Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: SYSTEM  (Read 15367 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SYSTEM
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2013, 08:44:12 pm »

I say we dump fully fledged humans into the oceans and make them turn into mer-men and develop nuclear weapons for our amusement
That's it. I'm lobbying for robopolarbears.
Since we melt the ice caps will they need to be PirateRobotPolarBears?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:01 pm »

I say we dump fully fledged humans into the oceans and make them turn into mer-men and develop nuclear weapons for our amusement
That does sound pretty awesome.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 08:48:46 pm »

That does sound pretty awesome.
If we do that (and I don't want to), we'd need to make them ninjas and zombies as well. At minimum.

Oh, and seeding life will probably disable terrain controls like making the life-planet disabled systemic controls.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 08:52:52 pm »

Why not get some bigger plants up and running? Like... Huge plants. But not elfy huge plants, but like, beer trees. With intoxicating fruit.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 08:55:13 pm »

Why not get some bigger plants up and running? Like... Huge plants. But not elfy huge plants, but like, beer trees. With intoxicating fruit.
*cough*Sun Berries*/cough*

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 09:17:34 pm »

Create a continent under the northern ice-sheet, extending southwards as a tundra, then connecting with forests to the large eastern continent, the landmass having a shape roughly like this:

e: whoops - wrong pic.

This.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2013, 09:31:46 pm »

You talk, I act.

Create some mats of sargasso-like plants, but silicon-based, so big and thick they can function as small islands when creatures come along. Give them floating, juicy fruits. Also create some sort of animal to eat these fruits and spread the seeds within.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:23 pm »

You talk, I act.

Create some mats of sargasso-like plants, but silicon-based, so big and thick they can function as small islands when creatures come along. Give them floating, juicy fruits. Also create some sort of animal to eat these fruits and spread the seeds within.

Dump sand inside.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2013, 11:59:41 pm »

Create a continent under the northern ice-sheet, extending southwards as a tundra, then connecting with forests to the large eastern continent, the landmass having a shape roughly like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

e: whoops - wrong pic.

This.
Unfortunately, you lack the ability to create large landmasses of defined shapes from nothing. You may attempt to extend land along those lines, should you wish to. Be aware that tectonic movement coupled with erosion will eventually make any and all shaped landmasses moot.

Warning, Creating life will end geologic simulation.
No further direct modifications will be possible to rock formations. No further landmass will be added. No further geologic-scale additions will be considered. Timescale will slow to a evolutionary timescale. If environment proves inhospitable to life, simulation will end. If player interference proves inhospitable to life, simulation will end. Early life is fragile.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »

Ho hum. Continental drift works in this world, right?

Create some plants like silicon-based algae*, and some sponges*, and some silicon-based bacteria* living in various places, and some silicon-based fungi*, and silicon-based diatons*, and silicon-based protists* of various sorts, and a single species of carbon-based bacteria which lives by the hydrothermal vents.

Long-term goal:
Sig

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:16 pm »

Create some plants like silicon-based algae*, and some sponges*, and some silicon-based bacteria* living in various places, and some silicon-based fungi*, and silicon-based diatons*, and silicon-based protists* of various sorts, and a single species of carbon-based bacteria which lives by the hydrothermal vents.

Long-term goal:
+1

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »

Long-term goal:
+2

Because Great Wyrm always has the best ideas.

I just realized how old this is....

No wonder it looked so familiar.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:47:23 pm by Vgray »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2013, 05:50:05 pm »

+1 GWG's idea.

Also, create some non-silicone based creatures, to serve as another caste (like plant/animal/fungus, we currently have one kingdom)

I'm thinking something based on a Noble Gas, or Lithium. Because Lithium and H2O just looove each other.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2013, 05:54:59 pm »

Dump sa-

damnit

Create boron-based volcano-dwelling fungi!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2013, 06:09:19 pm »

Our long term goal is now to create peaceful squid-people called the Boron.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12