Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566437 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 01:43:18 pm »

I know the best place for performing...

Although its hidden, and really, really far away from any city.
http://images.wikia.com/elona/images/8/89/ElonaWorldMap.jpg <-- Copy&Paste

Scroll to the top, and look for younger sisters mansion.
Go there. Hit the shop keeper. Get away from her, play.
I keep on getting girls throwing me engagement amulets and rings.
Oh no.
(I sell them.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2011, 01:45:36 pm »

How the fuck do you get to Larna?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2011, 01:47:58 pm »

MINOTAURS

You have to take a level 20 tunnel and you have to go though that to get there.
Sounds like not fun.
Even my grenades do hardly anything...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 01:52:43 pm »

You have to take a level 20 tunnel and you have to go though that to get there.
Sounds like not fun.
Even my grenades do hardly anything...
Abuse Teleport and teleport others wands and you'll get through rather easily.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »

Hmm...
I do have okayish speed

(+100)
But I would not risk it..

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2011, 02:01:25 pm »

Hmm...
I do have okayish speed

(+100)
But I would not risk it..
I did it with a mage so i would assume that my speed weren't any special and that i was squishy

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2011, 02:04:06 pm »

Level 10 man.

Only 50 health.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2011, 04:08:23 pm »

There really isn't anything to do in Larna unless you have an obscene amount of money to pay the tourist markup of 50x the normal cost.

Remember that dead pets still count to towards the party limit, so if you have too many, pay an innkeeper to revive them, then dismiss them.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2011, 04:46:10 pm »

Does 1 million count?

Oh wait, spent that on a castle.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2011, 12:50:34 am »

How do you identify scrolls and books without using money or more scrolls? I could make some decent cash if I could sell all the books I find.

Also, why isn't my ore selling? It's always 1 gold even when I have heavy bargaining abilities.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2011, 01:01:27 am »

How do you identify scrolls and books without using money or more scrolls? I could make some decent cash if I could sell all the books I find.

Also, why isn't my ore selling? It's always 1 gold even when I have heavy bargaining abilities.

That's the trick, you can't. Unless you save scum

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2011, 01:15:40 am »

Ok, so, Warrior is useless because he can't do most of the quests (even the hunting ones, go figure), performers are useless because they die every time they perform, and mages need to get lucky and get  a bunch of wizard dreams, and have to pay massive amounts of money to use books they have.

The only one left I can think of that could be viable is an archer but your so weak early game that you have to kill them in melee range because if you run while shooting they regen all their health. Also trying to have pets ends up paying for their resurrection fees every time you fight.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2011, 01:31:44 am »

Ok, so, Warrior is useless because he can't do most of the quests (even the hunting ones, go figure), performers are useless because they die every time they perform, and mages need to get lucky and get  a bunch of wizard dreams, and have to pay massive amounts of money to use books they have.

The only one left I can think of that could be viable is an archer but your so weak early game that you have to kill them in melee range because if you run while shooting they regen all their health. Also trying to have pets ends up paying for their resurrection fees every time you fight.

Mages can get all the starting books they want from farming puppy dungeon.

Performers definitely aren't useless, you just need to play at the right place. At low levels you don't play around townspeople. You play around your pets at first to practice, they will give you gold if they have any from selling ores (yes, give the ores to your pets. They sell at a much higher price than you and can use that gold for training skills when they are near trainers in town). The performance skill level required is related to the townspeople level. That guy in Vernis is a cruel joke by Noa, just like the tutorial guy.

Warrior is definitely doable, you just need to farm the puppy dungeon to get some decent starting gear for both you and your loli. You did choose a loli as your pet right? Because it's the only pet with most equipment slots functional and thus the most powerful.

Class also isn't everything. Try a fairy claymore. They almost don't get hit at all. The drawback is low carrying capacity; you will need to convert your items into lighter materials like paper.

Also pay a lot of attention to your fame. Difficulty scales with fame in this game. Doing too much delivery quests will bump your fame straight up, and then everything you see will kill you easily. Find quests with no time limit - i.e. those that teleport you to the destination. Like harvesting quest, or party. Fail the quest by doing nothing - spend the time looting free items, and if you can do it, kill people at party for loot. The important thing is failing quests with no time limit does not cost you karma, only fame, which is exactly what you want. You can compare your fame to other adventurers with the town board. You can see how much fame the NPC adventurers have and what level they are. If you find your fame higher than higher level NPC adventurers, it's time to lose some fame.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:35:17 am by kcwong »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2011, 01:35:58 am »

In conclusion: You gotta farm dat puppy dungeon.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2011, 01:37:43 am »

Loyter is a jerk. He makes me glad I'm not a pianist.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 291