Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566466 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #885 on: September 26, 2011, 07:35:06 pm »

Downloading this again and I'm going to try pianist. I already bought myself a ticket to hell, so I'm ready. I'm going to (hopefully) scrape together some dosh and buy myself a nice house and farm somewhere.

I love the Alien reference this game has, a game developer with good taste.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 27, 2011, 10:25:42 am »

Is there a way to confiscate gold from your companions? My little girl just sold some stuff and earned 1500 gold and I'm in need of some cash right now.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:48 am »

She will give you the money if you serenade her with your musical instrument.  You are a bard right?  Just do it somewhere private if your skill is still low.

There is also pickpocketing and alcohol...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 27, 2011, 11:20:42 am »

She will give you the money if you serenade her with your musical instrument.  You are a bard right?  Just do it somewhere private if your skill is still low.

There is also pickpocketing and alcohol...

Unfortunately, the game does not allow you to pilfer your ally's gold or woo them to bed. You can only do that when your ally is an adventurer that's currently out of contract. Of course, the above rules stilk apply, so once you recruit them, you'll have to wait until their contract's off to take back your gold.

Of course, there are much better things to steal from adventurers, like potions of cure disease and given engagement gear...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 27, 2011, 01:02:49 pm »

Pffhaha

After making a new character, the very first thing I got from a well was a wish. I wished for the seven league boots.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 27, 2011, 01:09:01 pm »

What level of performer do you think is required to play for the shopkeepers in Vernis?
Pffhaha

After making a new character, the very first thing I got from a well was a wish. I wished for the seven league boots.
Is your name Urist something?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 27, 2011, 01:17:39 pm »

What level of performer do you think is required to play for the shopkeepers in Vernis?
Pffhaha

Is your name Urist something?
Yes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 27, 2011, 01:21:17 pm »

IIRC, somewhere in the 8 - 15 range. However, avoid the guards, shopkeepers, and Loyter if you're underleveled. Especially Loyter.

Spoiler: Advanced Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 27, 2011, 06:21:07 pm »

What's the name of the music played during the intro in the sounds folder? I'm kind of doing something right now so I can't find it myself.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 27, 2011, 06:38:51 pm »

IIRC, somewhere in the 8 - 15 range. However, avoid the guards, shopkeepers, and Loyter if you're underleveled. Especially Loyter.

Spoiler: Advanced Spoilers (click to show/hide)

http://images.wikia.com/elona/images/8/89/ElonaWorldMap.jpg

Go to the sister's mansion (upper left corner) Attack the shopkeeper in the building. It will spawn NPCs. Play to them. You can level up your performer skill pretty fast this way.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 27, 2011, 06:53:29 pm »

What's the name of the music played during the intro in the sounds folder? I'm kind of doing something right now so I can't find it myself.

It's orc01, but I might have been too late and you've figured that out already.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 27, 2011, 07:12:12 pm »

Nah, the music that plays after you create your character and it tells you the story of how you got there and stuff.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 27, 2011, 07:19:01 pm »

Nah, the music that plays after you create your character and it tells you the story of how you got there and stuff.

The music that plays during that story thingie after character creation, but before the actual game is field_1d.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 27, 2011, 07:25:46 pm »

The music that plays during that story thingie after character creation, but before the actual game is field_1d.
Alright, thanks.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 27, 2011, 10:48:52 pm »

The life of a Pianist is easy once you start raking in the dosh from performing. I'm being guarded by a little girl with mediumish-low equipment, 2 Yerles Machine Infantry and 2 Warriors of Elea. fun times, I just sit back and shoot my pistol while they kill most everything for me.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 291