Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I will draw your artifact in a nice ANSI-art (color ASCII-art)  (Read 367 times)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

Due to... recent events, I am left at home bored. For a limited time, I will draw your artifacts in ANSI-art (with both converted to PNG and .ans versions available to download) based on your descriptions.
Please keep the descripton of the artifact in reasonable limits (i.e. I won't be drawing Planepacked or similar artifacts, as awesome as they are).
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I will draw your artifact in a nice ANSI-art (color ASCII-art)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 10:55:05 pm »

Can I ask for an art for my artifact bone shield? Nothing particularly special about it (except the decorations made from honey bee chitin maybe). Just a warm-up for you, I guess.

Here is the description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 10:47:55 am »

Image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.ANS file: https://mega.nz/#!vZsThIpJ!COqinScyE4XA04egCK3e6ymdEYsDn11pQMw3DQQVVuM
Please note that, depending on your ANSI viewer the image may not load correctly as it depends on some settings such as iCE colors and 80x50 display mode that may not be supported by older or dodgy ASCII- and ANSI-Art viewers (especially those made for DOS).
Also, due to ASCII having certain limitations (as you probably know) I can do only one image per artifact so in case that artifacts has multiple images, I will choose the one that looks the best in the image.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 10:50:14 am by darkhog »

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 08:56:52 pm »

Thank you, looks super neat! I love bee-colored decorations, althought I guess they must have been hard to do this way for the dwarf  :D

One image per artifact restriction is completely understandable, and image of a tree in green glass also looks like the right choice to me.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:03:54 am »

You're welcome!