted. Welcome to the fight, Kamina.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

: NO WAY!!

I really should have expected that response from him. Being the rebel that he is. Working for someone like me would be completely against his ideals, though I can't even begin to imagine how he knew to distrust me from the moment I spoke to him. I admit, I was disappointed that I had to have him killed, but it had to be done. I kept a pair of bodyguards on hand at all times, they would suffice to defeat a lone man with a sword. What I didn't count on was the young man forming a giant red mech out of sheer willpower.

: HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY! YOU THINK I'M GONNA STAND BY AND WATCH YOU SEND MY BRO TO FIGHT THESE ALIENS ON HIS OWN?! OUTTA MY WAY!

By some miracle we'd trapped him in the storage room, where he has remained since, only leaving on occasions where I required his assistance. Obviously, if he even thought about disobeying, his precious "bro" Simon would be killed in an instant; he had no choice but to comply. One such occasion was my next subject: the zombie apocalypse.

While Kamina's resurrection went perfectly, it appears that he was a special case. Out of the other thirty attempts we made, only one stuck: the disembodied brain of Pat the Androgynous. And even then only partially. It went rogue, and took remote command of all the corpses we had on hand to attempt the process with. The zombies attacked the base, but by a stroke of luck my agents dealt with them while suffering no casualties. Kamina's help was most appreciated.

Unfortunately, I find myself in a predicament. He has made me promise that on the next mission, he is to accompany Simon into battle, to ensure his safety. If I refuse, his mech is going to bite me in half. Most people would find such an idea preposterous; in my case, I have little choice but to agree. I will end the log here, as I have much to prepare for in case Simon's reaction to Kamina's story prove... contrary to my interests.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2011, 05:39:34 pm »

OH Oh! Does Kharn get to be the one that...uh.... reduces them to cinders if they disobey?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2011, 05:46:17 pm »

Kharn is incredibly well mannered for a Khorn worshiper.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2011, 06:06:09 pm »

And why hasn't he betrayed anyone yet?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »

Kharn is incredibly well mannered for a Khorn worshiper.
Quoth... Somebody " Just beacuse you're going to kill someone doesn't mean you shouldn't be polite" or something like that

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2011, 06:22:46 pm »

And yet, everywhere I saw him he tends to act like a /tg/ Angry Marine.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »

And yet, everywhere I saw him he tends to act like a /tg/ Angry Marine.
He's a great guy to hang out with, nonetheless
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47