Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 559653 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3270 on: June 20, 2013, 01:03:58 am »

Yeah, Challenge quests always feature buffed up <monsters> who have an increased chance of dropping corpses, figurines, and cards.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 20, 2013, 02:29:49 am »

Do quests ever begin giving more than a single platinum? The wiki didn't seem to mention anything about that. Grinding quests gets tiring, but I'm not sure if I could handle the exponential costs if you're stuck getting a single coin per task...

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: June 20, 2013, 03:44:10 am »

Seems to be an extra chance for 1 plat every 20k fame, roughly.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 20, 2013, 12:05:43 pm »

Wow. Just started a new pianist character, and at level 5 in Palmia my little girl happened to drink from a fountain... BAM, wish. o.0
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:08:17 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: June 20, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »

Wow. Just started a new pianist character, and at level 5 in Palmia my little girl happened to drink from a fountain... BAM, wish. o.0
That luck
Huh I was clearing out all of my food I cooked and you can make pretty good money from it.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: June 20, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »

If you think you're not getting platinium fast enough from clearing low danger level dungeons>opening bejeweled chest in high danger ones, and town missions due to your fame being low, you can start to worship Yacatect of Wealth.

Sacrifice every rings/amulet you get from grinding dungeons (and you'll get a lot of them) until you obtain the Goose ally from her.

Each new days, give the Goose a "dish of something" to eat (don't give it a corpse) or cook (you need the cooking skill and an item to cook, you can find many portable cooking device in dungeons) a corpse to be a "dish of whatever corpse" and give it to the servant .

This quality of food (that's what i didn't knew, as i thought the Goose servant ability was buggy while in fact it's all about the food that must be cooked into a dish) will do something very good : the goose once finishing eating it will create a platinium coin.

With this method you can get 1 platinium by day.

Additionally, continue to sacrifice rings/amulets until you get Yacatect 2nd gift : an item that when used once by month will give you 10 platinium coins.

No need to sacrifice rings/amulet for the last gift (a throwable weapon) if you don't need it , you can now go worship your prefered god instead, after a period of anger that you can just wait through, you'll be able to continue using the Goose and the item Yacatect gave you despite worshipping someone else.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: June 20, 2013, 02:11:54 pm »

Huh I was clearing out all of my food I cooked and you can make pretty good money from it.
Yeah. I've gotten as much as 15k for a parfait or the like.

No need to sacrifice rings/amulet for the last gift (a throwable weapon) if you don't need it
I was considering this just for having it passive bonuses and a use for my throwing slot, or does anyone know of a more useful throwing weapon?

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: June 20, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »

Ok, 2 things

Spoiler: money problems solved (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ironic (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 20, 2013, 02:38:20 pm »

For the ranged weapon for me it wasn't good as i had found a very nice shotgun+bullet that were giving some bonus where i needed
But i imagine if you have nothing worthy, Yacatect 3rd gift could be usefull.

wow, i had no idea Waste Arts were so profitable !
I'll have to buy Carpentry as my next skill.

Note, you can move your save from Elona+ 1.19 to Elona+ 1.21 if you want, i have done the same when 1.21 was released (as i didn't played 1.20 that had the "super attacks" for every monsters, that was solved in 1.21)  and it has worked good.

question : i notice lightsabre increase the ether disease expansion.
But does this have an effect if you have given a lightsabre to one of the minions ?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:41:10 pm by Robsoie »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: June 20, 2013, 02:49:01 pm »

Curious how to get the skills showing under the compass like you did.

The waste art is nice money, but takes 100 garbage each so its a bit of collecting to do.
Don't forget the cargo crafts like barrels and the like, that's money too.
Carpentry is great for money and you get the wands as a bonus, Jewelry for the useful scrolls.
Alchemy might be good for saving money but when you can make potential potions you don't have the materials and its easier to get from shops.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:58 pm »

if you have food problems it is worth it to take alchemy for the shaved ice.
it is basically a stomafillia without the stat boosts.
i went the fruit tree cooking way for early money.
i started as a reincarnated dwarf farmer.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: June 20, 2013, 03:15:29 pm »

But does this have an effect if you have given a lightsabre to one of the minions ?
Nope. Ether is the A+ #1 Best Material you can give to your pets because they can't be corrupted.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: June 20, 2013, 03:42:07 pm »

I was considering this just for having it passive bonuses and a use for my throwing slot, or does anyone know of a more useful throwing weapon?
The coin has 100% armor penetration, which makes it a great bell killer early if you didn't nuke the tutorial NPCs for their weapons, and useful against high PV enemies like hermit crabs. It's still worth getting as swap for seeinvis and skills, as you mentioned.

Throwing is worse than the other ranged options for raw damage because your accuracy and power fall off hard with distance, but it makes a great support skill for melee characters.  Throwing trains Tactics, and weapons with sound/mind/nerve damage wind are useful for disabling enemies before you close in.  Being able to accurately toss potions will make the more advanced bombrocks much less dangerous, as they won't explode if you get them wet.

Hit * when hovering over a skill in your character sheet.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: June 20, 2013, 03:56:49 pm »

Nope. Ether is the A+ #1 Best Material you can give to your pets because they can't be corrupted.

Great to know, i was worried being in the proximity of one of my lightsaber equipped minion could affect me somehow.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: June 20, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »

The coin has 100% armor penetration, which makes it a great bell killer early if you didn't nuke the tutorial NPCs for their weapons, and useful against high PV enemies like hermit crabs. It's still worth getting as swap for seeinvis and skills, as you mentioned.

Throwing is worse than the other ranged options for raw damage because your accuracy and power fall off hard with distance, but it makes a great support skill for melee characters.  Throwing trains Tactics, and weapons with sound/mind/nerve damage wind are useful for disabling enemies before you close in.  Being able to accurately toss potions will make the more advanced bombrocks much less dangerous, as they won't explode if you get them wet.

Agreed. Throwing weapons tend to have a lot of nice status and damage effects, which makes them great for melee characters. Starting off a fight against a high speed enemy with a bleed from a shuriken is great. Potion chucking is some serious business and shouldn't be ignored either.

Hit * when hovering over a skill in your character sheet.

Wow! Never knew that! Thanks!
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 291