Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: SYSTEM  (Read 15462 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
SYSTEM
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:39:31 pm »

The SYSTEM is empty. It needs a sun. Or two suns. Or possibly three. You can do whatever you like with this SYSTEM, but the ultimate goal is to get a sentient species out and make your mark on history.

So, what will it be?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:42 pm »

A green sun slowly forms over a millennium. It glows dimly but it will be there forever.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 01:08:22 pm »

Gasses condense, swirling together to form a star. This star is a strange one, banded with all of the colors of the visible spectrum. It burns brightly, and will likely have very strange death throes. It is of average size.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 01:11:29 pm »

You're inside a purple nebulus.  There is a double sun orbiting itself.  A smaller dense blue one and a large red one.

There are 4 planets orbiting them, one of them super large one with moons the size of the smallest planet in orbit, and a middle-sized one with rings.   There are also two asteroid belts.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:25:18 pm »

Just one sun, two would be too much heat and gravitational variations. A young small class F, G or K would be the best for it.

The colors and temp would be the following: F-Very light near white yellow 6,000–7,200 K, G-Light Yellow 5,500–6,000 K, K-Yellow 4,000–5,250 K. The sun is a G type star with a surface temp of 5700 K more or less. This may be useful as a reference point.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 02:27:31 pm »

Three suns orbiting a supermassive planet from a long distance away.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 02:32:29 pm »

That is just phisically impossible, such a dense planet cannot exist physically, it would collapse on itself. (gravity is a bitch)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 02:34:41 pm »

I love how you say that about a massive planet, but don't even mention my star that utterly breaks logic.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 02:41:52 pm »

What if it was a gaseous planet and the stars were white dwarfs?

EDIT: And what if it wasn't gaseous, but the orbit of the stars was perfect in such a way that their gravity countered the effects of the planets gravity just enough that the planet wouldn't collapse, but the surface would have an acceptable level of gravity?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:44:56 pm by rty275 »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 02:42:42 pm »

If a planet is massive enough to cause stars to orbit it, it's most likely massive enough to fuse.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 02:47:12 pm »

See previous edit.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 04:18:21 pm »

A sun is there. It is a greenish yellow color, and burns medium hot. It is perfect for a species to grow, if they had a planet...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 04:52:53 pm »

I think stars cannot be green, but.. who minds :P

Small-medium sized rocky planet, a bit far from the sun. It has deserts of copper sulphate and it is diluded on most of its water, which also shares its space with small sulphuric acid pools inland. The copper sulphate gives the planet a beautiful blue colour, while its atmosphere is composed mainly of methane, acetylene and sulphur dyoxide. The atmosphere is very dense, and masks the blue planet with a whirling green colour. The greenhouse effect plus its distance from the sun makes it a slightly cold planet, maybe near the 4º celsius in the equator, but its strong geothermal energy (yay, magma!) gives the planet a pretty constant tepmprature.

Simplify this the best you can, i cannot, im sorry, i want a "realistc" weird planet xD

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 07:11:34 pm »

Small-medium sized rocky planet, a bit far from the sun. It has deserts of copper sulphate and it is diluded on most of its water, which also shares its space with small sulphuric acid pools inland. The copper sulphate gives the planet a beautiful blue colour, while its atmosphere is composed mainly of methane, acetylene and sulphur dyoxide. The atmosphere is very dense, and masks the blue planet with a whirling green colour. The greenhouse effect plus its distance from the sun makes it a slightly cold planet, maybe near the 4º celsius in the equator, but its strong geothermal energy (yay, magma!) gives the planet a pretty constant tepmprature.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 05:59:36 pm »

You create a planet some ways from the sun, directly in the center of the Goldilocks Zone.

Oh dear. That seems rather... Large...

You may need something to divert or catch those. A Gas Giant would work nicely here, assuming it was outside the orbit of your Living Planet. Of course, it can't be in the new Meteor Belt for obvious reasons. Or, if you wanted, a inventive solution to those pesky comets could be found.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12