Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dwarven Guidance Counselor 0.0.6 11 May 2011  (Read 49945 times)

AnnanFay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Guidance Counselor 0.0.6 11 May 2011
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2012, 10:58:10 am »

File sent :)

Thanks :) I narrowed down the problem, the export says she "Doesn't like to compromise with others". The wiki says this means she is between 25 and 39 cooperation. The wiki also says that if she's below 40 she can't gain pacifier levels.

If you look at her in game description to see if it says "Doesn't like to compromise with others"?

If it says that then the wiki is wrong, otherwise runesmith is exporting incorrect data.

Thank you for this tool. It's been really handy in the past.

I do have one request / suggestion and figure someone likely suggested it before. It would be nice if we could tell it we want x number of dwarves and what jobs we want each dwarf to do and have it tell us which set of dwarves fill the roles least worst.

This is a good idea! I've been thinking about it while working on the current version though I'm still unsure how to add it to the interface. Maybe I'll post a screenshot later to see if anyone has any ideas.

Also, given a list of professions and dwarfs, what is the best way to deal the dwarves?

Example:

Code: [Select]
Profs  a b c
Urist1 4 0 7
Urist2 2 1 8
Urist3 4 3 5
Urist4 1 6 5
Urist5 8 7 6
Urist6 6 2 6

Lets say you want 2a 3b 1c. What happens to Urist5 as he is the best at professions a and b.

One possibility is having the profs choose the best dwarf and rotate profs.
a <- Urist5
b <- Urist4
c <- Urist2
a <- Urist6
b <- Urist3
c <- n/a - filled
a <- Urist1
b <- n/a - filled
c <- n/a - filled

However this means the profs that choose first get the better dwarves. A bit like choosing players in a field game.

Another possibility is sorting the dwarves by their highest aptitude then placing dwarves into profs by that order.

Code: [Select]
Profs  a b c
Urist5 8 7 6
Urist2 2 1 8
Urist1 4 0 7
Urist4 1 6 5
Urist6 6 2 6
Urist3 4 3 5

Urist5 -> a
Urist2 -> c
Urist1 -> a
Urist4 -> b
Urist6 -> b
Urist3 -> b

Which is definitely sub optimal... Any ideas?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2012, 12:10:16 pm »

Thanks :) I narrowed down the problem, the export says she "Doesn't like to compromise with others". The wiki says this means she is between 25 and 39 cooperation. The wiki also says that if she's below 40 she can't gain pacifier levels.

If you look at her in game description to see if it says "Doesn't like to compromise with others"?

If it says that then the wiki is wrong, otherwise runesmith is exporting incorrect data.

Here is a dump of what you need i think:

Inside here are dumps from DT and Runesmith about what it says they have set. And to me, it looks as though what DT says and what Runesmith says for Trait's don't match? The DT readout seems more inline with the TnPs ingame above?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

AnnanFay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2012, 05:50:30 pm »

Here is a dump of what you need i think:

Inside here are dumps from DT and Runesmith about what it says they have set. And to me, it looks as though what DT says and what Runesmith says for Trait's don't match? The DT readout seems more inline with the TnPs ingame above?

Yeah, looks like Runesmith has a bug in it if it! DT seems to detect the correct traits like you say. This is slightly worrisome because it means most of the time DGC uses traits may be incorrect.

This won't be a problem once I've integrated it into dfhack. Though you should report it on the Runesmith thread if you haven't already.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2012, 01:02:16 am »

Yes worrisome indeed, if the source data is incorrect then DGCs findings could also be skewed.

Have posted in the RS thread.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2012, 02:42:47 am »

I do have one request / suggestion and figure someone likely suggested it before. It would be nice if we could tell it we want x number of dwarves and what jobs we want each dwarf to do and have it tell us which set of dwarves fill the roles least worst.

This is a good idea! I've been thinking about it while working on the current version though I'm still unsure how to add it to the interface. Maybe I'll post a screenshot later to see if anyone has any ideas.

Also, given a list of professions and dwarfs, what is the best way to deal the dwarves?

-snip-

Any ideas?
It could try every possible arrangement of jobs, rank each arrangement, and give you the highest scoring arrangement. It could rank each individual dwarf in each arrangement by how well he fits the jobs allocated and the overall arrangement rank could just be all the individual ranks added together. This is kind of a brute method and wouldn't be ideal for large numbers of dwarves but for the starting seven it should be fine. I'd imagine someone could come up with a better method, though.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2012, 11:32:01 am »

By the way chrisadams3997 on the Dwarf therapist thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.1320 has intentions of intetgrating DGC features into Dwarf Therapist.  One could in theory open up the DGC.html and just copy the formulas down (there simply averages of the basic stats that make up that profession) and create filter scripts in Dwarf Therapist.  The only issue is you have to set a threshold of what you want to view.  It might not be possible to create a new data column based on the average.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2012, 12:31:49 pm »

Two questions:

I intend on porting the formulas for dgc to dwarf therapist.  Was wondering where knaveofstaves got his attributes to base his job filters on from?  (Wiki locations?)

2nd:
Should weights be applied to certain attributes vs just a straight average.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2012, 01:40:37 pm »

By the way chrisadams3997 on the Dwarf therapist thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.1320 has intentions of intetgrating DGC features into Dwarf Therapist.  One could in theory open up the DGC.html and just copy the formulas down (there simply averages of the basic stats that make up that profession) and create filter scripts in Dwarf Therapist.  The only issue is you have to set a threshold of what you want to view.  It might not be possible to create a new data column based on the average.

Hopefully he's talked with AnnanFay about this, seeing as she(?) has already put in a lot of work on the new version.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012, 09:48:49 am »

I keep reading about "runesmith".  Well dfhack's dwarfexport does the same thing and exports more information.

Update:
I just downloaded each file individually for AnnanFay's DGC, but I didn't see a single .zip

Also...
I imported a Dwarves.xml from the old DGC (the default one) and I couldn't get it to read any dwarves in your new version.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:58:37 am by thistleknot »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 11:44:23 am »

The download button is outdated on the github page, you have to click the Zip one at the top for this link: https://github.com/AnnanFay/dgc/zipball/jui

And the previous page here contains the info issues i found and comments from AnnanFay starting from here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83112.msg2975725#msg2975725

It only works in firefox too. So i just downloaded the portableapps version of FF and used DGC with that.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 07:57:56 pm »

A few months ago I forked DGC and made some changes to it. This was more of a personal convenience than anything else. Out of boredom I added a few more things, then rewrote most of the interface. Even had a look at making a patch for DT, however my C++ skills are meager so I didn't get far.

knaveofstaves seemed enthusiastic and said he'd test it on his next fortresses, however never got back when I replied to him. I didn't want to be in charge of this project as my interests are fickle. This is why I waited so long before posting on here.

I'm not planning on developing it much further, though I'll fix minor bugs people point out. In a few months I may (or may not) work on it some more, but it would be in the form of an application using DF Hack. (C++ gives me headaches)

The current version was tested with Firefox 5 only and XML files.

Old updated version: https://github.com/AnnanFay/DGC/
Most recent version: https://github.com/AnnanFay/DGC/tree/jui

Hope some people find any changes I made useful! :)

I was looking at DGC, old, updated by AnnanFay and the default dwarf values look correct except for the 1500 for focus, and the other 1500.  I was doing calculations today, and those caught my eye.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 10:48:03 pm »

I took a sample of 294 dwarves, and found their min/max values.

I updated the wiki (hopefully they don't pull it).

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Attribute#Sample_of_294_Dwarves_with_Min.2FAvg.2FMax_Values

Min value for dwarves is 146 (Agility)
Highest value is 2537 (Musicality)

Dwarves have higher than reported center for musicality and memory

They have a few stat's that are higher than the center's reported on attributes wiki.  I marked them after their name with either a < or a >.  Agility was pretty much right on.

I did discover that their is a bell curve to these values (possibly skewed, but I need a bigger sample), which is good to know.

I made this formula for close combat dwarf based on the new averages I found.  It also uses additional attributes, subtracts the average from the attribute, and then apply a weight.  The weight can be easily removed.  The 110 is 10% of the average of all averages (factored (.98) down from 113-115)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:01:20 pm by thistleknot »

yew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2012, 04:37:15 am »

It could try every possible arrangement of jobs, rank each arrangement, and give you the highest scoring arrangement. It could rank each individual dwarf in each arrangement by how well he fits the jobs allocated and the overall arrangement rank could just be all the individual ranks added together. This is kind of a brute method and wouldn't be ideal for large numbers of dwarves but for the starting seven it should be fine. I'd imagine someone could come up with a better method, though.

I have written a small python script which finds one arrangement with max sum.  It turns out that this is a Mixed Integer Linear Programming (MILP) problem, and open source softwares are freely available for solving this type of problems quickly.  I used OpenOpt and GLPK.

For people working on integrating DGC into Dwarf Therapist, AFAIK, packages for solving MILP is available for Lua too.

-snip-

Any ideas?

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2012, 01:39:59 pm »

I recently patched DGC to color-code attributes based on how far above or below average they land. And then I found out about splinterz' work on Therapist. *sigh*

AnnanFay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2012, 01:39:59 pm »

Update: So people don't wonder if DGC is a dead project.

I'm currently revising for exams, hence why I haven't managed to get the DFHack version finished. Good news though is that I managed to get the RPC working (a month ago :P), just need to add the DFHack side of things and integrate it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7