Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 560844 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 01:42:53 pm »

For the most part the LARGEST absorber of time is going to be grinding proficiancy and I guess skill.

Which you should be doing (for at least an hour) every 10 levels. So yeah epic levels of grinding.

Plus getting the items you will later desperately need will take a few more hours since the game REALLY doesn't like to hand them out (for example immunity to stone. I usually play Golems).

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 07:50:04 pm »

That claymore class is totally stolen...

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 07:57:32 pm »

The Big Daddies in the dungeons are totally original though.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 10:48:30 pm »

Actually maybe this will give people a chance to fix the massive broken game play while retaining the epically amusing options.

Also "Hard Gay" is a creature in this (epic), and I can genetically engineer abominations, then ride them.  So I really hope they can balance combat a lot more and kill the grinding a bit.  The core leveling/skill up system is just broken as hell.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 11:07:33 pm »

So far it's fun.... Had to die multiple times before I realized I need to grind the hell out of road side monsters before doing anything else, but fun.

Also, I have this quest where I need to give this person a "green plant".... and I have no idea what that means. it's not an item in the game. I have a bunch of green colored plants but they won't take them...

Also, how do you use those materials you find in dreams and stuff?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 11:15:17 pm »

1. So far it's fun.... Had to die multiple times before I realized I need to grind the hell out of road side monsters before doing anything else, but fun.

2. Also, I have this quest where I need to give this person a "green plant".... and I have no idea what that means. it's not an item in the game. I have a bunch of green colored plants but they won't take them...

3. Also, how do you use those materials you find in dreams and stuff?

1. Actually you can do the Puppy Dungeon first. Each level gets reset every time you enter, giving you unlimited amount of enemies and loot. At first do not move to far away from the exit. Kill/loot, back to town to sell. For mages this is the easiest method to get some spellbooks.

2. Those "I want" quests usually involve negotiating the item from another person. They should tell you who to get it from when you get the quest, and you can ask town guards where the person is. You will need some other items of comparable value to trade.

3. There are crafting items. Sewing kit, etc. Buy from shop and use. Crafting is mostly useless - except for crafting scrolls. There are skill requirements for crafting.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 11:43:08 pm »

I tried the puppy cave, Got perma locked by spiders and mauled...

Also, the journal doesn't say anything about who to get the green plant from.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 12:02:55 am »

Then it's probably not a "I want" quest, but a "Birthday Present" quest. You'll need to look for the item somewhere else... it could even be impossible to get in the current location. So don't accept those quest until you've located the item. It is very possible that by the time you located the item the quest is already expired (i.e. not on the quest board anymore).

As for the Puppy dungeon, don't ever stray far from the exit when you are weak. Just keep exit and re-enter, and you will get new enemies and loot. Watch out for kobolds (IIRC they are called kobolds). They hit very hard for a low level monster. If you see them, run, exit and re-enter.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:04:37 am by kcwong »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:33 am »

Also if you play a Golem... Riding skill (plus a horse or similarly quick mount) is ABSOLUTELY required.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 01:06:05 am »

Also if you play a Golem... Riding skill (plus a horse or similarly quick mount) is ABSOLUTELY required.

You'd want your mount to be strong too... feed it/her some arm-type monster corpse. Otherwise your weight will drag both you and your mount down.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 01:09:50 am »

Well I got some platinum and trained up my damage and defense. Can now take out kobolds with little difficulty. Now all I have to worry about is food randomly killing me by somehow causing massive starvation (no I did not throw up and they were not rotten, I am even resistant to poison)

Also, wth is with those hunting jobs? It just spams monsters that are ok alone, but 9 of them?

EDIT: AAARARRRGGHHHHH!!1

Someone plz tell me how to obtain curse removal items. I have 2 cursed items on me and they keep teleporting me into dangerous stuff/far away places.\

Also, my arrow or bow isn't cursed, yet I can't remove my arrow.... wth?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:28:02 am by Micro102 »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 01:33:47 am »

Food draining you to starvation probably means it's cursed. Don't eat cursed food!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 01:34:43 am »

1. Now all I have to worry about is food randomly killing me by somehow causing massive starvation (no I did not throw up and they were not rotten, I am even resistant to poison)

2. Also, wth is with those hunting jobs? It just spams monsters that are ok alone, but 9 of them?

3. Someone plz tell me how to obtain curse removal items. I have 2 cursed items on me and they keep teleporting me into dangerous stuff/far away places.

4. Also, my arrow or bow isn't cursed, yet I can't remove my arrow.... wth?

1. Food can be generated cursed too. I'm not sure if corpses can be generated cursed as well. Beware of vomiting too much... your system will get used to that causing you to lose weight and stuff.

2. Hunting jobs are those that send you to wilderness and kill all monsters (randomly generated, multiple types). Those are a bit more difficult for a new character; better get some loli's properly equipped to help you out. There's another type called town invasion, where you fight in an empty town against a single type of monsters. They usually don't come up until you have higher fame, and can be very difficult or easy depending on what monsters you will be fighting.

3. You need scroll(s) of uncurse... probably more than one, yes, because they are not guaranteed to work. Curse in Elona is like a disease... the longer you have a cursed item the more serious it gets, and eventually it will spread to your other items too. To be safe, don't use new loot right away. Keep them in your inventory for a while, you will gradually learn more about them. I don't remember what that skill is called that make this process faster... item inspection or something?

4. Don't know about this one, sorry.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 01:49:25 am »

1. Food can be generated cursed too. I'm not sure if corpses can be generated cursed as well. Beware of vomiting too much... your system will get used to that causing you to lose weight and stuff.

I was under the impression height and weight had no effect.  Playing around with blessed milk in wizard mode, I reached a solid 12 feet.  I don't recall suddenly being immensely powerful in combat or anything, so I don't think there's an effect.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 02:17:03 am »

If your not an android, those boxes have tons of food and health. Plus you can get bullets and ether, and if your really lucky, the propulsion boots.

I just had a bug. Made my hoverbike, mounted it, and the camera goes flying across the area to the north, and doesn't move. So now I'm out two antigravs.

Getting taller and heavier may have no benefits (other than increasing your loli's bust size), but losing weight and vomiting a lot definitely have bad effects on you.

Here... (http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Curse), particularly:
Digesting cursed food causes vomiting and may result in temporary negative effects and permanent stat losses

IIRC if you keep vomiting a lot, you will eventually get a negative perk and will not be able to eat as much as you normally do... it's been too long ago, I can't remember the details.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 291