Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 559999 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 02:25:54 am »

If your not an android, those boxes have tons of food and health. Plus you can get bullets and ether, and if your really lucky, the propulsion boots.

I just had a bug. Made my hoverbike, mounted it, and the camera goes flying across the area to the north, and doesn't move. So now I'm out two antigravs.

Wrong quote.

Anyway, yeah, I forgot about the effects of vomiting.  IIRC it abuses stats or something.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:27:36 am by Earthquake Damage »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 02:51:00 am »

There's an internal vomit counter that increases whenever you vomit, it decreases by one whenever you die or a day passes. Vomiting too much will eventually give you Anorexia, which causes you to vomit whenever you eat; including the innkeeper's meal option.

And yes, you'll lose a small amount of stat experience as well as "food points" whenever you vomit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 03:02:31 am »

Pet is useless, keeps dieing to everything and doesn't fight what I want it to. Never seems to level up no matter how much prey I give it.

I have kept dozens of items in my inventory for days but a lot of them don't seem to be identified. Mainly scrolls, books, and raw ores.

I have raw ores, yet can only sell them for 1, while in shops they go for 450 gold... I don't get it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 03:09:31 am »

RE Item Detection: The skill is Sense Quality.  It is not a default skill for most races and classes.

RE Cursed Items: There are three ways of curing a cursed item:
1) Scroll of uncurse->Sometimes works, best to use a blessed version for greater chance of success and the ability to uncurse multiple versions.  Protip: Get a whole stack of scrolls of uncurse, then bless them.  I believe there is also a stronger version of the scroll of uncurse as well.

2) Bless the item->If you mix holy water with the cursed item, it will change from cursed to blessed.  This is also how you get that large stack of blessed scrolls of uncurse, as recommended above.

3) Scroll of inferior material->Least likely to work, and ultimately the worst possible option.  Anyways, if you use a scroll of inferior material on the item, there is something like a one-in-six chance of the item being changed to the "raw" material classification.  Once your cursed item is made of the "raw" material, you can eat it.  Bad because you are eating cursed food, and will suffer the negative effects thereof.  But at least you're not wearing the bloody thing!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 03:09:37 am »

Pet is useless, keeps dieing to everything and doesn't fight what I want it to. Never seems to level up no matter how much prey I give it.
The current pet leveling rate is fubar. Most of your pet's strength will come from the equipment you give them. (Meaning only one of the four starting pets are actually useful.)

I have kept dozens of items in my inventory for days but a lot of them don't seem to be identified. Mainly scrolls, books, and raw ores.
Start training perception by getting sense quality ASAP, it's practically the best skill in the game. You practice it by hauling around unidentified items, it occasionally identifies items for you, and it gives a lot of perception XP. You can learn it from a trainer in Yowyn or Noyel.

I have raw ores, yet can only sell them for 1, while in shops they go for 450 gold... I don't get it.
Your negotiation skill is low; it determines how high the selling penalty rate and the maximum sell price is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:11:16 am by Blaze »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 03:14:36 am »

The absolute best thing to do with ores is to give them to pets you actually intend to keep, as pets always sell ores for more than the player.

You can probably get your money back via performer skill, if you really want.  Otherwise, your pets will use their gold to level up skills... somehow.

Oh, and the Elona wiki is a great resource.  Without the wiki, I probably would have no idea how to do anything with this game!

Once you get a wish, you'll love the wiki's guide to wishing!

Wishes come from drinking fountains, so get drinking!  ;D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 03:17:04 am »

Wishes come from drinking fountains, so get drinking!  ;D
If you don't mind getting an alien breeding inside you.

Or mutations.

Or stat decreases.

Seriously, drinking from a fountain puts you at the utter mercy of the RNG. And as we all know the RNG is a bastard. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 03:17:43 am »

But keep some poison and antidotes ready.

Or wear Alien proof armOr.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 03:28:02 am »

Can't do much for the stat decreases though, even equipment that "maintains" stats don't do anything.

I believe the fairy hat gives innate birth control though.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 03:32:07 am »

But keep some poison and antidotes ready.

Or wear Alien proof armOr.

Drinking a potion of dye can also get rid of aliens inside you.

Stash all potions of dyes! When there's an alien infestation in town, you need to cure pregnant NPCs. IIRC giving them poison will lower your karma and might kill them; dyes do the job better.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 03:33:07 am »

I keep reading that as potion of die D:

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 05:05:40 am »

Now that it's open source we might get a linux port, on the bright side.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 05:24:26 am »

Edit: Bah, tired.

I keep reading that as potion of die D:
It basically is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:26:15 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 08:56:45 am »

I.... I'm so happy.... I tested out some scrolls to see what they were, and now I have 4 scrolls of uncurse!

Also, got impregnated by aliens, spent 1500 gold on identification of potions and luckily had dye.

Once something is identified, do you know what it is is you pick it up again?

EDIT: And now I just lost all my uncurse scrolls because I cursed my items with a tested scroll that turned out to be a curse scroll.

How do you tell which scrolls are which? Can you do it just by having them in your inv?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:59:25 am by Micro102 »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 10:05:15 am »

Well....
Read every scroll, and drink any potion you have.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 291