Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569395 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Elona
« Reply #2310 on: July 08, 2012, 07:39:57 pm »

So, the elona wiki is starting to add info on elona+, including everyone's favorite dojo owner from south tyris.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Gauntlet_Leold

Unfortunately to actually see the text it translates you have to play in japanese, but.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: July 08, 2012, 11:17:44 pm »

Also, here's a gun I picked up off of an adventurer killed in a Colossal nuclear Explosion a while ago:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Needless to say it didn't have the +10 on it, I did that later.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:46:36 am by JimDale »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2312 on: July 08, 2012, 11:55:49 pm »

So I lucked into a scroll of flying, and a blessed one at that. I'd really like to get an altar into my house eventually, would one blessed scroll of flying be enough to get it to a reasonable weight? Not that I've found one yet, but you know, future planning.

EDIT: Also Elona+1.08, not that I think it matters.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: July 09, 2012, 12:19:27 am »

So I lucked into a scroll of flying, and a blessed one at that. I'd really like to get an altar into my house eventually, would one blessed scroll of flying be enough to get it to a reasonable weight? Not that I've found one yet, but you know, future planning.

EDIT: Also Elona+1.08, not that I think it matters.

No, one probably won't be enough, unless you are extremely strong and hardy, with lots of weight lifting.

An altar is 500s, a blessed flying scroll only reduces it by 25% = 375s.

A character's weight limit is calculated using the formula: 45 + (Strength/2) + (Constitution/4) + (Weight Lifting*2)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2314 on: July 09, 2012, 01:15:11 am »

Hmmm, damn. Time to hoard it then.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:15 am »

In all likelyhood, you'll probably have to wish for one. Altars are always generated as "owned" so you'll need to pickpocket it if you find a "wild" one.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: July 09, 2012, 09:14:05 am »

The altar in the tower of fire is free to pick up. Dump all your stuff at home, hike over, use flying scrolls until you can use a scroll of return.

Alternatively, grind until you can pickpocket 500s.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: July 09, 2012, 03:52:11 pm »

That'd be fun.

I wanted to stay in the snowfields stealing trees, but I had to pay taxes...
Everybody!

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: July 09, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »

I hate doing party quests in Elona+.

If Loyter's invited and you don't notice him in time, that seems to be guaranteed stat loss.

I think they might have nerfed performing a bit too hard, only time I get decent money is during those quests and I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:31:50 pm by amjh »
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2319 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41:26 pm »

Speaking of stat loss (Well, stats in general), I was wondering, how bad IS the stat loss? Do you use an entire point or just potential in that stat, or what?

And manuals, do they raise the potential of skills or train the skill or what? Training machines are also similarly confusing.

Every time I pick up this game I remember like fifteen things I never figured out about it.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: July 09, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »

When you die, your attribute's XP is reduced. If you lose enough XP, you lose 1 point and regain a small amount of potential. For the most part, you lose more potential gaining the point back than you gained when you lost the point in the first place.

AFAIK, skillbooks only train the skill, not its potential. I'm guessing it's the same with training machines.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:59:04 pm by Blaze »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2321 on: July 09, 2012, 07:00:34 pm »

Okay, neat. I guess training machines are just ways to pass the time then? Or do they seem to do something that just too minor to notice usually?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: July 09, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

The altar in the tower of fire is free to pick up. Dump all your stuff at home, hike over, use flying scrolls until you can use a scroll of return.

Alternatively, grind until you can pickpocket 500s.

Don't pick the one in the tower of fire up, it is a frand altar to the fOrCeS oF cHaOs.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:12:15 pm by Azthor »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: July 10, 2012, 01:30:51 am »

I hate doing party quests in Elona+.

If Loyter's invited and you don't notice him in time, that seems to be guaranteed stat loss.

I think they might have nerfed performing a bit too hard, only time I get decent money is during those quests and I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

Wait, what? I though Elona+ *reduced* the tendencies of NPCs throwing stones, say, instead of getting stoned by Loyter and 5 other NPCs, you just get stoned by Loyter and 1 other.

I've been able to perform in 2-green-star level party quests without dying, with less than 10 Performer, as long as I move to an appropriate section first (i.e. near beggars/old people).

I will fail the quest, but I won't get killed, even with some higher level NPCs (like shop keepers) around. I just get seriously hurt. Now that I'm level 20+ (Performer 15, Charisma 28), I can even survive a shot from Loyter.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2324 on: July 10, 2012, 05:02:04 am »

Man, if there's one thing that's been consistent through my playthroughs, I always end up with a ton of constitution. Must be all those healing events while you sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 291