Maybe i got the wrong files originally...i clicked the download button on github and it downloaded AnnanFay-dgc-2b601a0 even though i started from the jui tree. So i had to copy pasta the link it would have downloaded, and then replaced master with jui and now i have the correct files using AnnanFay-dgc-cce541a...
I don't use FF, but downloaded the latest FF(10) portable but still issues though, it sees my xml file, but i guess refuses to read it in as i get no dwarves displayed down the left in the browser window. Maybe some config setting i need to change? although i saw nothing obvious. I'll email you a screenshot and my XML anyways and a copy of this post.
Thanks for sending me the files
I had a look at them and figured out the problem. Unfortunately there's not much I can do about it TL;DR : dwarfexport exports aren't compatible with Runesmith exports.
Runesmith only writes out the textual descriptions of traits that are not average, dwarf export writes out all traits with the average ones having no description. This means the exported file is better
as it gives more information about traits, however it means it's not compatible with the Runesmith export. dwarfexport also doesn't export the skills and doesn't use UTF-8, though I'm not sure if the encoding would cause a problem.
I could change DGC so that it can use files from Runesmith and dwarfexport. However as it would remove some of the functionality and I am already working on a new version I will leave it as it is.