Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 561122 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4335 on: December 26, 2017, 07:11:01 am »

Worth mentioning, if you keep dying and don't mind a bit of scumming, you can decide to stay down, and the game won't treat it as if you died, but load the last autosave.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: December 26, 2017, 02:21:07 pm »

Oh jeez. I haven't touched the game since E+1.62, and I'm feeling overwhelmed by looking at all the changelogs on the wiki between then and now (1.74).

Is it worth rerolling again for this latest version, or should I just update my old save and keep playing?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: December 26, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »

Well, I just noticed something bizarre: while ElonaC.exe is running, NumLock is completely disabled.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: December 26, 2017, 07:35:11 pm »

It has an autonumlock feature which ensures that the game always behaves as if numlock were on, regardless of whether you've toggled it on on your keyboard.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: December 29, 2017, 01:23:39 am »

Have you guys tried using Elona+ Custom's custom AI and Tag Organization abilities? They allow you to make a incredibly powerful party members.

My strategy is to snipe from afar while riding on Pascal (a recruitable NPC that doubles as a great mount), while my tag team of Chante (a cute fairy) and Elise (An evolved Young Lady) shreds things behind a wall of skeleton warriors (Coffins of Necromancy).

Chante is set to buff herself with divine wisdom, attack with lightning bolt, and keep her tag team out of danger w/ short teleport and general movement; also set to use harvest mana when low on MP.
Elise starts out with Cheer, casts healing rain when either is low on health, and use her unique potion throw ability.

This were a couple of issues with this tag team to start, since Elise kept missing with her potions (and especially molotovs) and Chante kept running out of MP; but it paid off in the end.

Since Chante handles all the movement, Elise throws potions with almost 100% chance. The now debuffed and wet enemies are easy prey for lightning spells and my ice-damage sniper rifle.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: December 29, 2017, 03:07:07 am »

I'm still at the not really grinding muh pet's brains so they can do many smarts phase. 
Every 5 learning stat or something = 1 more tactic right?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: December 29, 2017, 08:01:30 am »

Have you guys tried using Elona+ Custom's custom AI and Tag Organization abilities? They allow you to make a incredibly powerful party members.

My strategy is to snipe from afar while riding on Pascal (a recruitable NPC that doubles as a great mount), while my tag team of Chante (a cute fairy) and Elise (An evolved Young Lady) shreds things behind a wall of skeleton warriors (Coffins of Necromancy).

Chante is set to buff herself with divine wisdom, attack with lightning bolt, and keep her tag team out of danger w/ short teleport and general movement; also set to use harvest mana when low on MP.
Elise starts out with Cheer, casts healing rain when either is low on health, and use her unique potion throw ability.

This were a couple of issues with this tag team to start, since Elise kept missing with her potions (and especially molotovs) and Chante kept running out of MP; but it paid off in the end.

Since Chante handles all the movement, Elise throws potions with almost 100% chance. The now debuffed and wet enemies are easy prey for lightning spells and my ice-damage sniper rifle.

Do be warned that there's not really a good way to make pets keep their distance from all enemies with the custom AI. The only hostile mob keyword is "target", so they'll gladly run right next to a titan and get pasted to stay out of range of a kobold if they targeted the latter.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: January 29, 2018, 08:23:01 pm »

After 425 hours nolifing this game since Christmas I'm free! Killed Enthumesis with a Fairy and an army of pets.

Here's the album for more information.

Of note, the wiki and old threads are full of traps. TRAPS. I had to scour old 4chan threads for up to date info. The Elona discord linked on Reddit or the IRC are probably the only places for cutting edge information. Otherwise, being able to source dive helps.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 08:28:10 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: October 02, 2022, 07:32:06 pm »

Apparently Elona Guy has put Elona 2 on Steam in pre-Early Access.  It's called Elin now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2135150/Elin/

Things seem... weirdly coherent for being from some Japanese guy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: October 02, 2022, 11:33:44 pm »

Not a game or news I expected to see today!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: October 03, 2022, 04:13:47 am »

I hope it will be as a good game filled with content and things to do as Elona is.
But i wonder if that Elin will have a similar level of hilarious crazy Elona was filled with.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: October 04, 2022, 08:57:49 am »

its been ages since i played elona (first played the one flash defence game on kongregate of it and then found elona a bit later through that)
and i must say this elin sounds (music) and looks (map, characters, ui) and feels very much like elona.
awesome, going to wishlist that and keep an eye on it, as elona was pretty fun ages ago. (never was good at it or beaten it, but i had fun playing it.)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: October 04, 2022, 09:04:22 am »

I'm cautiously hopeful for Elin. I feel like most of the greatness of Elona came from third-party modders who went to extraordinary lengths after the original developer abandoned his project. And even if Elin does have some good content, I'm concerned about the length of time it took to reach this point in development.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: October 05, 2022, 05:06:42 am »

Yeah I'm hopeful.  Isometric Elona where you can parse shit actually moving around sounds cool, but like, yeah, the good shit from Elona was the silly persistent bullshit.  Hope it stays in.

I played relatively early on in Elona's life cycle in that it was before he stopped working on it and before modders took over the project I think, but I hope the project doesn't burn because folks start comparing late-life modded Elona to early-life Elin.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: October 05, 2022, 09:28:10 am »

To be fair, the modders mostly implemented the features originally planned by the developer. Anyone know any major changes that were solely the modders?
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291