Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Syria - Now what?  (Read 7112 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Syria - Now what?
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 05:09:49 pm »

Don't worry, Urist will backpedal and say it was a blatant troll joke when challenged on something like that.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 06:19:34 pm »

Well, to be fair, Palazzo did ask what a stereotypical European was, and I did too, in a fairly roundabout and unclear way. Eurotrash doesn't mean much to me though, except for a type of music, so I still wondering a little about it.
Love, scriver~

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 06:32:03 pm »

Don't worry, Urist will backpedal and say it was a blatant troll joke when challenged on something like that.

Classy.

What I meant was that Phmcw will say stuff like: "Sorry, my drug addled communist mind can't grasp such a complicated American idea as that."

This fits with the way Euro trash are seen in the American media, using comedic stereotypes to mask a lack of a rebuttal pisses me off.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »

guys, I thought everyone already knew urist was a troll.  There's plenty of evidence (browse my latest though not recent posts -22 march and before-) no matter how effective he might think his system is.  Immediately after being called a troll he will say that people who disagree are not trolls, please don't call him that.  After being shown evidence of his trolling, he will use some Cartman-ish sounding phrase ("screw you guys, I'm going heeome") and vanish temporarily in search of other threads to try and "disrupt". 

My only hope is that he is really young and bored and someday, he will find something a tad more useful to do with his life.

EDIT:  date
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:35:58 pm by Alexhans »
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »

guys, I thought everyone already knew urist was a troll.  There's plenty of evidence (browse my latest though not recent posts -22 march and before-) no matter how effective he might think his system is.  Immediately after being called a troll he will say that people who disagree are not trolls, please don't call him that.  After being shown evidence of his trolling, he will use some Cartman-ish sounding phrase ("screw you guys, I'm going heeome") and vanish temporarily in search of other threads to try and "disrupt". 

My only hope is that he is really young and bored and someday, he will find something a tad more useful to do with his life.

EDIT:  date

This is being detrimental to the forum as a whole, by not reporting trolls you're helping to decrease the quality of the forum. Just report them and be done with it. By calling other people trolls it just pisses them off and continues the problem.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 06:47:04 pm »

And thus Alexhans prophecy is fulfilled.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 07:11:37 pm »

Classy.

What I meant was that Phmcw will say stuff like: "Sorry, my drug addled communist mind can't grasp such a complicated American idea as that."

This fits with the way Euro trash are seen in the American media, using comedic stereotypes to mask a lack of a rebuttal pisses me off.

Wut? "drug addled communist" "This fits with the way Euro trash are seen in the American media"?
European low class are reported as "drug addled communist" in American media?

And to add to the general incomprehension, while I happen to use caricature sometime, I didn't use any in the post you quoted.

Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2011, 08:06:51 pm »

Classy.

Wut? "drug addled communist" "This fits with the way Euro trash are seen in the American media"?
European low class are reported as "drug addled communist" in American media?

And to add to the general incomprehension, while I happen to use caricature sometime, I didn't use any in the post you quoted.

Re-read the post, I said it was a comedic stereotype.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 12:38:47 am »

This thread has been fairly derailed, but I'm going to leave it open.  Urist has been muted for a week for the aggregate of recent posts in various threads, so that piece of the conversation doesn't need to carry on derailing the thread here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 12:43:29 am »

My guess would be the same source as that "$331 million" number. It's a dark place, and there's an unpleasant aroma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12446811

Yeah, why believe leftist hellhole such as the bbc that explain that the cuts will be more than 1 thousand billion dollars over ten years.
Your country is fucked : the damage to your education and research will be unsurmountable. Now we must avoid that these fucker achieve the same thing in Europe.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/04/2011425142513343584.html

Yet, he may be right over Syria. It seems that they took kadhafi's path.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm locking this bullshit!

Ninja'd by toady one, ok, i wont lock it.

I read a report about the snipers on Sunday, I will try to find a link.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2011, 02:39:46 am »

It's not the matter at hand but... what? http://fr.euronews.net/2011/04/13/barack-obama-veut-economiser-4000-milliards-de-dollars-sur-12-ans-pour-reduire-/ Ok this one is in French but then I'm sure I understand it completely : it said that Obama want 4000 billion of budged cut over twelve year, begenning by more than 300 billion this year. What do you mean am I making this stuff up. It's exactly what the article say, no?
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 07:09:23 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12446811

Yeah, why believe leftist hellhole such as the bbc that explain that the cuts will be more than 1 thousand billion dollars over ten years.
Your country is fucked : the damage to your education and research will be unsurmountable. Now we must avoid that these fucker achieve the same thing in Europe.

Dude, do you even read what you post links to?

Damn.  1 thousand billion dollars over ten years.  Do you just make this stuff up?

Did *you* read what it linked to?

The budget aims to cut $1.1tn (£690bn) from the US deficit over a decade.

For the mathematically-challenged, 1.1 trillion = 1100 billion. And "a decade" = 10 years.

More to the point, this is derailing the original thread. If you guys wanna keep debating the budget, split it off in a new thread (or recycle the one about the government shutdown...that had a pretty good budget discussion in it).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:50 am »

fun fact
Spanish (Long scaled countries):
1.000.000 (un millón)
1.000.000.000 (mil millones)
1.000.000.000.000 (un billón)
1.000.000.000.000.000 (mil billones)
1.000.000.000.000.000.000 (un trillón)

Contemporary English (Short scaled countries):
1.000.000 (one million)
1.000.000.000 (one billion)
1.000.000.000.000 (one trillion)

It's easy to mix things up.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:41 am »

-snip-

It's easy to mix things up.

Interesting.

Yeah, the US federal budget isn't even on the same order of magnitude as 1018.  In fact, I'm not sure the sum of all countries' budgets is that high.  :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:13 am »

Yes, but last I checked everyone in the thread (the BBC included) was speaking English.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5