Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 713

Author Topic: What Would Urist Do?  (Read 639091 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Urist Do?
« Reply #6585 on: November 24, 2014, 10:13:52 pm »

magma 8)

what would urist do if the shear awesomeness that is cacame aewmedinade told him his booze tasted worse that the water that those pansy elfs drink (I would say fall on his knees in worship and cry and beg for forgiveness but what do you guys think?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: November 24, 2014, 11:09:27 pm »

The Dark King sat upon his throne in the deepest part of the mightiest mountainhome in all of Dwarfdom.  His eyes, shadowed with the horrors of thousands of deaths yet sharp enough to gleam in the gloomiest of light, flickered over each and every hopeful face standing before him.  In his hand was clasped a goblet of fine silver, imported from the loneliest Fortress to the far north.  Jewels, hacked from the very earth itself and cut to absolute masterwork perfection, glittered upon the rim.  Even the gold leafing on the side was done with absolute precision and care, depicting the slaughter of the invading elves from so many years ago.

Within the goblet sloshed Urist McBrewers newest creation.

Urist stood in the sea of hopeful faces, anxiously awaiting his kings verdict.  Years upon years of work had gone into this specific brew.  Dozens of herbs were mixed in, each modifying the taste ever so slightly.  Some were so minute, their presence so moderated that they could hardly be said to be there at all.  Oh, Urist had tasted and tested his brew a hundred times.  He'd had others come in, professional alcoholics and brewers, all to taste his creation and provide feedback.  He'd debated and deliberated, drawing up schematics and diagrams all over the walls of his bedroom until he arrived at the most perfect, most mathematically sound booze he could possibly create. 

And now Cacame was about to take a drink.

The entire crowd held their breath as Cacame lifted the drink to his lips, paused, then tipped it back.  The booze had taken Urist years to perfect, and Cacame downed it in less than a few seconds.  He set the drink down, his face expressionless.  The entire room echoed with the beating of Urists heart as he awaited the verdict.

"Piss."

The words were spoken with a deadly softeness, so quiet it would have escaped the notice of a nervous rat.  Urist swallowed, then spoke.  "I-I- ah, p-p-pardon, my lord?"

"Piss water.  Your drink is less than that brewed by the miserable elves to the south.  I say again, Urist.  Piss."

The goblet flew from Cacame's hand, smashing against the flagstone floor and dislodging two of the embedded gemstones.  Urist fell to his knees, his eyes staring at the broken goblet.  He felt strangely hallow inside.

"I'm placing an order for two dozen barrels," Cacame continued on, his eyes burning with an ugly rage.  "We'll trade it to the humans.  They won't be able to tell the difference."

WWUD if the miner fell down the well?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:26:39 pm by evictedSaint »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:00 am »

be yelled at by the overseer to mine him out (assuming said miner lost his pick) then take a break and just scarcely make it in time to save him and narrowly avoid the oversears wrarth.

wwud if he WAS the miner

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: November 25, 2014, 05:16:12 pm »

Fall down the well!

Wwud if he managed to tame a gcs?

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: November 25, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »

Create over nine thousand cave spider silk socks and regret nothing.

WWUD if he found a magic sock?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: November 25, 2014, 05:32:30 pm »

Search for the second magical sock to finish the pair.

WWUD if he was searching for the second magical sock and there was none?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: November 25, 2014, 09:51:50 pm »

Throw a tantrum and toss all his clothes all over then kick the Hammerer right if the face.

WWUD adamantine hammer wielding Hammerer?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: November 25, 2014, 09:54:08 pm »

Become the best baseball HAMMERBALL player in the world with his super light indestructible bat HAMMER.

What would Urist do if he was afraid of the dark?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:30 pm »

Light the world with magma.

WWUD if the magma cooled to become stone?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: November 26, 2014, 05:57:45 am »

Mine it, light the world with magma, watch the blood of Armok cool into stone, repeat.

WWUD If he was fishing in the well, and suddenly a carp jumping out of it bites his beard off?

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: November 26, 2014, 11:07:35 am »

Walk to the food stockpile and store the unprepared carp there, along with his beard. He was later beaten down by a miner for looking like an elf and started a loyality cascade, destroying the whole fortress.

WWUD if flying cyborg kobolds sieged his fortress?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: November 26, 2014, 11:14:52 am »

enter a martial trance and slaughter them all with his adamantine sword.

what would urist do if he found

(some DF language name here) deaththunder the snowing sparks

this is an magical artifact short sword. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. electricity courses through its blade.
it is made of silver and encircled with bands of gold opal. it menaces with spikes of gold. on the item is the image of a dwarf and (some god of lightning here) in silver. the (god of lightning) is smiting the dwarf.

the sword is considered sacred by the followers of (lightning god)

when magic is implemented. (I kinda turned around 2 pages on future of the fortress topic into a discussion of the possibilities. want to join in?)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: November 26, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »

Urist would accidentally prick his thumb sheathing the blade and be fried to a crisp.

Wwud with a crispy-fried dorf and a sword that has yet to take a life but that of its wielder?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: November 26, 2014, 09:22:02 pm »

try to use it anyways and make the same mistake the last urist did. same for the next one and the next one. ad infineum

wwud if the person next to him suddenly exploded into 1000 bloody chunks for no disconcernable reson (im sleepy so forgive my spelling fails)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:17 pm »

Haul each and every one, one at a time, to a coffin deep in the catacombs below the fortress. The process takes 7 months, as Urist is the fortress' dedicated mortician. Everyone else complains about the miasma, but as Bomrek McBloodymess was a new migrant, nobody knew him so nobody cares.

WWUD if Bomrek McBloodymess was contagious?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 713